• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Technology Analyst: Get Over Vista Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10kg2aSB8q4&feature=related

IF you used it in 99 you where using a far older version then is avalable now, thats like saying "i used explorer back in 1995" when windows explorer has evolved alot since then.

i have been using freebsd since version 3.0 was released. my gui of choice was enlightenment which didnt run very well believe it or not. instead i used fluxbox and programed the gui myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10kg2aSB8q4&feature=related

yeah so your just got pwnt for saying you gotta make things run worse on the same hardware to get nice gui fx, thats a load of crap, acctualy watch the videos, they show things people ooooo and aaaaaaahhhhh about in vista, but done without high end hardware, the first video can be done on a 266mhz p2 with 208mb ram and a 4mb trident videocard......try that with anything ms has made......

as to osx running well, yes closed platform helps, BUT osx is just a variant of bsd, and bsd if setup properly will run just as well, maby not as flashy (well till u dig around and find the mac gui/window managers that are avalable for it)

yes i have seen all the great things linux OSs can do. that isnt a surprise. that has nothing to do with my point that vista is geared to work for the average person which means sacrificing code for functionality for users and accesability for hardware manufacturers and software developers. if it were as simple as you make it out to be then MS would have surely done it by now. but microsoft has a different agenda, and it isnt to force people to buy their OS. you can buy a MAC or you can install ubuntu. both work very well in the office and at home. however both dont have the massive support infrastruture MS has.

as stated, ms makes $ on both software they sell and the hardware thats sold due to their investments in said companys, they have a vestedintrest in forcing you to buy a new computer or upgrade your current one.

yea they have a vested interest. what is your point? that microsoft shouldnt try to make money?

System Name Home/Work/Home
Processor Dual Xeon 5570 / Core i5-2.6Ghz / Dell Vostro 410 Xeon L5430
Motherboard Lenovo D20 / Dell 4110 / Vostro 410 G33 based
Cooling stock / stock / stock
Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
Video Card(s) 9800GT 512 / HD3000 / 9800GT 512 PCIE
Storage Geez Louise - a whole bunch !
Display(s) CRT Phillips Brilliance 204P
Case EATX / Laptop / Glorious Dell Vostro 410
Audio Device(s) stock / stock / stock
Power Supply stock / stock / stock
Mouse Zowie, is there another?
Keyboard Awesome Dell Natural (by Microsoft)
Software W2K3 Svr / W2K3 Svr
Benchmark Scores Alot / not so much / Working on it
Apologies goin out!

Hmm. Eyes. Check! Ears... Check! Nope, no problems there. Please don't insult my listening and visual skills. Personally, I like basing the information I give out to people from my own personal experiences. Not by what some journalist writes on a website. You can throw all the links you want at me. Fact of the matter is, It's my job to keep 20+ computers going all of which run either XP or Vista. I'm comfortable using either O/S and can make either of them run like I want. If you feel like you need to listen to the "professionals" go right ahead mate!:toast:

Erocker....Wile E....

I ask your forgiveness for my crassness in earlier posts of this thread. I am sure your tribulations with VISTA have only drawn it closer to your hearts. There is a saying in the US Military...goes something like this.....That with which you suffer most...you love most. Take my wife.....for example!

Regards,
jtleon

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/innovation

in·no·va·tion (n-vshn)
n.
1. The act of introducing something new.
2. Something newly introduced.

innovation
Noun
1. something newly introduced, such as a new method or device
2. the act of innovating

i dont see how copyed fetures of another os are innovation.........

thats like saying rubber tires are an innovation because you painted ur name on the side of them....

vista does introduce a whole slew if new features. have you seen the code? and i believe you are confusing invention with innovation. to invent something is to create something totally new while innovation is to introduce something new into something that already exists.

Megasty

Processor i7 920 @ 3.6 GHz (4.0 when gaming)
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme - Yeah I Bought It...
Cooling Swiftech.
Memory 12 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer - I Love Red
Video Card(s) ASUS EAH4870X2 - That Fan Is...!?
Storage 4 WD 1.5 TB
Display(s) 24" Sceptre
Case TT Xaser VI - Fugly, Red, & Huge...
Audio Device(s) The ASUS Thingy
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit
most of the crying i saw and heard about 2k vs 9x was due to people not understanding the os they moved to, the fact that it wasnt based on 9x at all, i had to many times explain that tho it looked the same/simlar it wasnt even close to the same under the hood.

comparing 9x with nt core is like comparing a windup toy with a sports car.........(since ppl here like car annaligys.

