• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

flapjack

brandnamesocks said:
IS it enough to extract teh ubcd and burn it straight onto a disk or do i have to go through the whole pebuilder route?
thanks

You should just be able to burn the ISO using Nero or whatever you use for burning.

Jetfire

ASUS X800PRo to XT-PE problem

Hope someone can help me here...

I have ans Asus A8V MB with an Athlon X2 4200+ and an AsusAx800Pro VIVO card.

I ran the ATI tool to test the card at XT PE speeds and all went well, so I boot with a floppy, flash the Asus XT-PE BIOS from the collection.

All goes well using -f to force the flash. reboot the computer and nothing

I put a PCI graphic card in and set the primary graphic in the BIOS to PCI and still nothing... I made a backup of my BIOS but how can I flash it back?

I heard the term Blind flashing but what does that mean? The system won't even post if the AGP card is in...

Suggestions?

brandnamesocks

flapjack said:
You should just be able to burn the ISO using Nero or whatever you use for burning.

Thanks for all your help...I finally got the boot cd burned, but now when i choose the bios or a couple other programs in the menus, dos loads for a bit then hangs and says "...sectors 0, assuming 63"? I've waited a bit and nothing seems to happen after that.
Is there another boot program that you can point me too or will any version of dos be enough?
thanks again!

flapjack

farns said:
Success...Used XT PE AGP bios and forced using modded flashrom.
No laser cut on board, reached 540/590 x 16 pipes but card ran very hot.
Fixed with Arctic Cooling ATI 5 fan...

Max temp 63C....
Idle 43C....

What brand? BBA? If so, what is the first 6 digits of the serial number. Mine is 180529.....

flapjack

brandnamesocks said:
Thanks for all your help...I finally got the boot cd burned, but now when i choose the bios or a couple other programs in the menus, dos loads for a bit then hangs and says "...sectors 0, assuming 63"? I've waited a bit and nothing seems to happen after that.
Is there another boot program that you can point me too or will any version of dos be enough?
thanks again!

Hmmm, that's weird. The only problem I've had with the UBCD, is once in a while after using it, I'll reboot and get a "no keyboard found" error. I just reboot again and it goes away.

There are other bootable discs out there, but I haven't had much luck with them.

Can anyone else suggest a boot CD?

bobyjo

System Name My Stuff
Processor A64 X2-4400
Motherboard DFI LP NF4 Sli-D
Cooling CNPS9500CuLed
Memory OCZ 2x1gb Platinum
Video Card(s) VisionTek HD3850 512
Storage WD 500gb SATA3
Display(s) Samsung 22" LCD
Case Tsami Dream
Audio Device(s) Onboard w/Logitech 5.1's
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream700 Watt
Software XP Pro SP2
flapjack said:
Hmmm, that's weird. The only problem I've had with the UBCD, is once in a while after using it, I'll reboot and get a "no keyboard found" error. I just reboot again and it goes away.

There are other bootable discs out there, but I haven't had much luck with them.

Can anyone else suggest a boot CD?

I have never ran across a CD-DVD burning program that would "NOT" make a bootable
CD-DVD.
Just go into the Easy Media Creator, or whatever you use. Go to burn a disk and select make CD-DVD bootable.
This way you will make your own.
You will have to copy all the files you need to flash whatever to the CD-DVD after making it bootable.

dotagious

I purchased my x800 pro agp a few weeks ago. I read this thread (among others) and thought it would be possible to unlock the pipes. It can not be done with this card unless you come across one manufactured earlier. ATI must be finally catching on. I now wish to have purchased the x800 XT, which is the same price (or cheaper), has 16 pipes, and can be overclocked to x850 Pro levels. In fact, every benchmark I've seen indicates the x800 XT blows this card out of the water. I should have done more research.

Hicks-MofG

? 12 pipes

I have an Power Color X850Pro (VIVO)

I have flashed the x850tx pe Bios using the flashrom moded and with atiflash i have also flashed empty befor putting the pe bios on.

But i still cant unlock the extra 4 pipelines ive reinstalled the drivers and still nothing I know the flash is working though because i have the higer clock speeds.

