• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE 3D Mercury

3D Mercury is the name of GIGABYTE's first ever case with an integrated water cooling system. The case is aimed at first time water cooling buyers and is extremely easy to setup and maintain. Is this case worth the money or is it just another overpriced attempt to fuse a water cooling system and a chassis?

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff

Noisy pump

I've just set up my 3DMercury case, and everything is silent EXCEPT THE PUMP.

Very noisy, very irritating. I can wind the fan speed dial to about 50 % before it starts to make a dent in the pump noise, and not until 80% does it start to hide the pump noise.

Is mine just a dud?

What are other peoples impression of the pump noise on this case???

intel igent

System Name old school / new school
Processor 3.0e C0 @ 3.6 / e5200
Motherboard p4p800e-dlx / p5q-DLX
Cooling custom water see sig / air
Memory 2x1g oczPC4000EbPl / 2x2g ocz2rpr1066
Video Card(s) 3850AGP / 4890vaporX
Storage 36g raptor+120g wd / wd 1001fals 1tb
Display(s) BenQ / sharpAQUOS LC-37D64U
Case modded antec plusview / generic
Audio Device(s) audigy 2zs / ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
Power Supply fan/cable modded powerstream 520 / OCZ 700mxsp
Software Xp pro SP2 / VISTA ultimate OEM
nice review fredrick but this product is a WASTE of money and does not perform as you would expect.

idling at ambient or near ambient?!?!? ROFLMAO definately NOT.

what did you use to measure temps? was the enviroment controlled when testing? too many variables that make your testing/review temps unreliable

not starting a war. just tryin to save some1 some hard earned cash.

this is good for the person that has lots of money and is NOT concerned about performance, just wants an easy quick solution to W/C. for that person it will be wonderfull.

:toast:

The ambient temperature was 20 degrees C at all times. The pump in my system only makes some resonant noise and is almost inaudible even with the fans near "Silent". All of the temperature readings were recorded with CoreTemp 0.95 as stated in the review or with RivaTuner for the GFX.

wizzywig

you might wanna check this out
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/WebPage/thermal_file/3dmercury_flash.swf

Also as fredrick stated in the install guide you MUST remove all AIR from the system else your get massive amounts of vibrations (Noise) but if you do the tip and flush trick to get the air out its close to silent also a bit of silicone spunge helps get rid of that last bit of vibration fot a preinstalled W/C system this is the easy install have done for a client in ages SO SO SO much space. But i cant get the temp to drop under 26c even when on max and he only have a (P4 3.6HT) but on that note before i changed his case to this the CPU emp was at 36-45

hope this helps

Last edited: