• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best Buy to Start Selling Dell Products

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Dell today announced that it will sell a variety of award-winning XPS and Inspiron notebook and desktop computers, including the new XPS One through more than 900 Best Buy locations in the U.S. in the next few weeks.

Offering XPS and Inspiron notebooks and desktops to Best Buy customers illustrates how Dell is applying advantages of its direct business model in retail. Buying systems direct from Dell or in retail stores mean that customers can purchase what they need when and where they want.

"Seeing the latest fashion colors of our Inspiron and XPS notebooks or previewing the ultimate gaming experience on a high-performance system can be an important part of how people shop," said Michael Tatelman, vice president of sales and marketing for Dell's global consumer business. "In the next few weeks, people looking to upgrade to a Dell notebook or desktop in the U.S. can visit their local Best Buy to check out and purchase our award-winning line of products."

"Dell is clearly one of the most popular and successful PC companies and their addition to our retail and online selection gives Best Buy customers unprecedented choice when buying a computer," said Dave Morrish, senior vice president for Best Buy's mobility business unit.

Product Availability
Best Buy will stock a variety of notebooks, including the award-winning Dell XPS M1330 in white, the Inspiron 1521 in blue and black, and the Inspiron 1420 in black. Additionally, the award-winning Dell XPS One desktop will be available. Other desktops to be sold in Best Buy include the Dell Inspiron 530, 531, and 531s. Additional models and colors will be available in coming months.

With this agreement, Dell products will be available in nearly 10,000 stores around the globe. By providing new products and services, and multiple ways to connect with Dell - by clicking, calling and visiting - Dell expects to connect with new customers and increase sales in all regions.

Dell recently announced relationships with Carrefour in Europe, Staples in the U.S., Courts in Singapore, Gome in China, Bic Camera Inc. in Japan, Carphone Warehouse in the U.K. and Wal-Mart in the U.S., Canada, Brazil and Mexico.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

hacker111

May I ask why...How does it benefit Dell other than maybe more sales but it benefits best buy more right...?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
nice....give americans the discount goods & charge us europeans full price including V.A.T (w*nkers.....)

why do so many manufacturers decide to shaft europeans when we work just as hard but get payed less due to all the stupid taxs that are imposed on us?

If anything at all harware/software should be cheaper but no we seem to enjoy getting ripped off another 20-40% more then non-euro's

one of the many things that arent right that needs to be changed

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
i work at best buy and since we didn't sell dell we could always bash them, now we can't :cry:

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
Processor Intel i7-5930k
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X99
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 4x8GB HyperX FURY DDR4-2666 15-17-17-15
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
Storage 1x Plextor PX-512M6S SSD, 1x WD 750gb HDD, 2x Hitachi 2TB HDD, 1x Seagate 4TB HDD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2314H
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure Color White
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB - Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
When I worked at Best Buy in the PCHO dept. I would always tell the employees to NOT bash Dell incase something like this ever happened. Its bad business to bash competitors...

nice....give americans the discount goods & charge us europeans full price including V.A.T (w*nkers.....)

why do so many manufacturers decide to shaft europeans when we work just as hard but get payed less due to all the stupid taxs that are imposed on us?

If anything at all harware/software should be cheaper but no we seem to enjoy getting ripped off another 20-40% more then non-euro's

one of the many things that arent right that needs to be changed

Not out fault you get taxed into oblivion, blame the government not the manufacture.

PARTYSTL

Dell = Poop

:roll:

Oh great, another crap company getting into the retail stores.

Before Dell trys to expand or stop the decline in profit share that they are currently facing, they should try fixing there enternal problems such as customer service and quality of products before trying to grow and sell more of there crap to customers who will fall subject to there fancy products all to get it home and find out they cant get any help or when they do get help they can understand the person talking to them.!

Just remember why HP (Hewllet-Packard) is #1 in this industry and has somewhere close to 40% of this market share.....Quality and #1 customer service!

GO HP!!

System Name My Current Desktop
Processor i9 12900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6400 F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 FE
Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2716DGR 27" TN 1440p
Case Fractal Design Torrent White
Audio Device(s) Schiit Bifrost2
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Keychron Q6 (brown)
Software Win 11 Pro
i work at best buy and since we didn't sell dell we could always bash them, now we can't :cry:

i still can i work at circuit city. ....as shameful as that is. but, money is money when your in college.

:roll:

Oh great, another crap company getting into the retail stores.

Before Dell trys to expand or stop the decline in profit share that they are currently facing, they should try fixing there enternal problems such as customer service and quality of products before trying to grow and sell more of there crap to customers who will fall subject to there fancy products all to get it home and find out they cant get any help or when they do get help they can understand the person talking to them.!

Just remember why HP (Hewllet-Packard) is #1 in this industry and has somewhere close to 40% of this market share.....Quality and #1 customer service!

GO HP!!

i just wish they would stop out sourcing their customer service to India. cant understand those people for shit, i'm sick of customers telling me that.

i'm just glad i don't work at best buy anymore so i don't have to hear people with their broken dells, plopping in on the counter saying, "it don't work, but we bought it here." :laugh: