• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google: Microsoft/Yahoo Merger Will 'Ruin The Internet'

System Name File Server
Processor 2600k
Motherboard idk
Cooling H110
Memory 20gb of something
Video Card(s) onboard!
Storage 2x120 SSD, (5x8tb)+(3x4tb) = 35 TB Z1 pool
Display(s) couple 4k 32s
Case cooler master something i think
Audio Device(s) does anyone bother with anything but onboard?
Power Supply Whatever OCZ PC Powercooling became. 1200 modular setup
Mouse MX Master 2x
Keyboard G710
Software FreeNAS
Acutally I'm a fan of both companies. I love google. I've had a Gmail account since gmail only gave 1GB, and you had only 10 invites. I've been using the search engine long before that. I'm evena bigger fan of good products and innovation. Only a liberal idiot couldn't see how this would be good for every party involved. Innovation is only spurred by competition, something that is not found in companies that have a monopoly.

Let's take a look at back in history. Gmail gave 1GB of storage. At the time, this was unheard of since you had to pay MS and Yahoo for 50MB. Later that year, MS and Yahoo gave everyone 250MB of storage for free. Then Google upped the ante to 2GB - and added the Storage trickle. Soon after, Hotmail and Yahoo gave UNLIMITED e-mail space. Soon after that, the Gmail trickle increased tremendously.

Look at the big picture my friends... Google is getting waaaaay too powerful. there is no chance in hell yahoo will be able to catch up unless MS buys them and combines powers.

Well your right, I did see the battle of email space, I have had gmail for a while myself. I would like to see yahoo make a run but I think that this would just ruin yahoo, MS would put there code behind it and cause problems using differnet browsers, they might charge for some features, they could limit the email accounts(or make them use live mail). Really the only negative I see from this is the decline of yahoo. And thats only speculative. It could be the best merger ever, or it could be a flop. I guess we will never know until it happens

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
so what your all saying is MS is a lame duck that doesn't do any good?

give me a break, id bet more than 90% of you are on a version of windows right now. As for office apps, of course MS is gonna charge for them, they are a company they make money, this isnt russia. Ive used googles apps and openoffice and i find MS Office easier to work with, the only one i like more is Lotus but they went out of bussiness.

ChillyMyst

so what your all saying is MS is a lame duck that doesn't do any good?

give me a break, id bet more than 90% of you are on a version of windows right now. As for office apps, of course MS is gonna charge for them, they are a company they make money, this isnt russia. Ive used googles apps and openoffice and i find MS Office easier to work with, the only one i like more is Lotus but they went out of bussiness.

not thats not what we are saying, what we are saying is that ms SUCKS at internet stuff, they cant seem to bring themselves to follow the standreds EVERYBODY ELSE AGREES ON!!!!

ms is really bad about trying to force everybody to do everything their way.

and ms office 2007 sucks IMHO, the layouts horrible, the menu system is just horrible, no other way to describe it really.

i got no problem with advancement and innovation but thats not what ms does anymore, they just re-sell the same ideas with go faster stripes and then force you to use their verion os something.

i personaly love my windows x64pro but hate vista, i like office 2003 but hate 2007 because really all they did was make it look WORSE and run WORSE (vista and office 2007)

ms has a poor track reccord with alot of things like internet standreds.......

i love how ms humpers like candle_86 will defend anything ms makes as the best thing ever!!!!!

btw lotus was part of IBM they disscontinued the products because alot of companys and govts stoped using their products due to massive flaws, i know my fathers school district stoped using it because u couldnt sync it with PDA's without taking a large risk u would loose the data on both!!!!

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
not thats not what we are saying, what we are saying is that ms SUCKS at internet stuff, they cant seem to bring themselves to follow the standreds EVERYBODY ELSE AGREES ON!!!!

ms is really bad about trying to force everybody to do everything their way.

and ms office 2007 sucks IMHO, the layouts horrible, the menu system is just horrible, no other way to describe it really.

i got no problem with advancement and innovation but thats not what ms does anymore, they just re-sell the same ideas with go faster stripes and then force you to use their verion os something.

i personaly love my windows x64pro but hate vista, i like office 2003 but hate 2007 because really all they did was make it look WORSE and run WORSE (vista and office 2007)

ms has a poor track reccord with alot of things like internet standreds.......

i love how ms humpers like candle_86 will defend anything ms makes as the best thing ever!!!!!

btw lotus was part of IBM they disscontinued the products because alot of companys and govts stoped using their products due to massive flaws, i know my fathers school district stoped using it because u couldnt sync it with PDA's without taking a large risk u would loose the data on both!!!!
I like Vista well enough, but still prefer XP x64 myself, tho. But I actually like Office 07 better than 03. It's actually intuitive for me. Reminds me of Office on Mac.