• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3 Sales 'Tank'

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
I played UT3 on a neighbour's rig. gameplay wise nm difference. Just some neat SM3 graphics.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Not really. An older and properly tweaked machine can run Crysis easy. All this Crysis hardware talk is just self-ego-stroking by people who just dropped $3000-$4000 or more on a brand new ultra l33t supa-dupa system just to play games like Crysis, yet they see people with $300 boxes doing that just fine. At least that's the case here on TPU forums. There are maybe two or three threads I can recall where someone with a really, REALLY, old and inadequate system was complaining about Crysis. Myself I don't play Crysis because it's pretty much Far Cry 2.0. It's graphics are hyped and overrated, much like it was the case with Far Cry. Also, who needs another FPS? Right now, bulk of games released are either FPS or generic fantasy MMORPGs. Somebody change the tune already.
Yes, these older systems can play Crysis, but not the way it was intended to be played. The graphics quality must be turned down

Hell, I haven't bought Crysis because of my hardware. If I can't play a game at completely maxed settings (except AA, I'm ok with 2x AA), I don't bother. Oh well, maybe next year.

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
Yes, these older systems can play Crysis, but not the way it was intended to be played. The graphics quality must be turned down

Hell, I haven't bought Crysis because of my hardware. If I can't play a game at completely maxed settings (except AA, I'm ok with 2x AA), I don't bother. Oh well, maybe next year.

So he was right. Since you can't play it maxed out, you don't play it at all. No matter that the game on medium/high settings looks better than most of other "next gen" games right? As he said ego...

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
So he was right. Since you can't play it maxed out, you don't play it at all. No matter that the game on medium/high settings looks better than most of other "next gen" games right? As he said ego...
Not ego. I just don't feel I'd be getting what I paid for, if I don't play it maxed out. I'm in the habit of constantly upgrading something, so when the card releases that lets me see Crysis at it's full potential, I'll buy and play the game. I'd feel ripped off playing it at medium settings. It may look absolutely wonderful on medium, but I would know it could look even better.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
If you're selling your 2900, keep me in the know:D

C'mon Wile E, we can't have just everything at our disposal, can we? we have to make do with whatever we have. Would you play UT 3 if I told you that you'd need to buy a $120 PhysX card to experience a tornado and other physics? and attain 'best experience'?? Go to see your 2900 XT would make minced meat out of UT3 and that's a ferocious card. The difference is negligible. If I can get MSAA 4X that's more than enough for my 19" display which obviously isn't the best. End of the day I get the same thrills, chills, excitement that a video-game is supposed to give me, end of the day I'm entertained. and my video-card is worse than yours.:eek:

:toast:

Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
If you're selling your 2900, keep me in the know:D

C'mon Wile E, we can't have just everything at our disposal, can we? we have to make do with whatever we have. Would you play UT 3 if I told you that you'd need to buy a $120 PhysX card to experience a tornado and other physics? and attain 'best experience'?? Go to see your 2900 XT would make minced meat out of UT3 and that's a ferocious card. The difference is negligible. If I can get MSAA 4X that's more than enough for my 19" display which obviously isn't the best. End of the day I get the same thrills, chills, excitement that a video-game is supposed to give me, end of the day I'm entertained. and my video-card is worse than yours.:eek:

:toast:
I wasn't very specific as to what I meant by max settings. I'm happy with just 2xAA 16XAF. I'll also sacrifice some physics, as long as I can turn all the rest of the graphical detail all the way up, including all textures, shadows and HDR features. I do have both GRAW and GRAW2 (Tho I wouldn't mind trying out a PhysX card on them.)

The only reason I won't buy UT3 is because I prefer single player shooters. I'm not big on online play. I prefer Unreal over UT.

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
Not ego. I just don't feel I'd be getting what I paid for, if I don't play it maxed out. I'm in the habit of constantly upgrading something, so when the card releases that lets me see Crysis at it's full potential, I'll buy and play the game. I'd feel ripped off playing it at medium settings. It may look absolutely wonderful on medium, but I would know it could look even better.

But my friend, that's exactly ego that's driving your acts. Crysis is giving us a lot more than any other game. So your claim would be true if they were selling the game for $70. But for $50 at medium settings they are offering exactly the same as any other AAA title out there, just that they offer a lot more for when we have the hardware to run it. That is you wanting more for less, as if they owed you something, and that's ego asking for more than what you deserve. I am not saying this only because of you, but because of how the gamer community has reacted about this game. IMO there's a big diference between stating that Crysis needs a really powerful PC to run it at max (true), and complain about this game being a crap because it can't run at ubersettings on latest hardware, which BTW it's one year old already.

I wasn't very specific as to what I meant by max settings. I'm happy with just 2xAA 16XAF. I'll also sacrifice some physics, as long as I can turn all the rest of the graphical detail all the way up, including all textures, shadows and HDR features.

I can't believe that you can't play it at High with your rig, since with my much less powerfull PC I can play it on medium with textures, object detail, shaders and water on high. Of course without AA, but the ego is really dominating you if you have to play with AA on. At your resolution AA is desirable, but nothing more. And it's really difficult to notice any difference between 8x and 16x AF, but the performance can drop critically. I haven't tried how much of a performance impact has on Crysis though, but I do have tried the impact on the appearance, negligible. A setting that has a great impact is shadow detail, Crysis shadows at medium are as good as COD4, UT3, GOW or Bioshock at highest, so if those are good enough, why isn't it on Crysis? The impact on performance is enormous, same with postprocessing effects, physiscs and pretty much every other setting really. As long as you keep textures and shaders on high, Crysis looks better compared to other titles. Of course those higher settings are what make Crysis stand over the other games in graphics, but as I said there's a big difference between not maxing t out and not having the better visuals. If Crysis on medium with shaders on high is not enough for you (not just you, anyone), neither is COD4 or any other game out there. If you need to max it out, just for the sake to max it out, that's ego.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Not really. An older and properly tweaked machine can run Crysis easy. All this Crysis hardware talk is just self-ego-stroking by people who just dropped $3000-$4000 or more on a brand new ultra l33t supa-dupa system just to play games like Crysis, yet they see people with $300 boxes doing that just fine. At least that's the case here on TPU forums. There are maybe two or three threads I can recall where someone with a really, REALLY, old and inadequate system was complaining about Crysis. Myself I don't play Crysis because it's pretty much Far Cry 2.0. It's graphics are hyped and overrated, much like it was the case with Far Cry. Also, who needs another FPS? Right now, bulk of games released are either FPS or generic fantasy MMORPGs. Somebody change the tune already.

i tihnk my rig represents exactly what was just said here ;) came out to about $300 yet its playing the game just fine :D

only complaint i have is it freezes with several AI on screen but thats fixable with either the 3400+ sitting on my desk or 2GB of ram...

D.F.

I guess there's always some ego (or something like that), but, at least for my part, it's more about respect for the years of work of lots of people, and making justice to that work. It's like movies, I can see a light romantic drama on my 14 inch Tv but I deffinitly won't be seeing Transformers on it for the first time, maybe the second time I could. But how would I be making justice to it's years of work and special effects on a 14 inch tv? It's the same with crysis, you make no justice to it playing it with a 3 year old rig. I guess though you have to differentiate game lovers against those who look for mere entretainment. Myself, as a director of some independent shorts, I care for people to see my work the way it's supposed to be seen and not with low volume, small tv, bad colors, etc. I know how important it is, so I do the same the other way around.
Even though there's money and entretainment all over this medium, there are lots of good artists behind who do it not only for money but because they were inspired to do something and did it with love, and that is something to be respected.

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I guess there's always some ego (or something like that), but, at least for my part, it's more about respect for the years of work of lots of people, and making justice to that work. It's like movies, I can see a light romantic drama on my 14 inch Tv but I deffinitly won't be seeing Transformers on it for the first time, maybe the second time I could. But how would I be making justice to it's years of work and special effects on a 14 inch tv? It's the same with crysis, you make no justice to it playing it with a 3 year old rig. I guess though you have to differentiate game lovers against those who look for mere entretainment. Myself, as a director of some independent shorts, I care for people to see my work the way it's supposed to be seen and not with low volume, small tv, bad colors, etc. I know how important it is, so I do the same the other way around.
Even though there's money and entretainment all over this medium, there are lots of good artists behind who do it not only for money but because they were inspired to do something and did it with love, and that is something to be respected.

so me not being able to afford a new rig means i shouldnt be able to play any of the new games?

D.F.

so me not being able to afford a new rig means i shouldnt be able to play any of the new games?

Is up to you. Personally, I prefer to wait and play other great, somewhat older games that I can play in the meanwhile at their full settings. It's not about being that demanding either... If the game runs fine at high settings but not at maximum then I guess it's ok for me. But when it comes to medium-low, then I'd wait.

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP

It's completely the other way. They have put a lot of effort to make the game look great on slower machines too and by no buying the game now, just because you can't run it at max, and not any other reason, is somehow despreciative. They worked a lot on the project and by no buying the game, you are not giving them the recognition they deserve. If the sales of the game don't end up better they won't get involved in a game like this again, and not only them but all developers would see that innovating doesn't pay off. I feel a bit sad and dissapointed by the PC gamer community in regards to this. And it's not that they are not offering good quality graphics on current hardware, because they do and better than most others, it's because the people wants more for the same. It's not because they don't offer superb graphics on today's hardware, just like COD4 or UT3, it's because the yet better than that level of quality, despite being there, is not available to the majority of people yet. I sometimes feel that if Crysis would have launched with the same graphics level as COD4 or Bioshock, if a mixture of current Medium/High settings (as the one I wrote before), was the maximum possible, no one would have said anything and would have just enjoyed the game and the graphics. Crytek said long ago and many times that the game would be scalable, both with 2 year old hardware counting from the launch day and hardware that wouldn't be still launched, so that when new hardware came in you could benefit from a new level of realism. It's not as if they tried to fool anyone, they have delivered exactly that. But I guess it's part of human being to want more than what one deserves.
In the end, following your example:
I agree with you in that a film like Transformers should be seen in the best media possible. And the same applies to Crysis. If I did a short film, I would like pleople to see it on the best media possible, but if I had put many efforts in that short beyond how it looks, so that those with 14" screens can enloy it too, I would like that people to:
a- See it on the screen they already have and enjoy it, because I think that on that media my short film is at least as good as any other one.
b- If they think it would look better on a bigger TV, hope they buy a new one and see it as I wanted it to be seen.

But I wouldn't want those people not to see it, and not only that, but I wouldn't want them to blame me and downplay my short just because it doesn't look as good as it does on bigger screens...

End of rant.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
^ This is the level at which people think in the TPU forums. Certainly the standards are raised.

D.F.

It's completely the other way. They have put a lot of effort to make the game look great on slower machines too and by no buying the game now, just because you can't run it at max, and not any other reason, is somehow despreciative. They worked a lot on the project and by no buying the game, you are not giving them the recognition they deserve. If the sales of the game don't end up better they won't get involved in a game like this again, and not only them but all developers would see that innovating doesn't pay off. I feel a bit sad and dissapointed by the PC gamer community in regards to this. And it's not that they are not offering good quality graphics on current hardware, because they do and better than most others, it's because the people wants more for the same. It's not because they don't offer superb graphics on today's hardware, just like COD4 or UT3, it's because the yet better than that level of quality, despite being there, is not available to the majority of people yet. I sometimes feel that if Crysis would have launched with the same graphics level as COD4 or Bioshock, if a mixture of current Medium/High settings (as the one I wrote before), was the maximum possible, no one would have said anything and would have just enjoyed the game and the graphics. Crytek said long ago and many times that the game would be scalable, both with 2 year old hardware counting from the launch day and hardware that wouldn't be still launched, so that when new hardware came in you could benefit from a new level of realism. It's not as if they tried to fool anyone, they have delivered exactly that. But I guess it's part of human being to want more than what one deserves.
I agree with you in that a film like Transformers should be seen in the best media possible. And the same applies to Crysis. If I did a short film, I would like pleople to see it on the best media possible, but if I had put many efforts in that short beyond how it looks, so that those with 14" screens can enloy it too, I would like that people to:
a- See it on the screen they already have and enjoy it, because I think that on that media my short film is at least as good as any other one.
b- If they think it would look better on a bigger TV, hope they buy a new one and see it as I wanted it to be seen.