That's their problem. People usually only go by looks rather than performance at first. That's why they get stuck with lemons. The only thing about MS OS's are that they are junk when they first come out no matter how long they are worked on b4 release. MS has no idea how normal folks will perceive their junk. That's why they embedded feedback protocols into the newer OS's. MS gets over 10 million crash reports a day & 90% of them are for the same thing. The only way MS can make vista better is to figure out how many fault lines of code are making the same thing happen over & over again. Too bad that doesn't give them any idea on how to fix it but its a start :laugh:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Hmmm.....I feel rather sympathetic for you Wile E. I know I'm not smart...as all the experts that disagree with you!

http://www.computerweekly.com/Artic...-ignored-as-businesses-wait-for-windows-7.htm

But You keep up the good fight!!!!

LOL
jtleon

Show me, at what point, did I say that corporations should move to Vista? I'm not stupid. I know corporations have very different needs compared to home users. Changing any API can completely render their programs useless, most of which are mission critical for them.

I am, and have been, speaking of the general computer using populace.

Rebo&Zooty

Show me, at what point, did I say that corporations should move to Vista? I'm not stupid. I know corporations have very different needs compared to home users. Changing any API can completely render their programs useless, most of which are mission critical for them.

I am, and have been, speaking of the general computer using populace.

but you come off as do most vista fanatics, as saying everybody shoudl switch now and trash all older os's because vista is new and its the best.

at least thats how you come off to me from what you have said.

and ms's main $ maker is not home users, its buisness contracts, and they put out an os that big busness dosnt want, because it breaks things they need.

Rebo&Zooty

vista does introduce a whole slew if new features. have you seen the code? and i believe you are confusing invention with innovation. to invent something is to create something totally new while innovation is to introduce something new into something that already exists.

those fetures are not invented or innovated, they are COPYED, check around, its like when people like you and wileE tryed to say system restore was a great innovative microsoft invention, when they(ms) got sued over it because they flat out STOLE It from another company.........

Rebo&Zooty

Erocker....Wile E....

I ask your forgiveness for my crassness in earlier posts of this thread. I am sure your tribulations with VISTA have only drawn it closer to your hearts. There is a saying in the US Military...goes something like this.....That with which you suffer most...you love most. Take my wife.....for example!

Regards,
jtleon

no thanks you can keep her :p

(sorry m8 but i had to, you left that one wide open)

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
acctualy it dosnt REQUIER higher hardware to improove an os, as can be shown with a decent linux distro(noobuntu is effectivly vista in linux flavor.....heavy on resorces and slow)

check out vectorlinux soho unsing enlitenment, if you want a flashy gui, its got it, if you want speed even on OLD ASS HARDWARE that wouldnt even run windows XP, guess what YOU GOT IT!!!! no joke, i have done it, and it works, so this "you need to force hardware upgrades to add fetures/functionality/accessability.

fact is MS COULD DO IT, but they dont because they want to insure you buy a new puter every couple years, and this is im sure enlarge to keep their pockets full, not just via hardware sales but you know that the higher up's in ms do invest in hardware maker stocks, so its good for them if your forced to buy 16gb ram and a 4ghz quadcore and a 500gb, as well as a 512mb dx10 videocard in order to run their next os, because it insures they make money off the software and off then investments in hardware makers, woot woot guess thats all for the best in your eyes tho.

hell even bill gates effectivly admited that vista sucks, need proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2zqRc1jvs

yeah, thats a ringing indorcement for their new os aint it, the owner of the company effectivly saying it sucks and is unpolished.........

you dont read well do you?

under xp IF ms dissabled video output the would be open to lawsuits and WOULD LOOSE, the eula dosnt allow it, under vista it does and it also allows "degraded playback" of media if ms/mpaa/riaa dont like your hardware, for the love of god READ what i said.

as to corp users, alot of people cant deal with their home system and work system being diffrent, you got no idea how many people i have seen get their vista machien put back to xp simply because they cant deal with the diffrances, im not saying ppl like us couldnt, but alot of computer MORONS/AOL users cant coap with things not being the same in both places, i even heard one lady at best buy paying geek squad to install xp for her say that was her reasion, she liked vistas look, but couldnt deal with how diffrent it was from her system at work, so she bought xp online and payed geeksquad like 280bucks to install it for her(stupid ppl make geeksquad rich......)

but you dont see that, you see, "vista is newer, so vista is better, woot woot for vista, everybody should change now!!!"

Also something about xp, im not an xp fan, its been a headake for me to deal withdue to botched critical hotfixes (untested shit that breaks drivers or bsod loops ppls systems) but its still better then the experiance with vista i have had to date, and if you read its EULA, well the xp eula is far more forgiving and kind to the end user then vista's.

you know in vista you arent even allowed to "trouble shoot" os spicific problems/limmitations and find workarounds? yeah thats in there, if you do that, you just broke your contract and they can dissable your system if they like leaving you with a very expencive paperweight.....NICE!!!!

who cares? its stupid to "upgrade" anyway, you just endup with more problems and a buggyer slower system if you do an "upgrade" from one version of windows to another.....

because even he feels vista is unpolished crap?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2zqRc1jvs

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=3223&x=19&y=8

try till 4/8/2014

You can argue all you want, but full definition video is disabled with BD in XP if you don't either have full HDCP compliant hardware, or unless you remove the drm. There was also a workaround by using VGA connectors instead of DVI on both OSes, but I'm not sure that still works. I don't give a shit what the EULA says, that's the way it is.

And I'm tired of this argument with you. Yeah, we get it, you don't like Vista. But you still haven't provided anything valid to prove it's a bad OS. You can bash Vista all you want. The fact is, you don't have much experience with it. All you are doing is rehashing things you've heard on the internet, most of which, like buggy code and instability, has been taken care of. So have the performance issues. The only valid point brought up in this thread so far, is the way Vista handles audio.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
those fetures are not invented or innovated, they are COPYED, check around, its like when people like you and wileE tryed to say system restore was a great innovative microsoft invention, when they(ms) got sued over it because they flat out STOLE It from another company.........

im sure some lines are copied, but that doesnt mean the whole OS is a copy. also, i never said system restore was good. i never use system restore. and companies shouldnt steal from one another. btw, i am not a vista fan boy. i only use vista because of dx 10 support ( a point i have made abundantly clear in a number of other 'vista sucks' posts.) i am not even a microsoft fan boy. i will however argue with people who think vista sucks. if you dont like it then that is fine. you dont have to use it, just continue to use XP or try a MAC or linux. or you can write your own OS. what i dont like is how some people think it is sooooo easy to put together an OS that not only is easy to use for the PC newb and powerful enough for the PC veteran, but also supports every single chipset made and about to be made and every bit of hardware created. and to continue that support for years and years while developing updates and created a new operating system geared for the next generation. the author of the article is right. get over your vista hate!

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
And I'm tired of this argument with you. Yeah, we get it, you don't like Vista. But you still haven't provided anything valid to prove it's a bad OS. You can bash Vista all you want. The fact is, you don't have much experience with it. All you are doing is rehashing things you've heard on the internet, most of which, like buggy code and instability, has been taken care of. So have the performance issues. The only valid point brought up in this thread so far, is the way Vista handles audio.

wile e, you forgot the most important reason vista sucks. because it is microsoft :laugh: i guess some people just have an axe to grind.

