• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Drewstyle

D

Drewstyle

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
P4 3.0 prescott, with Thermaltake beetle cooler 30c idle 40c load. 1 gig DDR2 dual channel ram, 160 gig sata drive, Intel M board with 1066 fsb, Geforce 6600 PCI express card with 256mb ram, 8 channel surround.

Mods:
odered most all parts from newegg and xoxide,complete build cost around 900.00 with OS

I tried this system with an artic cooling freezer 7 heatsink fan and it would Idle at 47c, Changed hsf to thermaltake and using artic silver 5 paste brought me down 17c!!! The newest thing I added was the 21 inch monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:

newmodder

System Name Gamer
Processor amd phenom quad core 9950 black edition
Motherboard msi ms-7309
Cooling 120mm front,120mm rear
Memory 2gigs ddr2 800
Video Card(s) BFG gtx 260 maxcore
Storage wd 160gig sata2 hd
Display(s) LG 20in widescreen
Case USP 100
Audio Device(s) onboard Logitech x-530 5.1 spkrs
Power Supply Antec Neo 550watt
Software windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
nice:)

i am going to go and get a better cooler for my cpu aswell..

nice set up, now lets see some benchies scores :)

I

Italy_14

Nice

I like your mod. I really like the Termaltake Beetle. Did you really have problems with your Artic Cooling heat sink? I have a Artic Cooling Heatsink/Fan and it works great. It idles at 34C and full load never goes above 40C. The best thing about it is that it's silent. I wonder what happen with yours? Does the Beetle make a lot of noise? I would like to use some thing like that for my next mod. I also like your PSU, it looks a lot like my Aspire PSU. The cable sleeving that comes with it is a nice feature.

D

Drewstyle

newmodder said:
i am going to go and get a better cooler for my cpu aswell..

nice set up, now lets see some benchies scores :)

Thanks, yea I need to find a good program to bench it with!!

D

Drewstyle

Drewstyle said:
Thanks, yea I need to find a good program to bench it with!!

Yea when I installed it I used Artic silver 2 on the Artic cooling freezer and I plugged the fan into mboard so it would control temp, fan stayed around 750 rpm even when cpu was running at 50c. I got the beetle because it has a 3.5 fan control so if im gaming I can crank it up it maxes at 4800 rpm abit loud, but I rather put up with the noise then burn a cpu, but to be fair when I installed the Beetle I used artic silver 5 so Im not sure what kind of diff the thermal compound is making!!

D

Drewstyle

21 inch Sony

Added new pictures of the 21 inch monitor I got today 20 inch viewable...Woot