But I wouldn't want those people not to see it, and not only that, but I wouldn't want them to blame me and downplay my short just because it doesn't look as good as it does on bigger screens...

End of rant.

I never said anything about not buying it or not playing it. I said I'd wait. Their efforts will be paid off eventually. You say I'm not giving them the recognition they deserve, but I will, cause I will buy the game, just not now. Who knows, maybe the guys at crytek foresaw this was gonna happen in the first months, and they know sales are gonna boost as people buy their new riggs. Or maybe the game isn't selling well for some other reason. Whatever the reason, I still wan't the most of the game, and I'm free to wait. If the guys at crytek did such an effort in making the game scalable, then that's good, it works for lots of people, that's why they did it, but not for other people like me. Wanting to play the game maxed out (or nearly) is a personal choice which has no reason not to be respected.

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Don't be hating each other, it's just a game...

I'm getting Crysis as soon as I have more money to spend on video games. And I'm the guy with the X850XT...

Granted, I am asking for a better PSU for Christmas, so I can in turn get a better graphics card ;).

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Is up to you. Personally, I prefer to wait and play other great, somewhat older games that I can play in the meanwhile at their full settings. It's not about being that demanding either... If the game runs fine at high settings but not at maximum then I guess it's ok for me. But when it comes to medium-low, then I'd wait.

well i play @ med/high settings on my low-cost, older rig and still pull 10-60fps in game

honestly if i can play it i will, graphics should never supercede gameplay

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
Don't be hating each other, it's just a game...

Don't worry no hating here. :toast:

I never said anything about not buying it or not playing it. I said I'd wait. Their efforts will be paid off eventually. You say I'm not giving them the recognition they deserve, but I will, cause I will buy the game, just not now. Who knows, maybe the guys at crytek foresaw this was gonna happen in the first months, and they know sales are gonna boost as people buy their new riggs. Or maybe the game isn't selling well for some other reason. Whatever the reason, I still wan't the most of the game, and I'm free to wait. If the guys at crytek did such an effort in making the game scalable, then that's good, it works for lots of people, that's why they did it, but not for other people like me. Wanting to play the game maxed out (or nearly) is a personal choice which has no reason not to be respected.

Yeah and I respect your decision. Indeed one of the reasons I'm upgrading to a 8800gt is Crysis. The other being that my second rig, with a 6800gt, can't play the games I want as well as I want.
But as I said before, there's a big difference between wanting to play a game at the maximum IQ level posible and what Wile E said, which is to what I responded.

If I can't play a game at completely maxed settings (except AA, I'm ok with 2x AA), I don't bother.
Not ego. I just don't feel I'd be getting what I paid for, if I don't play it maxed out.
I'd feel ripped off playing it at medium settings. It may look absolutely wonderful on medium, but I would know it could look even better.

Not trying to attack you Wile. I think that I do catch your point, and that you didn't really think that way, at least not that radical. But since men are judged by their acts and no by their thoughts, I had to reply to your comments.

Anyway, there isn't anything wrong on waiting until you upgrade for playing Crysis or any other game (I have done that, indeed). There is in downplaying a game because you can't max it out, be it intentional or not. And sentences like "if I can't max it out I don't bother", "I'd feel ripped of" and more importantly "I don't feel I'd be getting waht I paid for" do exactly that. Since all games sell for the same, stating that you wouldn't get what you paid for, is clearly downplaying the game. I like making comparisons with cars so here we go:
Imagine that Ferrari starts selling Modena cars with 200HP, with the option to upgrade to the 500+ HP model later. Apart from the motor, all the other parts are the same. If they sell that car for the same price as most other cars (tet's say $20000), you just can't feel you are not getting what you paid for, just because you are not getting the 500HP model. You can't expect to get the great Ferrari at budget prices. At the price, you get the tyres, you get the suspension, you get everything except over the top horsepower, you get the car, you get the Ferrari.