Rebo&Zooty

You can argue all you want, but full definition video is disabled with BD in XP if you don't either have full HDCP compliant hardware, or you remove the drm. There was also a workaround by using VGA connectors instead of DVI on both OSes, but I'm not sure that still works. I don't give a shit what the EULA says, that's the way it is.

its only dissabled with windows media player under pre vista os's and you cant play dvd or bd content with WMP unless you buy a 3rd party decoder because ms dosnt include one with the os, i have seen full quility 1080p movies played off a pre vista laptop onto an hdtv using the dvi port NO hdmi support in this laptop mind you, just windvd installed, no anydvd or the like no cracking, just an external db drive(usb) connected to the laptop and windvd8 used for playback(windvd 7 also works but they guy got 8 free with the bd drive)

so your xp is as limmited in media playback unless u crack it line of shit isnt working here.....

as to the vga thing, yes it still works using a VGA cable was a consession the mpaa had to make because ms pointed out they couldnt force people to buy monotors that where hdcp enabled, ms acctualy did something smart in that case, because alot of people would have told them where to stick it if they couldnt use their current monotor(if i spent 500-600bucks on a 22-24in high range crt and was told i had to buy another one because the mpaa said so....well u can guess what i and most of us would say....well other then you, you would just happly run out and get an hdmi/hdcp monotor)

oh and wileE you also fail to note that when they lock down playback quility via windows patches based on videocard or drivers not being approved, this effects ALL content, be it home movies, anime, or fraps stuff you yourself recorded, so it would effect you even if you dont have an HD player/drive in your system(b4 any of you twats try and point out that HD-DVD is dead, yes i know i ment HD as in High Def, that covers HD-DVD, BluRay and some other formats as well.)

i know i need to use vista for a year b4 i have a right to say anything bad about it.....fuck that.

System Name Home/Work/Home
Processor Dual Xeon 5570 / Core i5-2.6Ghz / Dell Vostro 410 Xeon L5430
Motherboard Lenovo D20 / Dell 4110 / Vostro 410 G33 based
Cooling stock / stock / stock
Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
Video Card(s) 9800GT 512 / HD3000 / 9800GT 512 PCIE
Storage Geez Louise - a whole bunch !
Display(s) CRT Phillips Brilliance 204P
Case EATX / Laptop / Glorious Dell Vostro 410
Audio Device(s) stock / stock / stock
Power Supply stock / stock / stock
Mouse Zowie, is there another?
Keyboard Awesome Dell Natural (by Microsoft)
Software W2K3 Svr / W2K3 Svr
Benchmark Scores Alot / not so much / Working on it
Did MS reinstate OpenGL Support in Vista?

Can anyone confirm that VISTA SP1 now supports OpenGL? I had heard otherwise.

Regards,
jtleon

D

Deleted member 24505

Dunno,but i did find this pic of some windows bog roll to give you vista hters a laugh.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Can anyone confirm that VISTA SP1 now supports OpenGL? I had heard otherwise.

Regards,
jtleon
OpenGL has been working in Vista.

Rebo&Zooty

im sure some lines are copied, but that doesnt mean the whole OS is a copy. also, i never said system restore was good. i never use system restore. and companies shouldnt steal from one another. btw, i am not a vista fan boy. i only use vista because of dx 10 support ( a point i have made abundantly clear in a number of other 'vista sucks' posts.) i am not even a microsoft fan boy. i will however argue with people who think vista sucks. if you dont like it then that is fine. you dont have to use it, just continue to use XP or try a MAC or linux. or you can write your own OS. what i dont like is how some people think it is sooooo easy to put together an OS that not only is easy to use for the PC newb and powerful enough for the PC veteran, but also supports every single chipset made and about to be made and every bit of hardware created. and to continue that support for years and years while developing updates and created a new operating system geared for the next generation. the author of the article is right. get over your vista hate!

i didnt mean you spicificly i ment people like you and him who insist newer is better......

its not that i hate vista, i hate how vista works and feels, IF they where to get it out of the "feels like a beta" stages i wouldnt mind it, but i CANT stand how clunky it feels, yes even after sp1 i have used it on my buddys lappy(he had me update it since his home net is 128k dsl and my nets 5mbit) it still to me feels unpolished, like its not quite there, i know, i must not have ever used it in order to not like it tho........

as to copyed code, i didnt mean it copyed lines or code, but your talking as if fetures ms emplimented where new exciting ms inventions, and ms dosnt invent or innovate 99% of the time, they COPY, i used system restore as an expample because its the easyist one to point out that EVERYBODY knows about, ms got sued over it, they flat out copyed it and put that copy in ME then tweaked it a bit and put it in xp..........it was harolded by mags and online sites and forums posters as an incrediable innovation/invention, but it wasnt even a good copy job, as the 3rd party software had less buggs and didnt lockdown and backup viruses(if a backup was infected you could clean it!!!)

