• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Phenom | Spider

Bplockard

nice

Thats sweet, if it has a window, I would custom cut some diamond plating to cover up the side of the 5.25/3.25 HDD bays, and power supply. thats what i plan to do to my Rig, altho i dont know how this will affect the temp...

I voted 3/10 because:

does the words "Case Mod Gallery" mean sumthin 2 u case i cant see a custom mod that you performed on your machine.....just a bunch of fancy hardware. untill you do some modding 3/10 will be my vote for now

What the hell is the point of leaving a dumb post like this!!! What do you got!

Anyway, 9/10.

What the hell is the point of leaving a dumb post like this!!! What do you got!

Anyway, 9/10.

i saw your rig too and i would give you the same score. Most of guys just show how your money was well spent on expensive parts instead of doing some modding to ya'll rigs. i wouldnt call "cable management" any sort of modding either. And by the way i have got sumthin. it may not "cost" as much as ya'lls but at least it has little mod 2 it.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1500.html

i saw your rig too and i would give you the same score. Most of guys just show how your money was well spent on expensive parts instead of doing some modding to ya'll rigs. i wouldnt call "cable management" any sort of modding either. And by the way i have got sumthin. it may not "cost" as much as ya'lls but at least it has little mod 2 it.

Since when is it required to go nuts with led's and misc. modding? How is what I'm doing any cheaper than what you have? I built MY rig the way I want it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Its totally cool with me. But I think its quite rude to go bashing someone for being creative in their own way. I'm more of a clean and simple type of modder. If its not functional, I don't do it. I wouldn't have bought two 3870's if it wasn't functional. Have you ever played Call of Duty 4 on a CrossFire'd or SLI'd setup? Its awesome. I went with a CrossFire setup for a reason. Not just to show off how much money I can spend. How rude would it be if I went around bashing people's rigs because I thought LED's and cathodes were stupid? Be constructive with your comments. Its a waste of everyones time to bash on people's rig's. I gave you a 4/10. Your rig has nice hardware, but it really could use better cable management. You could also use some canned air to clean up the dust build up on the fans and in the case in general. Those two things alone are killing the score it deserves. See, I'm constructive.

Last edited:
Since when is it required to go nuts with led's and misc. modding? How is what I'm doing any cheaper than what you have? I built MY rig the way I want it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Its totally cool with me. But I think its quite rude to go bashing someone for being creative in their own way. I'm more of a clean and simple type of modder. If its not functional, I don't do it. I wouldn't have bought two 3870's if it wasn't functional. Have you ever played Call of Duty 4 on a CrossFire'd or SLI'd setup? Its awesome. I went with a CrossFire setup for a reason. Not just to show off how much money I can spend. How rude would it be if I went around bashing people's rigs because I thought LED's and cathodes were stupid? Be constructive with your comments. Its a waste of everyones time to bash on people's rig's. I gave you a 4/10. Your rig has nice hardware, but it really could use better cable management. You could also use some canned air to clean up the dust build up on the fans and in the case in general. Those two things alone are killing the score it deserves. See, I'm constructive.

Forgive me if it seems like im bashing on your rig. Its just that when i see your rig i want to do sumthin modular with it ...for example spraying the inside of the chasis to black to compliment those red power houses u got. then i definitely give that rig sumthin it deserves but i just dont see anything "unique" besides your wire management which is great cause i can learn a thing or too from you.

No problem at all. I like the idea of spraying the inside black, that would definitely compliment the red parts within. I get what you mean, its bland. I just happen to like stuff bland. Simple and clean! :)

No problem at all. I like the idea of spraying the inside black, that would definitely compliment the red parts within. I get what you mean, its bland. I just happen to like stuff bland. Simple and clean! :)

well in that case i give you a 8/10 for being "bland" not for modding. That thermaltake ps on newegg would give u a 10/10

That Thermaltake PSU will be in my rig tomorrow. Just waiting for it to arrive! Then, its OC time.

