• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR Launches K70 CORE SE Gaming Keyboard

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
CORSAIR, a world leader in high-performance gear for gamers and content creators, today announced a vibrant addition to the K70 CORE gaming keyboard lineup: the K70 CORE SE. Touting CORSAIR MLX Red linear mechanical switches, the K70 CORE SE delivers the same performance as the acclaimed K70 CORE, winner of 33 industry awards, in an eye-catching white-silver-yellow color palette.

K70 CORE SE comes equipped with CORSAIR MLX Red linear mechanical switches, which offer a finely-tuned typing experience reviewers describe as "absolutely sublime."* These pre-lubricated switches ensure silky smooth key travel, and are tightly constructed to reduce stem wobble. The result is reliable, satisfying actuation for up to an astounding 70 million keystrokes. Two layers of sound dampening foam eliminate annoying clacks, echoes, and pings as well, instead delivering softened, subdued acoustics that pleasantly surprise you every time you type.

The K70 CORE SE is built to be sustainable too - both for the planet and for your setup. The keyboard's sturdy bottom case is constructed with 85% post-consumer recycled materials, making it the most eco-friendly gaming keyboard CORSAIR has ever produced. The durable aluminium top plate and tough PBT dye-sublimated keycaps ensure the K70 CORE SE will withstand years of gaming without wearing down.

The same premium features that made CORSAIR K70 keyboards world famous are found in the K70 CORE SE. The multi-function dial can be set to adjust volume, RGB brightness, zoom, and more with just a quick turn, and the programmable media button makes it easy to instantly control your music and video. These buttons, as well as RGB lighting, are easily set in CORSAIR iCUE software, with the option to save your custom settings on up to five on-board profiles to always have at the ready, wherever your games take you.

A trio of limited-edition keycap and mouse pad bundles also launches today exclusively from the CORSAIR webstore. These bundles include a specially designed MM350 PRO Extended XL 930x400 mm mouse pad with spill-proof stain-resistant micro weave, and PBT dye-sublimated keycaps, in three inspired designs: White Cherry Blossom, Steel Azure, and Steel Crimson.

Availability, Warranty, and Pricing
The CORSAIR K70 CORE SE gaming keyboard is available immediately from the CORSAIR webstore and the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized online retailers and distributors.

The CORSAIR K70 CORE SE gaming keyboard is backed by a two-year warranty, alongside the CORSAIR worldwide customer service and technical support network.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
$109.99 for this hideousness, LMFAO.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I'm getting deja vu.
Didn't they launch this a few months ago for $99, and now they're launching it again for more, just in time to milk the Thanksgiving/Christmas market for suckers....

I'm getting deja vu.
Didn't they launch this a few months ago for $99, and now they're launching it again for more, just in time to milk the Thanksgiving/Christmas market for suckers....
Nevermind, VSG reviewed the K70 Core last month at $99.
This is the SE. Which, as far as I can tell, is identical apart from PBT keycaps instead of ABS - actually something worth paying an extra $10 for!

It would be nice if Corsair could have just said "it's a K70 Core with upgraded keycaps", rather that me having to wade through several paragraphs of irritating marketing-twaddle and cross-reference both products to play an unnecessary game of "spot the difference".

Last edited:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
It would be nice if Logitech could have just said "it's a K70 Core with upgraded keycaps", rather that me having to wade through several paragraphs of irritating marketing-twaddle and cross-reference both products to play an unnecessary game of "spot the difference".
This is exactly why ChatGPT is going to take marketers' jobs, and the world will undeniably be a better place as a result.

The second picture accurately showcases Corsair keyboards' unique feature: Keycaps falling off.
I can't say that I've had that problem, of course I've only had my Corsair keyboard for about 2 years now. The thing I don't like is the intrusive proprietary software installation requirement if you want to take advantage of all the control features.
To be honest, it doesn't look all that bad, but its not a theme I would choose since I prefer darker or black. I'll leave it to those with upscale offices & those who go for this sort of thing. More of a niche product imo.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
The keyboard is ugly - but I will take a set of those steel crimson keycaps :pimp:

I'm getting deja vu.

Nevermind, VSG reviewed the K70 Core last month at $99.
This is the SE. Which, as far as I can tell, is identical apart from PBT keycaps instead of ABS - actually something worth paying an extra $10 for!

It would be nice if Logitech could have just said "it's a K70 Core with upgraded keycaps", rather that me having to wade through several paragraphs of irritating marketing-twaddle and cross-reference both products to play an unnecessary game of "spot the difference".
I don't know why Logitech would make any product statements about a Corsair keyboard though.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

I don't know why Logitech would make any product statements about a Corsair keyboard though.

Soooo.... was this just a brain fart/typo, or a deliberate shade thrown at Corsair ?

I'll let ya'll do the math, hehehe :D

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
They're very much comparable to me.

Mainstream, overpriced, mediocre quality, unimaginative brands who typically play it boringly-safe with peripherals. Neither company has been what I'd call good for a long time now, but at the same time, you're generally getting a decent product with either that will at least work the way you expect it to and they have wide global availability and ironclad support/warranty procedures.

Hxx

They're very much comparable to me.

Mainstream, overpriced, mediocre quality, unimaginative brands who typically play it boringly-safe with peripherals. Neither company has been what I'd call good for a long time now, but at the same time, you're generally getting a decent product with either that will at least work the way you expect it to and they have wide global availability and ironclad support/warranty procedures.
They have too much money stuck in contracts, warranties, continous software updates , etc and so hardware usually take a big hit or price gets a big bump to cover these costs. Folks think $100-200 it aint bad for a keyboard and wonder why is a $100 board not good. its because you are not getting $100 worth of hardware not even close... someone pays for that engineer developing icue, for best buy or any other B&M store getting thousands of these boards at a discount on a contract, for the corsair brand ,etc all this rolls downhill in the consumers lap who ultimately pays for it. Your typical online only vendor using some third party software doesnt have these costs so they can afford to make a much better quality board in terms of hardware for a similar price.
These products dont ever make sense for the price at least initially but it just came out , is/will be available at your local B&M store , and theres brand loyalty so many will still buy it.

Last edited:
$109.99 for this hideousness, LMFAO.
Sorry, this is an example of personal preference. For some people, myself included, this is proper nice and beautiful! You are not wrong on the price, it's a tad bit steep, but not outlandishly so.

Loving the aesthetics of this keyboard, at least the default!

Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Motherboard Asus Proart B650
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 5600MHz C36 AMD Expo
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7800 XT Nitro+
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb
Case Fractal Design Pop Silent
Audio Device(s) Edifier r1900tII
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Platinum 650W
Looks like perfect desktop keyboard (great classic layout and linear switches perfect for gaming).

Processor Intel Core i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz
Motherboard ASRock z77 Fatal1ty Professional-M
Cooling Corsair Hydro H90
Memory 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) MSI Armour GTX 1070Ti
Storage Western Digital Blue SATA III SSD 1TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Corsair Obsidian 350d
Power Supply Corsair TX750
I can't say that I've had that problem, of course I've only had my Corsair keyboard for about 2 years now. The thing I don't like is the intrusive proprietary software installation requirement if you want to take advantage of all the control features.
To be honest, it doesn't look all that bad, but its not a theme I would choose since I prefer darker or black. I'll leave it to those with upscale offices & those who go for this sort of thing. More of a niche product imo.

I have experienced the issue with the keycaps and it is legit the only gripe I have with my Corsair keyboard. They keys will stick to your finger and just pull off. It's pretty much the one reason I wouldn't buy another.

I have personally never had an issue with iCue and it's more lightweight than it used to be. But then again, I have a bunch of Corsair products so I only needed the one piece of software to control everything.

I have experienced the issue with the keycaps and it is legit the only gripe I have with my Corsair keyboard. They keys will stick to your finger and just pull off. It's pretty much the one reason I wouldn't buy another.

I have personally never had an issue with iCue and it's more lightweight than it used to be. But then again, I have a bunch of Corsair products so I only needed the one piece of software to control everything.
What kind of Corsair keyboard(s)? iirc the model, I have one of their mechanical K95 Platinum RGB models and the keys appear to be fine(at least for now). However, I have experienced something very similar with the low-profile keyboards on laptops where after frequent use, they tend to get pulled off when they stick to the fingers(i.e. the warmth can cause more moisture to be produced in the hands making the keys stick to fingers more & increasing the "pull" force between the contact areas of fingertips and the keys after keystrokes). Lots of key mashing, frequently holding keys down, etc., wear those laptop keys down fast.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz
Motherboard ASRock z77 Fatal1ty Professional-M
Cooling Corsair Hydro H90
Memory 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) MSI Armour GTX 1070Ti
Storage Western Digital Blue SATA III SSD 1TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Corsair Obsidian 350d
Power Supply Corsair TX750
What kind of Corsair keyboard(s)? iirc the model, I have one of their mechanical K95 Platinum RGB models and the keys appear to be fine(at least for now). However, I have experienced something very similar with the low-profile keyboards on laptops where after frequent use, they tend to get pulled off when they stick to the fingers(i.e. the warmth can cause more moisture to be produced in the hands making the keys stick to fingers more & increasing the "pull" force between the contact areas of fingertips and the keys after keystrokes). Lots of key mashing, frequently holding keys down, etc., wear those laptop keys down fast.

The K70