i understand better then most why windows has the issues it has, back in the super7 and socketA days the biggist plauge on me and the shops i worked for where cheap via based motherboards, jesus, 99/100 times if somebody brought in a buggy amd system it was because the board was a cheap(or in some cases expencive) via based board, swap it out for any other chipset and bam no more problems.........

and i have said for years that the only reasion that mac's use to have less problems then cheap/poorly built pc's was that they had VERY limmited hardware, yet in my experiance they had just as many problems as a decently built pc, if not more due to their os being a PITA.....

god i dont miss those days, at least today via isnt making chipsets for amd market, and the few being used are "ok" as long as u dont tweak them ;)

If vista ever gets to a point where to me it dosnt feel clunky and most of my apps will work, then i will use it, till then, why would i want to trade rock solid stable and fast for vista?

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
its only dissabled with windows media player under pre vista os's and you cant play dvd or bd content with WMP unless you buy a 3rd party decoder because ms dosnt include one with the os, i have seen full quility 1080p movies played off a pre vista laptop onto an hdtv using the dvi port NO hdmi support in this laptop mind you, just windvd installed, no anydvd or the like no cracking, just an external db drive(usb) connected to the laptop and windvd8 used for playback(windvd 7 also works but they guy got 8 free with the bd drive)

so your xp is as limmited in media playback unless u crack it line of shit isnt working here.....

as to the vga thing, yes it still works using a VGA cable was a consession the mpaa had to make because ms pointed out they couldnt force people to buy monotors that where hdcp enabled, ms acctualy did something smart in that case, because alot of people would have told them where to stick it if they couldnt use their current monotor(if i spent 500-600bucks on a 22-24in high range crt and was told i had to buy another one because the mpaa said so....well u can guess what i and most of us would say....well other then you, you would just happly run out and get an hdmi/hdcp monotor)

oh and wileE you also fail to note that when they lock down playback quility via windows patches based on videocard or drivers not being approved, this effects ALL content, be it home movies, anime, or fraps stuff you yourself recorded, so it would effect you even if you dont have an HD player/drive in your system(b4 any of you twats try and point out that HD-DVD is dead, yes i know i ment HD as in High Def, that covers HD-DVD, BluRay and some other formats as well.)

i know i need to use vista for a year b4 i have a right to say anything bad about it.....fuck that.
You are just wrong. I've also seen it with my own 2 eyes that HD playback does not work in XP without HDCP (not HDMI) hardware. It happens on my secondary system. I just chose to defeat the drm, rather than buying an HDCP monitor. Most HDTVs are HDCP compatible. It's also possible that his lappy supports HDCP. HDCP works over DVI as well.

And I have yet to see any other content blocked on Vista, other than DRM content. That's just a load of BS.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Dunno,but i did find this pic of some windows bog roll to give you vista hters a laugh.

I just want the Quad Core in the back!!!!

I've tried Vista in early October, with a AMD 3000+ and x1650 pro... I got it running, but the card got so hot that it was bsod every 15 mins of it running.... But, when I set up my new rig, I haven't turned back... I went xp for a few weeks because I was testing something.... but I rather have Vista, and won't tell another person not to. Its something new that you have to get a handle with... I'm a Chef at a Hospital... Every 3 months I have to change the way I do things because of how HCA thinks things are... So, learning a new os was cake walk compared to how many steps it takes to cut piece of meat..

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
i didnt mean you spicificly i ment people like you and him who insist newer is better......

its not that i hate vista, i hate how vista works and feels, IF they where to get it out of the "feels like a beta" stages i wouldnt mind it, but i CANT stand how clunky it feels, yes even after sp1 i have used it on my buddys lappy(he had me update it since his home net is 128k dsl and my nets 5mbit) it still to me feels unpolished, like its not quite there, i know, i must not have ever used it in order to not like it tho........

