• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zhaoxin Launches KX-7000 Desktop 8-Core x86 Processor to Power China's Ambitions

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
There's been a fire under it for decades man. It will be a decade yet before we really see the impact of sanctions I expect.

It would appear they have implemented the full x86-64 instruction set here. So either just not caring, or not limited. Either way they certainly have at least a license to basic x86 from cyrix->VIA lineage.
I thought Intel determined Cyrixs X86 licence was Not transferable?!.

I thought Intel determined Cyrixs X86 licence was Not transferable?!.
Specific architectures and details are patented, there is hardly any patent on ISA as a whole. In addition, IBM has its own developments and contributions. They were respectively used in subsidiary company Sirix and, as a result of transactions, reached VIA and Zhaoxin. Could Intel be messing with IBM's way of doing business? I don't think Intel has a say in this case.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Specific architectures and details are patented, there is hardly any patent on ISA as a whole. In addition, IBM has its own developments and contributions. They were respectively used in subsidiary company Sirix and, as a result of transactions, reached VIA and Zhaoxin. Could Intel be messing with IBM's way of doing business? I don't think Intel has a say in this case.
I actually owned a Cyrix 386, I'm surprised Intel didn't litigate clearly but fair enough.

Didn't Intel and AMD have to form a mutual agreement to avoid fighting over patents related to x86-64 between themselves? I don't remember VIA being included in that agreement tbh
Because they weren't. Cyrix had own cross-licensing agreement with Intel.

Either way they certainly have at least a license to basic x86 from cyrix->VIA lineage.
Cyrix "basic" implementation was completely home grown, so Intel lost all legal battles. They then signed cross-licensing agreement. And Zaoixin did not buy license itself, but a stake in a company owning the license and IP. As far as I remember it's over 50%.

Because they weren't. Cyrix had own cross-licensing agreement with Intel.

Cyrix "basic" implementation was completely home grown, so Intel lost all legal battles. They then signed cross-licensing agreement.
Intel is only 50% of the equation. AMD is the other party, and I suspect they have no reason to agree on this.

Intel is only 50% of the equation. AMD is the other party, and I suspect they have no reason to agree on this.
It's more than 50%. It's also MMX, SSE, AVX, VT-x etc. VIA have been making x86-64 CPUs since 2011. So either some old agreement with AMD or cross-licensing conditions covers it as well. They could also implement it own way, like x86.