• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! introduces Pure Wings 3 White fan series

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
be quiet!, the German manufacturer for premium PC components, announces a new color version for its mainstream fan series: Pure Wings 3 White. With a low minimum rpm and high top-end speed, Pure Wings 3 White is the perfect PC fan for any application, whether it is a demanding workstation or an entry level gaming build. Thanks to an optimized fan frame, it delivers outstanding performance on radiators while the newly designed fan blades and re-arranged angle result in extraordinary air pressure.

Compared to Pure Wings 3 in black, the new Pure Wings 3 White will omit the 3-pin models and therefore only come in four versions: 120 mm PWM, 120 mm PWM high-speed, 140 mm PWM, and 140 mm PWM high-speed. The color scheme of the fan sticker has been changed to grey-on-white to better suit the overall aesthetics. All Pure Wings 3 White high-speed models include an innovative closed loop motor to keep the rpm stable no matter the resistance. The result is a fan series that offers outstanding reliability and makes for a long-lasting companion for your gaming system.

Optimized for unprecedented air pressure and maximum airflow
The fan frame outlet of Pure Wings 3 White is newly designed to minimize air leaks. This benefits especially the radiator performance. To reach even higher performance, the fan blades are optimized as well: their angle is adjusted to achieve even more air pressure, resulting in an unprecedented performance in its class. But Pure Wings 3 White doesn't just perform well on radiators, it's also the perfect case fan: with optimizations for maximum airflow, Pure Wings 3 White is the right choice for any case configuration that demands high cooling performance and a great air circulation. The airflow-optimized fan blades not only reduce noise-generating turbulences but also ensure the performance that is needed, even in demanding configurations. True to the company name, Pure Wings 3 White fans are extremely silent thanks to a very low starting rpm and thanks to proven rifle bearing technology, these fans boast a lifespan of 80,000 hours.
High-speed version with closed loop motor for great cooling performance

The Pure Wings 3 White 120 mm PWM high-speed and Pure Wings 3 White 140 mm PWM high-speed are specifically designed for demanding configurations, increasing the maximum speed to 2100 rpm and 1600 rpm respectively while integrating no less than 9 airflow-optimized fan blades. This results in a remarkably high air pressure of up to 2.41 mm/H2O for the 120 mm version and 2.44 mm/H2O for the 140 mm version. And that's not all: the high-speed models also include a unique closed loop motor, comparable with a cruise control in cars. When working against resistance, fans usually spin slower as a result. The closed loop motor technology constantly monitors the current rpm and increases it to the target, if necessary. As a result, Pure Wings 3 White high-speed fans always operate at the desired speed, no matter the resistance.

Pure Wings 3 White is available in retail from February 13. For suggested retail pricing and main specifications, see the table below:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Maybe I'm just removed of it so much but I'm a bit surprised there's the R&D budget still for manufacture's to create equipment for desktops...Maybe it's still a thing but it seems like the industry is headed toward laptops/handhelds more so now than ever before. I know when I build my two desktop builds years ago, people were saying how desktop market was on the decline then...fast forward 5+ years and I think it's a shell of what it used to be.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Maybe I'm just removed of it so much but I'm a bit surprised there's the R&D budget still for manufacture's to create equipment for desktops...Maybe it's still a thing but it seems like the industry is headed toward laptops/handhelds more so now than ever before. I know when I build my two desktop builds years ago, people were saying how desktop market was on the decline then...fast forward 5+ years and I think it's a shell of what it used to be.
Talking heads have been predicting the demise of the desktop for 20yrs.

I'm really surprised that bequiet! chose to release new 3 series fans. Having just released the 4s, I didn't see this coming at all. The prices are more in line with what they sell the 2s for as well.

System Name RayneOSX
Processor Ryzen 9 5900x 185w
Motherboard Asus Strix x570-E
Cooling EKWB AIO 360 RGB (9 ekwb vardar RGB fans)
Memory Gskill Trident Z neo CL18 3600mhz 64GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Z Trio 10G LHR
Storage Wayy too many to list here
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 1440p 144hz 27 x2 / Samsung Odyssey CRG5 1080p 144hz 24
Case LianLi 011D white w/ Vertical GPU
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Ducky One 2 mini Cherry MX silent
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Win10 Pro / Ubuntu 20.04
Benchmark Scores Timespy 17 127 https://www.3dmark.com/spy/40770744 (old)
This looks promising, specially for the high speed 120mm fans

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Desktops are still a thing for workstations and power users, but yea, for other uses, they do seem to be losing some ground, to all the new mini-me boxes, which are rapidly becoming nearly as powerful as their bigger cousins, but NOT to lappies or handhelds, which are primarily focused on da gamr boi & road warrior crowds anyways....
They should really have rubber corners.
For sure, as well as W.H.I.T.E. mounting screws, to complete the aesthetic :)

System Name 2rd-hand Hand-me-down
Processor Ryzen R5-1600
Motherboard ASRock X370
Cooling Wraith Spire
Memory 2 x 8Gb G.Skill @ 2666Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 8Gb Radeon RX 580 (TPU-enhanced)
Storage 2 x 500 Gb Crucial MX500
Display(s) LG 19.5"
Case (early) DeepCool
Audio Device(s) Ubiquitous Realtek
Power Supply 650W FSP
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
VR HMD What?
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores [REDACTED]
Desktops are still a thing for workstations and power users, but yea, for other uses, they do seem to be losing some ground, to all the new mini-me boxes, which are rapidly becoming nearly as powerful as their bigger cousins, but NOT to lappies or handhelds, which are primarily focused on da gamr boi & road warrior crowds anyways....

For sure, as well as W.H.I.T.E. mounting screws, to complete the aesthetic :)
With regard to your comment about the color of the screws, I would also like to know if the cables and plugs are white, as well. Being as the cables aren't depicted in the marketing photos for *white* fans, I'm guessing they probably are not. I would think that would likely be an additional selling feature that Be Quiet would want to highlight, if they were.

However, it might be that these images may not even be actual photographs.