as to copyed code, i didnt mean it copyed lines or code, but your talking as if fetures ms emplimented where new exciting ms inventions, and ms dosnt invent or innovate 99% of the time, they COPY, i used system restore as an expample because its the easyist one to point out that EVERYBODY knows about, ms got sued over it, they flat out copyed it and put that copy in ME then tweaked it a bit and put it in xp..........it was harolded by mags and online sites and forums posters as an incrediable innovation/invention, but it wasnt even a good copy job, as the 3rd party software had less buggs and didnt lockdown and backup viruses(if a backup was infected you could clean it!!!)

i understand better then most why windows has the issues it has, back in the super7 and socketA days the biggist plauge on me and the shops i worked for where cheap via based motherboards, jesus, 99/100 times if somebody brought in a buggy amd system it was because the board was a cheap(or in some cases expencive) via based board, swap it out for any other chipset and bam no more problems.........

and i have said for years that the only reasion that mac's use to have less problems then cheap/poorly built pc's was that they had VERY limmited hardware, yet in my experiance they had just as many problems as a decently built pc, if not more due to their os being a PITA.....

god i dont miss those days, at least today via isnt making chipsets for amd market, and the few being used are "ok" as long as u dont tweak them ;)

If vista ever gets to a point where to me it dosnt feel clunky and most of my apps will work, then i will use it, till then, why would i want to trade rock solid stable and fast for vista?

i agree that vista is not perfect. give it 2-3 more years and it will be very close. it took that long for XP to get that way. but by then windows 7 may be out so who knows. that is fine that you dont use vista since you dont like it, but i havnt had any real problems with it so i use it. mainly because i like dx 10 gaming. the good news is that linux distros are making serious inroads in the OS department. maybe in 4-5 years we will have an actual contender to take down microsoft from their OS pedistal.

kylew

Processor Main: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.7Ghz / Server: Q6600@ Stock
Motherboard Main: Asus P5E @ Rampage Forumla / Server: P5K Deluxe
Cooling Main: Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme (8 x 120mm fans inc. PSU + 2 x 92mm fans.) / Server: Stock
Memory Main: 4x2GB Gskill DDR2 1000Mhz / Server: 4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800Mhz
Video Card(s) Main: 2GB 5870 Eyefinity 6 / Server: HD 4850
Storage 8 Internal (SATA) 2 External (USB). Total storage 5.4TB
Display(s) Triple Dell 24" 2408WFP
Case Main: Silverstone TJ07 / Server: Coolermaster Stacker 810
Audio Device(s) Main: Auzentech Xmystique / Server: NI Rig Kontrol
Power Supply Main: Coolermaster Realpower 850w Modular / Server Tagan 600W Modular
Software Main: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / Server: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark 06 19.5k 3D Mark Vantage 12.5k Super PI 13.4s

kylew

Cooling Main: Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme (8 x 120mm fans inc. PSU + 2 x 92mm fans.) / Server: Stock
Power Supply Main: Coolermaster Realpower 850w Modular / Server Tagan 600W Modular
somebody get me some of that!!!!

You do realise that it's most probably made from tracing paper? Are you sure you want that? Maybe you need to wipe all that BS from around your mouth.

Rebo&Zooty

Wow, some people just don't understand that their opinion is NOT fact, just an opinion, a misguided, misinformed and biased opinion. :shadedshu

maby you need to look in the mirror, everything you said there applys to you from our point of view..

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
I have NO intention in reading this entire thread. I wil say though, that I've been running Vista Ultimate 64bit for the last month. I have found it quite fast and efficient. No problems or lags at all. It also looks better than XP ever did. Just my 2 cents. I do run XP on my second rig though, just in case.

kylew

What's funny is how people are bashing vista so badly, yet the people who are defending it aren't actually saying anything against XP. People need to seriously get over this, it's an OS, we're not talking about taking your air from you and giving you CO2 to breathe instead. :rolleyes: I think it's pretty safe to say that most of the bashers really haven't used vista, and they're going off what they've read on the internet. The only issue vista has would be the way it handles audio, as already mentioned, and that's not even an issue to me. If you actually used vista, you'd realise it's very stable, and can avoid crashes very easily. The only BSODs I get with vista are when something's faulty, or I've overclocked too high. Everything else is solid, and if something crashes, vista will recover or stop it. If you people applied this mentality in life, you'd end up getting heavily laughed at, or sectioned for believing your opinion is the ultimate fact regardless of your level of experience with said thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.