However when the card is recognized it just says X850 series. Any reccomendations.

on my last flash i emptyed and

flashrom -f -newbios -p 0 XTPE256.bin

is this command right.

i have also tryed it with just the -f and just the -newbios

Sh0K

Hicks-MofG said:
I have an Power Color X850Pro (VIVO)

I have flashed the x850tx pe Bios using the flashrom moded and with atiflash i have also flashed empty befor putting the pe bios on.

But i still cant unlock the extra 4 pipelines ive reinstalled the drivers and still nothing I know the flash is working though because i have the higer clock speeds.

However when the card is recognized it just says X850 series. Any reccomendations.

on my last flash i emptyed and

flashrom -f -newbios -p 0 XTPE256.bin

is this command right.

i have also tryed it with just the -f and just the -newbios

Try without -newbios. Check with flashrom -i or atiflash -i to see if your bios is locked.
You have to see under the option Lock, it should say Yes if its locked, if your bios isn't locked try to flash with flashrom -f -p 0 X850XT.bin or atiflash -f -p 0 X850XT.bin.
Your card is AGP or PCI Express?

Sorry for my english

NoObStIcK

hay guys, well, today I just flash my GeCube x800pro vivo agp card to XTPE, after I install the driver and ATITool, I run the 'Scan Artifacts' to check in ATITool to check if there is any artifacts, and then I saw this vertical Green dots band (3 bands, ATITool say no error), these artifacts show up in 3DMark 2k3 as well.

I didn't give up so I flash it to a 16 pipeline Prov bios, samething happens..><

I am just wondering does this mean I got defactive pipeline? Now I am back to 12p and everything is fine~ I hope somehow I can flash it to XTPE without the artifacts ><

I attach a screenshot of the Artifact~

Attachments

• Artifact.JPG
    Artifact.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 765

Hicks-MofG

Sh0K said:
Try without -newbios. Check with flashrom -i or atiflash -i to see if your bios is locked.
You have to see under the option Lock, it should say Yes if its locked, if your bios isn't locked try to flash with flashrom -f -p 0 X850XT.bin or atiflash -f -p 0 X850XT.bin.
Your card is AGP or PCI Express?

Sorry for my english

Yea my bios are locked is there any way arround this. Even a hardware mod, i can solder but i would guess that its programmed in right?

Sh0K

NoObStIcK said:
hay guys, well, today I just flash my GeCube x800pro vivo agp card to XTPE, after I install the driver and ATITool, I run the 'Scan Artifacts' to check in ATITool to check if there is any artifacts, and then I saw this vertical Green dots band (3 bands, ATITool say no error), these artifacts show up in 3DMark 2k3 as well.

I didn't give up so I flash it to a 16 pipeline Prov bios, samething happens..><

I am just wondering does this mean I got defactive pipeline? Now I am back to 12p and everything is fine~ I hope somehow I can flash it to XTPE without the artifacts ><

I attach a screenshot of the Artifact~

Before you proceed to flash your original bios try to downclock your card with default core and memory (475 core 1000 ram), it seems that your card isn't lucky :(
Can you say us what is written on the ram of your graphic card? You should remove the stock cooling....

Hicks-MofG said:
Yea my bios are locked is there any way arround this. Even a hardware mod, i can solder but i would guess that its programmed in right?

Try to flash with:
atiflash -p 0 x850xt.bin -f -sst

Before you proceed change the core and ram clock with rabit with your default values, or try to clock your original card with the frequency of x850xt and x850xt pe.

NoObStIcK

hay, i am sure my ram is 1.6ns, cos i checked them before, i guess i got a unlucky card, i might try to flash it some other time, but for now, ill just leave it like it is :(

Processor Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard EVGA Z77 FTW
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight
Memory 2x4GB crucial Ballistix PC3-16000
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX670 FTW
Storage Agility4 120G+Velociraptor 300G+RE2 250G+Green 1T
Display(s) 24" 3d samsumg led
Case Lian-Li PC-A71F
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX630W
Hi, first post on techpowerup :D

I've got a Connect3D X850Pro AGP, I've tried to do the softmod with no go (I had not much hope since the fuse strings on atitool didn't have the right "F"s on it)

A few days ago I've put a Zalman VF700-Cu and took a closer look to find confirm the existence of a lasercut on the gpu and there it was.

Now, anyone tried to do an hardmod on it using a pencil?

