• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Motherboards First to Support Microsoft Dynamic Lighting for Native Control across the Window OS and Apps

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
Good to see one of the big ones making a push towards standarization for RGB. Even if you don't use/like Windows, this could help realize the same functionality across different OSs

System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
Given Cooler Master, Silverstone and couple of other use fairly standard onboard RGB headers for their cooling products hopefully they should be easy to control. Also hoping CM gets rid of their bloated MasterPlus+ in favour of MS Windows control feature.
Not just bloated, broken.

I wonder how long it will take M$ to turn this into a cloud-based, paid subscription service, with the obligatory M$ account log-in requirement in order to use it, or at least to get ALL the features enabled ..:cry:..:fear:..:eek:

I know alot of folks have been waiting/praying for this option for seemingly forever, and dream of the day when we can ditch all of the bloatwarez/crapwarez software that we have to install & run for every different brand of mobos, fans, rodents, KB's etc, but I seriously doubt that M$ won't take advantage of those desires in order to monetize what should have been a built-in feature long ago...
Those of us who activate already pay for the operating system. While I accept Microsoft may join the Blizzard style bandwagon of monetising everything in their software environment, I hope they appreciate that people have already paid to join the Windows club.

Works great for me! X670E Taichi owner here. Love the simplicity and the fact there's less software to run in the background it's a big deal.

Not just bloated, broken.
It managed to brick USB reciever while upgrading firmware(thankfully CM customer support was fast to replace it with a new one). Until few years back firmware upgrades were much easier with entire file being downloaded first(either by user or software) before starting the flashing and verification process instead of downloading while flashing onto device.

Anything that is added that is not required is more bloat.
This replaces the motherboard and other RGB bloat with simpler setting option. Its far from the bloat M$ themselves are adding to windows. Rather unlike the stupid move of killing hardware sound this should be cheered on my enthusiast community.