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
I like it...Very clean cables...decent hardware...good stuff

I like it...Very clean cables...decent hardware...good stuff

Thanks pent. I uploaded some newer photos. I recently installed a Thermaltake 600W modular PSU and installed some foam/padding whatever you call it that comes with motherboards. I did the best I could with the new psu, sadly I got better cable management results with the generic PSU. I did what I could considering the case.

New pics coming soon. Finally added a 120mm exhaust fan. Antec Red LED 120mm. :)

I've done some mods to my case too, and i bet you payed more for your system then I did.

batmang:
can't wait to see the pic :)

System Name BlackLightening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX v2.0
Cooling Corsair H170i Pro Push/ Pull with 6 corsair SP 140's
Memory Corsair Vengeance Black RGB 32GB DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1 - Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD, 2 -WD Black SN850X 2 TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD,s
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG321CQR Curved
Case Corsair iCue 7000X RGB Full Tower Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X AE-5+ Pci-e (Logitech Z5300e speakers)
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000i
Mouse Corsair M65 Elite
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows 11 Professional 64 bit
Very nice :)
9/10

System Name Stealth 2 Duo Turbine
Processor Intel e6850 @ 3.8ghz
Motherboard Asus Striker Extreme
Cooling CoolerMaster V8 Modded With 2 white LED's & 100CFM fan
Memory OCZ DDR2 1066_ SLI Black-4GB
Video Card(s) 2xMSI 8800GT"s SLI
Storage <<HDD For OS>> 2x150GB_Western Digital Raptor_Raid 0. <<HDD For Storage>> 3 x 1TB
Display(s) ACER B273HU 27" LCD 2048x1152
Case Apex SuperCase_Custom 7 month Build
Audio Device(s) Striker Extreme Add-In Card HD-Audio
Power Supply EnerMax INFINITI 720watt
Software SE7VEN ULTIMATE 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark01=NTTA, 3Dmark06=NTTA 3Dmark_Vantage=NTTA, Core Temp v0.99.5=28C
System Name ---
Processor FX 8350 @ 4.00 Ghz with 1.28v
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 v4.0, Hacked Bios F4.x
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 16GB + Patriot Memory DDR3 1866 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus R9 290 OC @ GPU - 1050, MEM - 1300
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Display(s) 3 x 1080P LCDs - Acer 25" + Acer 23" + HP 23"
Case AeroCool XPredator X3
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Modular
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
hey batmang, nice clean pc there. I like the simplicity there. Defenitely +1 point for nice airflow because of cable management. I really suck at it. I should learn from you. 8/10.

BTW I just finised building my latest Phenom build. What temps are you getting? idle/load and what volts for the cpu.

I used 9500 + ECS A770M-A + 3450 + Silenx Direct contact heatpipe cooler. Cheap server. Ocd to 2.45 @ 1.22V Idle 38C and load 50C.

Thanks.

Superb W/M & build, If you don't mind,, as for you liking functional,, your hard drive would stay cooler if it was moved down & a front intake fan was added, Also for the backside of the motherboard where the tape is,,, performance-PCs sells self adhesive zip tie mounts that work great . http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80&products_id=20352

........ Have time check out my Rig http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1523.html Thanks.

Thanks Steel, I will look into those zip ties. That would be nice to have for sure. I've been meaning to move the hard drive, I've been lazy :p

hey batmang, nice clean pc there. I like the simplicity there. Definitely +1 point for nice airflow because of cable management. I really suck at it. I should learn from you. 8/10.

BTW I just finised building my latest Phenom build. What temps are you getting? idle/load and what volts for the cpu.

I used 9500 + ECS A770M-A + 3450 + Silenx Direct contact heatpipe cooler. Cheap server. Ocd to 2.45 @ 1.22V Idle 38C and load 50C.

Thanks.