Last edited:

harlekin

hmmm strange things going on ;)
i have a sapphire x850 pro vivo (you guess right... with the false fuses...)
but i tried my luck by softmodding...
i took x850xt sapphire bios (from collection) flashed it... restarted
and what happened... i got 16 pipelines in everest... (im damned for taking no screen... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: )
then i installed the new catalyst... restarted...
12 pipes... :mad: :mad: :mad:
then i tried the other biosses... nothin happened alwys the same fuckin shit ... 12 pipes...

now... can anybody explain... why i got 16 pipes first... with the bad fuses... ?!?!
i cant explain it to me... and im trying to get them again.. but... i dont...
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

greetz harle

KingsHead

Hi All, I have successfully soft-modded 2 Asus AX800Pro Vivo with the X800 16p BIOS. At least ATI Tray tools shows the 16 pipes lol. I tested both cards @ the 520vpu/560mem clocks and both run well, if warm @ 71C.

Would I see any benefit flashing to the X800XT PE BIOS instead of the X800Pro with the 16 pipes enabled ?

Would the ATI X800XT PE Bios be better/same/worse than the Asus X800XT PE BIOS ?

Thanks for any/all replies

Sh0K

KingsHead said:
Hi All, I have successfully soft-modded 2 Asus AX800Pro Vivo with the X800 16p BIOS. At least ATI Tray tools shows the 16 pipes lol. I tested both cards @ the 520vpu/560mem clocks and both run well, if warm @ 71C.

Would I see any benefit flashing to the X800XT PE BIOS instead of the X800Pro with the 16 pipes enabled ?

Would the ATI X800XT PE Bios be better/same/worse than the Asus X800XT PE BIOS ?

Thanks for any/all replies
I think that you have to flash a modified bios of Asus X800XT PE, change the clock of this bios with rabit and set the clock of your original card (it's useless have a video card always overclocked, IMHO)

BIOHazard87

System Name Leetness
Processor Intel Q6600 @ 3ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
Cooling Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
Memory G.Skill 2x1GB 800 HZ
Video Card(s) eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 512mb
Storage 2x Hitachi Deskstar 160gb in RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 204BW 20"
Case Thermaltake Tsunami
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600w
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
arent there commands that u need to know in able to flash the card?

gorber

Anybody have any idea what bios to use for unlocking extra pipes on the POWERCOLOR X800 VE AIW (AGP) 256 MB ?. I have shorted the lazercuts but am wondering what is the best BIOS to use...

thanks! /Gorber

Processor Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard EVGA Z77 FTW
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight
Memory 2x4GB crucial Ballistix PC3-16000
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX670 FTW
Storage Agility4 120G+Velociraptor 300G+RE2 250G+Green 1T
Display(s) 24" 3d samsumg led
Case Lian-Li PC-A71F
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX630W
let me know if it worked ok and post some info for us on the lasercut mod

Safezone

so is it correct still that ATI x800 PCI-E cards (ViVo or non-ViVo) can NOT be modified this way to unlock the 16 pipes?

so ONLY AGP cards can use this method, and the PCI-E cards must be modified with pencil or some other such hard-modification?

just verifying if there was any updates on this

Thanks

BIOHazard87

System Name Leetness
Processor Intel Q6600 @ 3ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
Cooling Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
Memory G.Skill 2x1GB 800 HZ
Video Card(s) eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 512mb
Storage 2x Hitachi Deskstar 160gb in RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 204BW 20"
Case Thermaltake Tsunami
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600w
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Safezone said:
so is it correct still that ATI x800 PCI-E cards (ViVo or non-ViVo) can NOT be modified this way to unlock the 16 pipes?

so ONLY AGP cards can use this method, and the PCI-E cards must be modified with pencil or some other such hard-modification?

just verifying if there was any updates on this

Thanks

VIVO ONLY pci-e x800/850's can unlock with a bios flash using the modded flashrom

Bloodwolf808

Help please!!

I loaded ati flash with a bootable floppy, and I tried 2 different flashes. x850 XT/x850 XT PE.
Tried "atiflash -p 0 (biosname).bin" and i get this message.

Old SSID:0002
New SSID:0B12
SSID mismatched

ERROR 0FL01: Press "1" to continue.

Please help me thanks in advanced.