Wile, I don't have anything against your decisions or your thoughts either. But I do have my reservations about what you said, in the way you said. I hope it's all clear this and that there isn't any harm. :toast:

@ D.F. again

If you care to read my first post(s) again you would realize that I didn't have anything against you in the first place, I'd have replied to post #48 otherwise. But the post in which you talked about the short film, quoted a post that wasn't about you and just didn't make much sense IMO. The more gratificating thing for Crytek would be the next.
Dec. 2007 : "Ey guys, I have played Crysis at medium settings and I loved it!"
Mid 2008 : "I have played it at max and WHOHOHOHOOOOAAAAA!!! :respect::respect::respect::respect::respect:"

See ya! :toast:

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
i downloaded crysis and i'm not hapy with it.. needs more guns and its to short in the snow zone

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I My Machine Specs are low and i Ran UT 3 on 1024x768 with Level 2 Detail and 100% Rendering. Crysis im really unsure about.

End of rant.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
i stoped buying UT quite some time ago TvT is not my thing any longer. How ever i am interested in Crysis just cannot afford it. Prefure games like OFP \ Arma ( Human v's AI ) my self now and is only when i'll spend $50 on a game. I'll wait till the price drops most likely as i be only buying it for the SP...

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
I My Machine Specs are low and i Ran UT 3 on 1024x768 with Level 2 Detail and 100% Rendering. Crysis im really unsure about.

Have you tried the demo? If not give it a try. Acording to gamespot's hardware guide (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182806/p-5.html) the 1950 pro runs it better than 7900GTX. Though mine runs the game a lot better than what they state, maybe because mine has pixel shaders OCed from factory and I have overclocked the core a 10% more (shaders overclock acordingly too). Anyway you shouldn't have any problems running it on medium, probaby with shaders on high at 1024x768. I'm taking into account that your CPU is rather old, but I don't think it will have such an impact on your graphics card as the one that is having the 8800gtx in those benchmarks, but it's hard to say. The fourth system in the overview tab (A64 4000+, x1650XT, 2GB ram) suggest you can play it well. Maybe you should put physics on low with that CPU, but that's all. Try out the demo, and do some tweaking. ;)

EDIT: I would have expected better performance on UT3 from your rig though. Anyway your system is a win over the consoles itseft. Except the GPU that rig (the tech under it) has at least 4-5 years and still in the fight. :rockout: Who said you need to upgrade every year?

Last edited:

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P

it should run just fine i run it on my rig and with your cpu@2.2ghz it should be even if not better than mine @2ghz

my settings if you want to try them are these (click on it to see full size ;))

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
it should run just fine i run it on my rig and with your cpu@2.2ghz it should be even if not better than mine @2ghz

my settings if you want to try them are these (click on it to see full size ;))

:eek: I can't believe your OC on that 7800GS on stock cooler. It's insane!! +86% overclock. :rockout:

I would recommend him everything medium, w/ textures and shaders on high, instead. At least if the 1950 pro is as much better as gamespot said in Crysis, it could be worth a try. Postprocessing on high kills my performance.

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
:eek: I can't believe your OC on that 7800GS on stock cooler. It's insane!! +75% overclock. :rockout:

I would recommend him everything medium, w/ textures and shaders on high, instead. At least if the 1950 pro is as much better as gamespot said in Crysis, it could be worth a try. Postprocessing on high kills my performance.

that was a maxed run i run normal @565/770 and the core doesnt heat up over 50C on the stock cooler :D

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
that was a maxed run i run normal @565/770 and the core doesnt heat up over 50C on the stock cooler :D

Anyway nice OC. ;)
BUT LOL. You changed +86% to +75%? :laugh:
7800GS Nvidia's stock is 375. 700/375=1,8666666666666666666666666666666666666 :toast: