• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Social Networking Sites Used by Gangs to Recruit

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
MySpace has gotten quite a bad reputation. It was put off as a "dates-r-us" for pedophiles at one point, at another it was seen as a distraction to minors, but now it seems like MySpace got a crown for the pile of dirt on their doorstep. Police departments all around America are confirming that criminal gangs (mostly local) are recruiting on social networking sites, especially MySpace. What's worse still is that gang fights will start on the internet, and then people will take them to the street. Some gangs will even post a form of propaganda, just for the purpose of getting children to join their gangs. In response to this story, some social networking sites have already declared that anything illegal or gang-related is immediately deleted and cause for an on-the-spot ban.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
Wow... this really goes to show how unintelligent and impressionable most americans are :rolleyes:

mysticjon

Processor AMD Phenom x4 9850 black edition
Cooling big water 745
Memory Kingston 4gb(1gbx4) ddr2 (dual channel)
Video Card(s) ati sapphire radeon hd 6850
Storage 2tb
Display(s) samsung 226bw 22 inch wide lcd screen
Case apeiva qpack2
Audio Device(s) creative soundblaster X-fi fatal1ty series
Power Supply silent pro 600watt modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Wow... this really goes to show how unintelligent and impressionable most americans are :rolleyes:

hey man i agree with you...but all americans are not the same, most are...and these religious fanatics imposing there "belief(s)" on other countries and ruining every culture they meet upon. But these gangs are just stupid..and quiet sad to start stuff online and then take it to the streets lol....unfortunately these gangs are nothing but mere failure of civilized people

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
I hear that.. bloody muslims and whatnot run riot here in the UK and fuck things like christmas up going around saying it "offends" them, they protest, whine and bitch, get handed everything above actual UK citizens and their still not happy. Fucking piles of shit. I wish guns were legal in the UK, I'd cure the immigrants problem single handedly.

Gam'ster

System Name Toshiba L350
Processor AMD QL-65
Motherboard Toshiba 780G/SB700
Cooling Laptop
Memory 3GB
Video Card(s) ATI HD3000
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 17" Widescreen
Case Black/Carbon effect
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Brick
Software WIN7
I hear that.. bloody muslims and whatnot run riot here in the UK and fuck things like christmas up going around saying it "offends" them, they protest, whine and bitch, get handed everything above actual UK citizens and their still not happy. Fucking piles of shit. I wish guns were legal in the UK, I'd cure the immigrants problem single handedly.

:rockout:Ketxxx for prime minister:rockout:, but yeah the whole gang culture thing is a bit childish at the least, i wont rant on but some people need to get a major grip on things.

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087
Yeah...lets recruit kids we may never see...to join our gang that may never meet...and fight people we will never see...

I understand that there are probobly fights that actually occur, and it is a serious thing...but really, a gang that recruits on myspace is like a clan that recruits on a gungame server...there going nowhere.

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
Yeah, religious fanatics and idiots only live in America.... UK is so great... We never left the UK to start our own country... Because the UK never sucked and never oppressed anybody.

Yeah... once again, most of us are idiots... Thats why were the worlds superpower, because everybody just wants to be ignorant just like us.

Nobody gets it... most people !!!!EVERYWHERE!!!!! are unintelligent and impressionable.

System Name BumBumBox
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard ITX
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) 3080ti
Storage 2TB
Software Win11
Its not americans destorying this country its the damn illegal immigrants

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Memory 16Gb
... Because the UK never sucked and never oppressed anybody.
:rolleyes:
haha, I need not say more about the above

lol this is a great topic

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10

Yes,...we need to make the Jedi a REAL religion just like in the UK. Then we wont be so "impressionable" and UN-intelligent.:wtf:
Were we unintelligent back in in WWII we ran the Germans out of your country for you?:shadedshu

D

Deleted member 24505

Mebbe but it took you two years to come,while britain which is 100 times smaller than the usa held out on its own.

The american culture is based on take take take.

Gam'ster

System Name Toshiba L350
Processor AMD QL-65
Cooling Laptop
Memory 3GB
Video Card(s) ATI HD3000
Storage 250GB
Case Black/Carbon effect
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Brick
Software WIN7
I can see were this thread is going:ohwell:. but can we have some post's on the topic as gang culture is all over and so is myspace....so i assume that the situation in the US is the same as europe etc..., US vs Uk threads tend to get ppl banned and are quite pointless.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Mebbe but it took you two years to come,while britain which is 100 times smaller than the usa held out on its own.

To all the UK'ers on this board. Almost everyone in the US views the UK as our friends and allies.

We like you! We are not your enemy.
The US fought England during the revolutionarry war. That has nothing to do with what is happening today.

If the UK needs help we are here to do that. You too, have always lent a helping hand in what was going on in the world.

The US is not. "take take take". It treats those who value freedom and democracy very well and pours money into all areas of the world to help. The people of the US donate more to charities worldwide than any other country.

Try not to let your local media color your perception of the people here. We do care.

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Memory 16Gb
Yeah, Myspace...and Gangs...I could see it helping coordinate events, but not really increase actual members, as they cant initiate people over the net. unless they send viruses...lol

Gam'ster

System Name Toshiba L350
Processor AMD QL-65
Cooling Laptop
Memory 3GB
Video Card(s) ATI HD3000
Storage 250GB
Case Black/Carbon effect
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Brick
Software WIN7
Well were i live atm, myspace, beebo, facebook.....etc are being blamed for a lot of teenage suicides, 13 in the last 12 months. A few of the victims knew eachother but the police are having a hard time proving a connection between others but... the net is beeing blamed for it. But gang culture is certanly a part of it.

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Memory 16Gb
Oh im sure it is, its another medium to communicate and im sure events that occur on such networks change peoples emotional state and i am sure there are many suicides that could be reasonably linked.

System Name BumBumBox
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard ITX
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) 3080ti
Storage 2TB
Software Win11
Down with myspace!!

Processor Intel Core i7-7700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i11
Memory 4x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2133MHz
Video Card(s) 2x NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FEs
Storage 512GB SSD, 2x2TB HDD
Display(s) AOC U2879VF, AOC G2260VWQ6
Case Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Lol, Jedi is actually officially realised by the government as a religion in the UK. It's the 4th most popular apparantly :p

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
I live here in L.A. California:(....Los Angeles used to a pretty cool place, up until 1995. Then this hip-hop/bald headed/prison gang subculture arose and it's turned this city and the surrounding suburbs into absolutely horrid places to live.:confused: I work as a bouncer in a bar...I know it's not church, but I ve seen the transition from just the occasional drunk A-hole starting trouble to groups of five or six baldheaded shitbags really causing a mess.:eek: These incidinces usally start with "where u from?" I've seen more than several 5 on 1 fights, a shooting and several mini riots involving at least 80 individuals, people have pulled guns on me, I've been stabbed, watched idiots drop guns in the parking lot...The list could go on! AND THE POLICE DO NOTHING!!! Our governments know there is a problem and do nothing!!!:wtf:...I think that our officials are so financially removed from mainstream society that they don't realize how seriously dangerous our cities have become. They acknowledge there is a problem (I guess around election time!!!)then sweep it under the rug and stop looking at it in hopes it will disappear.:shadedshu What the hell are we supposed to do? I guess I could play God and shoot them myself...BUT...One can't do that either because those same useless cops who do NOTHING to those guys would probably arrest me!:eek: Even more pathetic is the fact that this IS NOT A GHETTO NEIGHBORHOOD!! There is not a ghetto near this place!:twitch: It doesn't really suprise me that those bags of crap would use the internet or rather "Myspace" as a way to communicate....I hate those guy's and everything they represent...Loathing describes it best:mad:...Other than turning them into fertilizer or using them for cannon fodder or lab experiments, I see no use for their existence...I wish they would do society a favor, quit occupying space, using up valuable resources and just kill themselves so they could at last make a positve contribution to mankind by turning into oil in a few million years.:rockout:

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
theres a simple policy that shuts these people up: its called equality.

If 80% of the population choose to celebrate a certain day in their homes, REGARDLESS of religion (santa has nothing to do with religion.) NO ONE can say a thing about it.

I bet if white people went to their homeland and demanded anything public about their religion was offensive, we'd just end up in jail.

If people complain about public religion thats not theirs, demand they cease any public displays of their own first - this includes clothing and all religious material and displays. No head coverings for muslims, no beards for the amish. it might OFFEND someone, so they'd better be NON OFFENSIVE themselves before we do anything to help them.

Minorities always want 'equal' - by equal they mean 'us 10% of the population want 50% of everything'

Police cant stop them, because they're too afraid of being called racist etc. Just actually enforce EQUALITY on everyone, allow no hypocrisy and things will even out.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
solution for gangs is obvious, give cops the right to shoot on sight no questions asked and send the National Guard into the hood. Put a few tank rounds into there low riders and see how quickly they stop

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10

Take take take??,..are you including the $86+ BILLION in foreign aid we give out annually?
And this amount is about to expand to an even more obscene amount due to a certain US senator Joe Biden. Another 1% of my countries GNP is about to go to these countries that cant
survive without US aid,...then the citizens of these G/D countries can bad mouth the US:shadedshu
And if you are bringing up country size (and you did) then the 2 years you spoke of are really not that impressive when you consider the the size of the UK compared to Germany.
Take take take my huge American ass.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro

Like there isn't carzy people that live in the UK:roll:

Sure we have our problems, but we are a super power in the world. Which would mean one thing, that not all of us are crazy gang bangers.

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I'm really getting tired of the constant American bashing. It is not going to be tolerated anymore. It is insulting to other members, and perpetuation of an untrue stereotype.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7

actually mate it wasn't the Muslims whinging it was the stupid Political Correctness that has corrupted our society. I know of four muslims, three jewish and one hindu and they all where celebrating Christmas. not for Christ but for the time that it now represents - the time of family, giving and caring.

on topic this sucks but lets be honest, it was only time before this happened. the Internet is a tool for education and destruction.