Thanks Sura! I'm always been a fan of function over form. If its not useful, I don't add it. I will say that I'm glad I got the RED LED fan. It adds character to the case and is still functional in removing air without being TOO loud. It is manually speed adjustable, which was the main reason I bought it.

My idle temps at stock settings range from 32-35C. Load at stock settings is around 45C. At 2.5GHz, I stay at default vcore (1.200v), temps idle are usually 35-37C, load is around 48-50C. I'm planning to get a replacement heatsink and fan solely to reduce temps. I don't plan to overclock more than 2.5GHz. I've been running my setup at default settings to reduce heat, its already 100+ here in Tucson, AZ.

System Name ---
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Thanks batmang. I did some cable management (not extreme), moved the DVD drive from upper slot to lower but one slot. Pushed all the extra cables from PSU into the upper open space. Tucked the IDE cable away from the air flow area. Moved 1 HDD to upper most slot and 1 to lower most slot so air can flow from front holes (soon will add a 80mm fan). Stuck a 70mm fan on the northbridge chipset (which almost burnt my fingers). Put a 120mm silent Ultra fan down near the video card case side vent so it pushes cold air from down and when it becomes warm it will raise and pass thru the CPU cooler which is a vertical mount one and thru the back. Replaced the crappy test 500W psu to high quality Antec Trio 430W. The antec psu has special fan power connectors that will control the speed of the fans based on the load and temp inside the case. CPU heatsink has 92mm blue led SilenX quiet fan. All in all this monster has become exteme quiet and efficient. After all this pain I got idle temps 34C and load 45C, thats 4 to 5C less.

This is my $10 test case http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0257843

After removing 754 components from another case this set will be moved into that case which is very good in airflow.

Thanks man. Hope you don't mind posting my long reply.

Thanks batmang. I did some cable management (not extreme), moved the DVD drive from upper slot to lower but one slot. Pushed all the extra cables from PSU into the upper open space. Tucked the IDE cable away from the air flow area. Moved 1 HDD to upper most slot and 1 to lower most slot so air can flow from front holes (soon will add a 80mm fan). Stuck a 70mm fan on the northbridge chipset (which almost burnt my fingers). Put a 120mm silent Ultra fan down near the video card case side vent so it pushes cold air from down and when it becomes warm it will raise and pass thru the CPU cooler which is a vertical mount one and thru the back. Replaced the crappy test 500W psu to high quality Antec Trio 430W. The antec psu has special fan power connectors that will control the speed of the fans based on the load and temp inside the case. CPU heatsink has 92mm blue led SilenX quiet fan. All in all this monster has become exteme quiet and efficient. After all this pain I got idle temps 34C and load 45C, thats 4 to 5C less.

This is my $10 test case http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0257843

After removing 754 components from another case this set will be moved into that case which is very good in airflow.

Thanks man. Hope you don't mind posting my long reply.

$10! That is a good deal. And no, no problem with me if you post a long reply. I'm glad i inspired you to clean things up. BTW, where is your case gallery link, I'm interested in seeing how things look now that you describe it all. :p

Gam'ster

System Name Toshiba L350
Processor AMD QL-65
Motherboard Toshiba 780G/SB700
Cooling Laptop
Memory 3GB
Video Card(s) ATI HD3000
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 17" Widescreen
Case Black/Carbon effect
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Brick
Software WIN7
I like the clean and simple look ill be taking that route with my next case, but cathodes and led's can look really old really fast if not done properly.

But 8/10 from me, quality components and nice cable management.
Nice job :)

Gam

System Name ---
$10! That is a good deal. And no, no problem with me if you post a long reply. I'm glad i inspired you to clean things up. BTW, where is your case gallery link, I'm interested in seeing how things look now that you describe it all. :p

Still haven't finished because its only temporary. I will switch to another case and post some pics. If this actually runs cool i may leave it alone.

Yeah, I bought open box for $10 he he.

System Name ---
BTW did that AMD heatpipe cooler come with your phenom? Damn mine didn't. Came with the sucky cheap aluminum cooler.