• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tesco to Start Selling Dell PCs

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Dell and Tesco today announced the availability of Dell notebook and desktop computers in Tesco, a premier international retailer with operations in Europe and Asia.

Beginning next month, customers will be able to purchase Dell XPS and Inspiron products in Tesco stores, primarily in the UK, with sales also in Ireland, Poland, Czech Republic, and Slovakia.

With Dell and Tesco's proven expertise in both supply chain management and manufacturing execution, this agreement is the logical next step in Dell's evolving global retail strategy.

"With over 13 million customers per week shopping at Tesco's stores, this deal will result in substantial exposure for Dell's brand and products", said Mark Ormerod, Vice President and General Manager, Consumer business for Dell's Europe, Middle East and Africa operations. "Customers like to experience technology first hand, and can now purchase Dell's award winning products in a Tesco store convenient to them."

"We are committed to helping our customers with the latest hi-tech products at great value prices, which makes teaming up with Dell a perfect fit," said Graham Harris, Tesco Commercial Director. "We are excited to offer our customers in the UK and in Europe a new and award winning brand that was previously only available from the company direct."

With this agreement, customers will be able to click call or visit to shop and purchase Dell products how they want. Dell products will soon be available in more than 10,000 stores and on-line around the globe. In the past several months Dell has announced relationships with Best Buy in the U.S., DSG International and Carrefour in Europe, Staples in the U.S., Courts stores in Singapore, Gome stores in China, Bic Camera Inc. in Japan, Carphone Warehouse in the UK and Wal-Mart in the U.S., Canada, Brazil and Mexico.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
did see an asus laptop for sale in tesco, looked mighty good as well for just over £300 IRCC

hacker111

OK since the last post on these I went to that store and I saw the dells...Good for Dell...way to make more money

Exavier

Processor Q6600 G0 Stepping @3.4
Motherboard DFI LanParty DK P45 T2RS-PLUS
Cooling Fitseries3 Edition Fuzion v1, XSPC Razor X2, XSPC RS320, Hydor L30
Memory Crucial Ballistix @972mhz CL5
Video Card(s) Sapphire 4870X2 2GB
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB x2 (I need another OS drive LOL)
Display(s) Sony Bravia 40L4000 40" HDTV :D
Case Silverstone TJ07 (Mod is a WIP)
Power Supply Corsair HX620w
Software Windows Vista
Mark Ormerod said:
Customers like to experience technology first hand, and can now purchase Dell’s award winning products in a Tesco store convenient to them.”

I'm pretty sure even he's complaining that's a typo

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
yay! now we can get club card points for overpriced dell Pcs' as well as my weekly supply of 5 a day fruits and veg!

woah there horsie thats just one more step to taking over the world partner, man i remember when in Scotland Tesco was non existent and i was born in feb 1991 as it hasnt been that long since Tesco started making stores everywhere i mean they have a huge Tesco at Silverburn shopping centre which was named silverburn after all the trollies in the river next to it

good for dell tho i like them ever since they started offering linux as an alternative to windows i mean if you only use your laptop for work and your laptop isnt powerful linux is ideal

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
yea tesco venturing into US now - good luck they need it