• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Expands Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 Lineup - for STR5 & SP6 Sockets

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
EK, the leading provider of premium liquid cooling solutions, is excited to announce the expanded compatibility of its esteemed EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 water blocks. These flagship cooling solutions, known for their high performance and quality, are now fully compatible with the latest AMD sTR5 and AMD SP6 CPU sockets. This advancement ensures that users of the new sTR5 and SP6 platforms can experience the same superior cooling and craftsmanship that EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 users have long come to trust.

The EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 series, including the Full Nickel, Nickel Acetal, and Nickel Plexi models, maintains its renowned design and efficiency while embracing the evolving landscape of CPU technology. Customers can continue to rely on these solutions for their cooling needs without any changes in product naming or design. Refer to the EK Compatibility Configurator and EK Custom Loop Configurator database for a detailed compatibility list.

EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 CPU Socket Compatibility Covers:
  • AMD Socket sTRX4 (Socket SP3r3)
  • AMD Socket TR4 (Socket SP3r2)
  • AMD Socket SP3
  • AMD Socket sTR5
  • AMD Socket SP6

EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4
The EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 series remains at the forefront of liquid cooling technology with Targeted Die Cooling (TDC). This innovative feature ensures focused and efficient heat dissipation directly on the CPU die, enhanced by a substantially enlarged cooling engine for optimal thermal transfer. Meticulously engineered for high performance and durability and constructed from premium materials for reliability, these blocks offer unparalleled aesthetics with a sleek design and customizable D-RGB lighting. With the option of different colored accents available separately, they provide both exceptional cooling and a visually striking appearance for high-performance PCs.

Availability and Pricing
The EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 Water Blocks and accents are made in Slovenia, EU, and are available for order through the EK Online Shop and Partner Reseller Network. In the table below, you can see the manufacturer-suggested retail price (MSRP), VAT included.

EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 - Nickel+ Acetal — 314.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 - Nickel+ Plexi — 329.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 - Full Nickel — 359.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 D-RGB — 34.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 Nickel — 34.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 Black — 34.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 Red — 34.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 Blue — 34.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 Purple — 34.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 Gold — 34.90€
EK-Quantum Magnitude Accent - sTRX4 Green — 34.90€

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
I like their pro stuff but just no to this RGB crap.
Then turn it off....problem solved.

I'd also love to have an EK rep to explain to me why these blocks are so much more expensive than the regular line even though the frame of these blocks does NOT look CNC'ed and looks like it was produced on a press brake from sheet metal

I use the all-nickel EKWB block on my Threadripper 3975WX processor. Never an issue, and I never hooked up the RGB either.
Extreamly clean block!

I use the all-nickel EKWB block on my Threadripper 3975WX processor. Never an issue, and I never hooked up the RGB either.
Extreamly clean block!
Glad EK finally got their threadripper blocks sorted out. When I bought my XSPC for my 1950x, you would do better blowing on the cpu than using the first gen EK threadripper block. I was really irritated when AMD never made a 5000 HEDT, but at least my waterblock is still going strong after 3 generations (1950, 3960, 7960).

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Then turn it off....problem solved.

I'd also love to have an EK rep to explain to me why these blocks are so much more expensive than the regular line even though the frame of these blocks does NOT look CNC'ed and looks like it was produced on a press brake from sheet metal
CPU costs more, block has to cost more. EK logic.

EK, are these blocks made of solid platinum? 315-350 Euros for CPU block is laughable. +35 for accent if you want one, nearly 400 Euros for CPU block! :kookoo:

I understand you can charge for niche applications like limited VGA blocks or custom case mods, but this is inexcusable.

Just to pick first on the shelves, 4677 Jet/Stream from Alphacool is 130-150 Euro (including the 10.50 price adapter for SP5 mounting plate).