• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sweden to Press Charges Against Five Pirate Bay Founders

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
argh m8ties, thar been lots of fishies in the bay l8tly, way down the anchor an deploy ye fishnets!

Processor Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-Premium/Black Pearl
Cooling Luna Block, 240mm rad
Memory Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Saphire 5850 1GB
Storage 60GB SSD + 2x500GB/1TB/2TB
Display(s) Samsung 226BW and 50" Panasonic S2
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Audio Device(s) X-fi Prelude
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy Dxx 850watt
Software Windows7 32Bit
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1M 14.333
You can find perfectly legal torrents on the Pirate Bay. Torrents of demos or content that the authors of have made freely available to the public. So it's not only doing illegal activities.

yeah thats what they use as thier excuse, but if you want a demo you can get it from EA elc. I did say mainly :p

Im not really against music piracy, for record labels/artists need to stop putting out cd's full of fillers. I remember cds that had alot of good tracks in them... pretty hard to find in newer releases.. but there are still "some" newer releases that I actually enjoy most of the album.

Actually, where I am now on a wireless net in a house with several other people I prefer torrents. I can get faster speeds on them than direct from servers and if the connection ever drops on a huge download I don't have to start it all over again. So I like when demos come out as torrents and since Torrentspy doesn't allow US users and sometimes I'm too lazy to use a proxy I go to TPB.

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
i wonder where the pirate bay will move to if they get kicked out of sweden? sealand ftw!!! :rockout:

Processor Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-Premium/Black Pearl
Cooling Luna Block, 240mm rad
Memory Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Saphire 5850 1GB
Storage 60GB SSD + 2x500GB/1TB/2TB
Display(s) Samsung 226BW and 50" Panasonic S2
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Audio Device(s) X-fi Prelude
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy Dxx 850watt
Software Windows7 32Bit
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1M 14.333
I can get faster speeds on them than direct from servers and if the connection ever drops on a huge download I don't have to start it all over again.

ah your right in that case, lucky for me Im not wireless in my room.

sputnio

again he said it was just a search engine, they dont hold any of the copyrighted material so they should be fine....correct? i mean you could use google as a search engine to get copy righted material!

oh well, private torrent sites ftw:toast::rockout:

Woah Mama!

Processor AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Toledo (2.0ghz for now) (Looking for Opty)
Motherboard DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700 NT + 6 120mm Zalman ZM-F3GL case fans through Zalman ZM-MFC1
Memory 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 + 2 GB for spare (Or Vista)!
Video Card(s) PNY 8800GTS 320MB
Storage 2x Western Digital 320GB 16MB Cache SATAII Raid 0
Display(s) 17" Philips 107S6E CRT (226BW early `08)
Case CoolerMaster Centurion 534 with upcoming modifications
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster Audigy
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 550W (Soon to be ToughPower 750W)
Software Windows XP SP2
we all know it's illegal to share copyrighted files.

I've always thought it as illegal to share copyrighted files for a profit. I could go borrow my mates version of Bioshock and install it to my computer, I didn't buy it so technically that would mean I would be breaking copyright and he would be supplying me a means to do so.

All of this BS about torrents and etc being a copyright infringement should be dropped in my opinion. Anyone who pursues it is wasting time and wasting money. Like that ass hat lawyer who keeps trying to get Rockstar shut down for making the GTA series. Can he not deal with a game that gives you the choice to either behave and earn your money as a pizza boy on a scooter or to get a minigun and go on a mass rampage? And those people who had a cry about the hot coffee 'sex' stuff are just stupid! Are they all virgins who are scared to reproduce? This is all censorship, yet we are apparently given free-will in our decisions. If you choose to download a movie or a game as a torrent to watch/play it for yourself and not redistribute it for profit, how is that a huge crime?

I think that anyone who pays tax, should receive an annual token to download 1 terabyte of software for their own personal use. :wtf:

Processor Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz LGA 1150 84W
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H87-D3H LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI
Cooling CPU - Cooler Master Hyper T4 / Case - cooler master 120mm rear case fan (Air cooling)
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) GTX1060 6GB
Storage Samsung 512 GB 840 PRO SSD Main Drive and Samsung 512 GB 840 EVO SSD Backup Drive
Display(s) ASUS 23" LED Monitor
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 (silver & black)
Audio Device(s) (onboard audio) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply CORSAIR SU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Software Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit Edition
or like locking up someone because he said you can get some weed from so and so are they magically guilty of a crime because they somehow enabled you to commit a crime

well yes :eek: it is a crime because you "aided in the commission or a crime" which was the criminal act of the seller selling an illegal substance AND you were an "accessary before the fact" to the person buying the weed because uyou knew in advance he was about to commit a crime and did not attempt report it.

ps - im not a lawyer i just had a friend basically do just what you mentioned and went to jail. lucky for him they dropped the charges after the dealer rated out all his friends so they had all the other convictions to be happy about.