• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Creative ALchemy X-Fi Drivers for Windows Vista Released

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Recommended for all Creative X-Fi owners who use Windows Vista OS, a new ALchemy driver has been released on Christmas Eve. This download is an application for Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series of audio devices that restores 3D audio and EAX effects for certain DirectSound3D games in Windows Vista. Without this, most DirectSound3D games will be reduced to stereo output without any EAX effects.

DOWNLOAD

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Nothing new here. Creative's shit drivers (and cards). And to a lesser extent, pos vista. People just need to quit buying that crap and let creative go under. They can't make anything worth a shit (and never have in the audio arena).
Hell, I was even stupid enough to buy an X-Fi and it died. They use the cheapest, chinese crap capacitors known to man, but charge top dollar. I hope they all rot in a shallow grave.

Specsaver

That's what I call real xmas spirit, gurustud, thanks for your comment
<sarcasm off>
Actually this ALchemy release supports additional 42 games that were not supported previously, that's according to the release notes anyway.

Fixes:

* Enables the DirectSound3D game audio to be processed by your Sound Blaster X-Fi to deliver EAX effects, 3D audio spatialization, sample rate conversion and hardware audio mixing. Without this, most DirectSound3D games will be reduced to stereo output without any EAX effects.
* Supports an additional 42 DirectSound3D games.

Vista is not great but it is there so I think Creative does the right thing supporting it, or what is your point? ALchemy works fine for me..

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
That's a lot better.

Only those who own a X-Fi card can judge on whether it's worth it or not. I say it is. For others, piss and moan is the way to go. No Realtek codec can come even close to what a X-Fi can deliver.

Speaking of drivers and people accusing it of being "complicated", well if people are smart enough to "flash their video BIOS" and do volt-mods and over-clock, the Creative X-Fi driver isn't a complicated thing, really.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
Point is that it has already taken this long for these particular dirvers, still faulty hardware, XP drivers are STILL very buggy (especially x64), which, all makes a nice, annoying and functionally worthless audio solution at times. I've never had such problems with a card before, and I'm really glad I never owned an audigy. I probably would've killed someone.

P.S. You don't want to see my xmas spirit. It involves dreaming of millions of dead christians.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
Very Buggy? Please exemplify using two of the most significant ones? Where are the bugs?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
Very Buggy? Please exemplify using two of the most significant ones? Where are the bugs?

rofl, you have to be kidding me. The internet is chock full of them. When I went searching, I found post after post of the same problems as mine and some really crazy ones. Besides crashing and losing settings on every restart, the inaccurate volume level depending on distance was really annoying. I could hear stuff exploding far away, but could barely hear people shooting at me 20 ft away.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
You're talking release-drivers.

That was corrected in the August 2006 driver.

That's the whole problem: People splash mud onto Creative when it rolls out bugs, but nobody takes back their negative remarks when the bugs are fixed. That's why Creative bundled an Auto-Update application that updates drivers. Most people disable this, use old drivers, meet with bugs and piss and moan about the whole thing. ---> indicating bias.

Most people use this "complicated drivers, buggy" as a lame excuse for not spending on X-Fi. Those who own it call it the best piece of audio equipment the PC has ever seen. The positives about X-Fi outweigh the negatives by a loooong way.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk

That's the whole problem: People splash mud onto Creative when it rolls out bugs, but nobody takes back their negative remarks when the bugs are fixed. That's why Creative bundled an Auto-Update application that updates drivers. Most people disable this, use old drivers, meet with bugs and piss and moan about the whole thing. ---> indicating bias.

Most people use this "complicated drivers, buggy" as a lame excuse for not spending on X-Fi. Those who own it call it the best piece of audio equipment the PC has ever seen. The positives about X-Fi outweigh the negatives by a loooong way.

It was not corrected. I was always using the latest betas (after trying the official ones). I don't blame anyone for not spending. I owned it and have regretted it ever since. I'd rather have the card take some of my CPU, but actually work (ie other HQ chipsets).

Specsaver

Point is that it has already taken this long for these particular dirvers, still faulty hardware, XP drivers are STILL very buggy (especially x64), which, all makes a nice, annoying and functionally worthless audio solution at times. I've never had such problems with a card before, and I'm really glad I never owned an audigy. I probably would've killed someone.

I think you have some type of hate problem. If I were you I'd see a shrink for a friendly piece of advice.

P.S. You don't want to see my xmas spirit. It involves dreaming of millions of dead christians.

Christians, or humans in general? Either way - why is that?

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10

Agreed,..I have had Creative sound cards since their incept. No problems whatsoever.
Keep on top of the driver/bios releases (Just like any power user needs to do with ANY top end hardware) and you will have a great chance of avoiding compatibility issues.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
What are you? Some Islamic fundamentalist? This thread is no room for your anti-Christian views.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Nothing new here. Creative's shit drivers (and cards). And to a lesser extent, pos vista. People just need to quit buying that crap and let creative go under. They can't make anything worth a shit (and never have in the audio arena).
Hell, I was even stupid enough to buy an X-Fi and it died. They use the cheapest, chinese crap capacitors known to man, but charge top dollar. I hope they all rot in a shallow grave.

:shadedshu

Why is it that because DirectSound and audio acceleration doesn't work in Vista, everyone wants to go and blame Creative. It's Microsoft's problem, not Creatives. At least the Alchemy drivers are a means of working around the "flaws" of Vista.

And why is it that it's now currently trendy to hate Creative? I'm sorry, but the X-Fi series was the first set of soundcards that have had a long string of problems, and a lot of it had to do with such a radical new design to their audio processor - then factor in all the other new hardware on the market and the vast number of people that don't know what they're doing and are trying to add a new, powerful sound card to legacy hardware.

I've used Creative's hardware for as long as I can remember, since a Sound Blaster 2.0 all the way up to a Live!. Back then, there was no other company on the market, and even after new companies rolled out, nothing compared to Creative's hardware. Granted, as I said, the first wave of X-Fi's had some issues, especially with capacitors - but I think that can all be attributed to the fact that they didn't realize that the X-Fi audio processor needs a heatsink. The newer revisions are fairly solid, with very little actual hardware issues anymore - the majority of problems tends to be with conflicting drivers and/or conflicting hardware.

Asides - you're not going to find any other company on the market that offers a better sounding audio card for $80 - if you want to compare low-end to low-end. If you want to compare high-end cards . . . sure, the Auzentechs blow Creative away in that arena, but they still use Creative's audio processor - they just opted for higher end components (which is why the price of their audio cards is higher). But Creative's high-end card still sounds amazing compared to all other competitors (aside from Auzen), and if nothing else - they perform blazingly faster than any other competitor (has a lot to do with their design for use in studio audio equipment).

As to Creative needing to go under . . . :laugh: it'll never happen! There's a better chance of nVidia or Intel sinking before Creative does.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
What are you? Some Islamic fundamentalist? This thread is no room for your anti-Christian views.

Nope, just an atheist tired of christians ruining everything (especially the US when we live here).

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
Well then keep it off this thread. Talk about the X-Fi. This is no place for nonsense.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Nope, just an atheist tired of christians ruining everything (especially the US when we live here).

dude . . . I personally can't stand the majority of christians, either - but blaming them for ruining everything is absolutely, completely absurd. Grow up.