• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rockstar Games to Drop Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer in December

System Name Cyberdyne Systems Core
Processor AMD Sceptre 9 3950x Quantum neural processor (384 nodes)
Motherboard Cyberdyne X1470
Cooling Cyberdyne Superconduct SC5600
Memory 128TB QRAM
Storage SK 16EB NVMe PCI-E 9.0 x8
Display(s) Multiple LG C9 3D Matrix OLED Cube
Software Skysoft Skynet
That is your opinion. Both Games have the same Mechanic. Go anywhere, Drive any vehicle and fly anything. I know that GTA is super popular but I have never felt any attraction to that Game and Sleeping Dogs is more than enough for me.
Sales would indicate this is the opinion of 99% of people. GTA vehicle physics are well beyond Just Cause's floaty cars physics.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Sales would indicate this is the opinion of 99% of people. GTA vehicle physics are well beyond Just Cause's floaty cars physics.
Even then it is still Opinion even if there are nuanced differences the mechanics are still the same.

System Name RYZEN RECKER
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Prime B350-plus
Cooling Arctic Cooler 120mm CPU, Cougar case fans.
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair LPX 3200mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6700XT Swift 309
Storage 6.5TB total across 4 different drives
Display(s) Acer 32" 170hz VA
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 headset
Power Supply Corsair CX850m
Mouse Steel Series Sensei Ten
Keyboard Corsair K55
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I doubt they are stretched thin with the development cycle they have currently on games. In the past From about GTA IV's release they had 5 different games come out in 5 years during that time including LA Noir, GTA V, RDR, and Max Payne 3(At least what would be considered AAA). After GTA V, they have essentially re-released GTA V over and over again, took 5 years to develop RDR 2, and done nothing except add more micro transaction style updates to both games for the online. I am not saying I need a new RDR every 2 years, just they need to divide up their studio a bit and work on their other title and work on sequels that are not 10 years+ apart. GTA is not a normal franchise, it should not take over 10 years for a sequel with the money they are racking in.

I am saying its not acceptable from the perspective of the reputation and respect gamers and I had for them. Yes they are making money hand over fist, and I doubt that will change anytime soon. But this has been a blow to their reputation since because the long development cycle, terrible re-releases/Updates to past games, and focus on Micro-Transactions on a game that came out on the Xbox 360/PS3 10 years ago... Bethesda has a similar problem as does Valve.

I mean again were talking over 10 years between GTA games... That is a long time in the gaming world especially considering the last gap was 5 years between them with a bunch of other games in between (And actual DLC for GTA IV).
Here's the thing.. Every GTA game in the past has pushed the envelop with the tech available at the time. The jump from San Andreas to GTA 4 was huge. The jump from GTA 4 to GTA 5 was huge..and then they remastered it making it even better. Meanwhile, between all of that.. they made RDR and RDR2 and LA Noire...
It takes time to make such a huge game with the latest tech, with lots of details.

Here's the thing.. Every GTA game in the past has pushed the envelop with the tech available at the time. The jump from San Andreas to GTA 4 was huge. The jump from GTA 4 to GTA 5 was huge..and then they remastered it making it even better. Meanwhile, between all of that.. they made RDR and RDR2 and LA Noire...
It takes time to make such a huge game with the latest tech, with lots of details.

Games have become massive endeavours but let's not pretend they didn't choose to milk GTA5 for as long as possible instead of doing something new. They also released other games in between the older GTA's like Max Payne or Alan Wake.

The thing is GTA 5 online was just too damn profitable, why put a lot of effort and take on a lot of risk developing a new game when you have an endless profit available from the current thing?

GTA 5 was originally developed for the PS3, it was released in september 2013, more than 10 years ago! Before that, it took 4 years between San Andreas and GTA 4 and 5 years between GTA 4 and 5, but they also released expansions both for GTA4 and to the franchise in general with handheld version and such. GTA 5 saw NOTHING, not a single story expansion, just re-releases on next gen consoles all the way to the current generation and continued milking of the very profitable online mode.

I get, it's a business, but let's not try to sugar coat it with excuses.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
While I agree the jump from San Andreas to GTA IV was pretty huge, I don't agree that the jump from GTA IV to GTA V was that huge (Granted its a bigger game and there are improvements, but I don't think it was that much of an improvement. Closer to a GTA III to Vice City). I don't agree with the idea they remastered GTA V for each console, I have played it all the way up to the Series X/PC and the difference is not that huge other than adding the first person POV.

My major concern is the huge gap, not that they are not releasing a GTA every 3 years (I am not interested in making this a CoD style schedule). Especially considering from what we have found leaked it sounds like true development on GTA VI did not start till around 2018 (At least in a serious way, based on leaks). Again, I am not making an insinuation that they are not making money hand over fist, GTA Online is so profitable still they were content to just keep things the way they are. But at the rate were going at, my child is not even 1 yet, it is likely he will not see another GTA after VI until he is in college and that is absurd to me and hurts my once high respect for Rockstar.