• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SilverStone SUGO 17 Compact Micro-ATX Case Announced

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
SilverStone earlier this week announced the SUGO 17, a stretched version of the SUGO 16 that the company had launched in 2021. These are compact cuboidal tower cases. The new SUGO 17 is significantly deeper, with dimensions of 202 mm x 451 mm x and 286 mm (WxDxH), with the added depth creating room for a large, contemporary enthusiast-class graphics card that is 4 slots thick, and up to 40 cm in length, and 17.4 cm in height. SilverStone advertises this firmly as a Micro-ATX case, as it has 4 expansion slots exactly where you'd want them. Nearly every air-cooled, custom-design GeForce RTX 4090 or Radeon RX 7900 XTX that we know of, should fit comfortably.

The SilverStone SUGO 17 orients the Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX motherboard upside down, similar to BTX, so the upper compartment of the case is made entire up for room for the graphics card, without needing any PCIe risers, while the bottom half has room for a tower-type CPU cooler that's up to 15.8 cm in height. The frontal region of the case has room for a standard ATX (PS/2) PSU, but you can also use smaller SFX-L or SFX PSUs. Ventilation features include three 120 mm or two 140 mm fan vents along the top, three 120 mm along the right side, four 80 mm along the left side, and a 120 mm rear exhaust. Storage options include two 2.5-inch mounts, and a 3.5-inch bay that can also be used to hold onto a third 2.5-inch drive. You can mount liquid cooling radiators as large as 360 mm along the top- and right-side panels. The case comes in black and white color variants.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Nice case!
I prefer computer cases that are smaller in size and have the ability to support vertical placement of the graphics processing unit (GPU).
If a solid face GPU block is used in this case, it can trap heat at the top.

Nice to see Silverstone putting something out.. but:

1) why not make both sides full mesh?
2) TINY mesh wholes, does not look to be optimal for airflow

waiting for reviews before passing judgement though.

System Name Hulk
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming Wi-Fi
Cooling Custom water
Memory 32GB 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) 4090
Display(s) LG 42C2 + Gigabyte Aorus FI32U 32" 4k 120Hz IPS
Case Corsair 750D
Power Supply beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 700
Keyboard Logitech G815 GL-Tactile
VR HMD Quest 2
This is great, but once again it's a product announcement before I can order one, so by the time it's actually available to buy I'll have bought something else or forgotten about it. Apple really have the right model, tell me about a product I can actually order, or tell me when I can order it at least!

This is great, but once again it's a product announcement before I can order one, so by the time it's actually available to buy I'll have bought something else or forgotten about it. Apple really have the right model, tell me about a product I can actually order, or tell me when I can order it at least!

I agree with you so much. On one side, companies try ramping up the cost based on the supply and demand (small companies modo). When folks like Apple drop the news, EVERYTHING about the product is made available, ready to purchase in the next two days. Fractel and Lian Li, are good at putting all the information out.

Sorry, this was supposed to be available shortly after the announcement in October/November but a quality issue was found after the initial production so we had to pull back and retune the case design. It's now finally available! For those of you in the US, they are up on Amazon:

SUGO 17 Black
SUGO 17 White