• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crytek Has No Plans to Further Patch Crysis

System Name The Netbook
Processor Intel Atom n270
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x86
It failed because everyone told their friends it sucked because they don't have a $1000 brand new computer... And make that a $2000 computer if they bought some random pre-fab.....

Honestly the game itself isn't even that good, multiplayer is okay, but its either you have a pretty good system that can play it well and you have a massive advantage over the slower systems that are lucky to play in 1024x768 at 20fps....

I enjoyed the single player until the final fight, it just got a little ridiculous with the lag and the final boss was just too easy.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
I think the sales of the game were poor due to the direct fact that the game is so damn demanding. It requires too much and even if you have some of the best hardware you still can't run the game at max (besides a handful of people).

Put this way. PC Gamer gave Crysis a 99% but they also said the game is horribly demanding on your PC (and you better have a really good PC). You can make a game that has a cool story line and great innovative game mechanics but that in no way means it will go anywhere if people can run it the way they would wish.

In summary, Crysis is a benchmark app with production values.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Blaming the poor sales on that and calling it "piracy" is retarded. If anything it saved Crytek's ass because if most people (including myself) bought the game and found out that they would get 10FPS avg on their rigs they would never buy another game from crytek again.
You can't release a game that has reasonable low "requirements" yet still plays like crap on super high end systems.

hey - if you downloaded the Razor .iso and installed it, you took part in piracy - no if, ands or buts - so on that point, we can still kinda blame "piracy" . . . but that's why I clarified my usage of ther term in my last post, as we all kinda think of something different when we hear that word.

you do bring up another good point as well - word of mouth. Especially on tech sites like here who were all over the Razor .iso like flies to a pile of shit (pun intended).

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
Speaking of games and hardware...I believe DOOM3 brought damn near every system to its knees when it first came out..:eek:..Bottom line here? In order to play the "latest and greatest games" you probably need an "upgrade".:( That has been the formula in this racket for years..:confused:..The difference between the two games? At least DOOM was consistant from beginning to end..:)..Crysis on the other hand started out great, then at the last 1/3 was awful..:wtf:..I can overlook my hardware limitations (as low as 15 FPS in some spots, although still playable) if the game is consistantly good from start to finish... Not start out very good and nicely polished for the first 2/3 of the game, then crappy during the last because the guy's making it lose interest or are rushed to get it out..:mad: What is even more enteresting is that I experienced most of the low FPS during the very last of the game, where the graphics and storyline were at their worst...and obviously rushed...LOL...go figure

Last edited:
System Name The Netbook
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
If I remember right though the "reccomended" specs for Crysis were any dual core CPU, Geforce 8 series, and two gigs of ram, then obviously Vista for DX10. However my old rig had a Athlon x2 4200 (OC 2.75) two gigs of ram (then later four) and a 7900GS (500mhz core) (which is better than all of the 8series cards up to the 8800GT) I was using XP x64 and I still was getting ridiculous lag with medium settings on 1024/768.
That was only the begining of the game too, I didn't play it for more than an hour on that rig.
Doom wasn't like that, if your computer met the reccomended specs you could play it with reasonable FPS

Processor c2d e8400@ 3.8ghz 24/7
Motherboard Abit IP-35e 80$ lol
Cooling zalman cnps9700 led
Memory 2 x 2 gig patriot viper
Video Card(s) evga Gtx 285 oc
Storage 2 x 300gig sata seagate 7200.10 in raid 0/ 1.5TB for backup
Display(s) acer 24" TFT LCD AL2416WBSD
Case Antec 902
Audio Device(s) XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro series
Power Supply ocz gamextreme 700w
Software windows 7 ultimate
If I remember right though the "reccomended" specs for Crysis were any dual core CPU, Geforce 8 series, and two gigs of ram, then obviously Vista for DX10. However my old rig had a Athlon x2 4200 (OC 2.75) two gigs of ram (then later four) and a 7900GS (500mhz core) (which is better than all of the 8series cards up to the 8800GT)

Are you serious , or joking about the 7900GS (500mhz core) (which is better than all of the 8series cards up to the 8800GT)? :roll: :slap:

System Name The Netbook
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Are you serious , or joking about the 7900GS (500mhz core) (which is better than all of the 8series cards up to the 8800GT)? :roll: :slap:

I don't see why you should be laughing, unless you're one of the people that think the 8600GTS is better.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
I don't see why you should be laughing, unless you're one of the people that think the 8600GTS is better.

LOL 8600GTS clocked smokes a 7900, smokes it sideways if its the Rev2.

System Name The Netbook
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Rev 2 wasn't out at the Release of Crysis

Davidelmo

Processor Intel i7 920 @4.20Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58 UD5
Cooling Titan Fenrir
Memory 6Gb Patriot 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI HD4870 1Gb
Storage 2x250Gb Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0) plus 2B storage
Display(s) Samsung 22 inch Widescreen
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Auzen Prelude 7.1
Power Supply PCP&P 750W Silencer
Software Win7 beta
Thing is, I enjoyed Crysis while I played it. But then I played COD4 and realised just how much better COD4 is.

Crysis has lots of problems - poor performance and optimisation. I agree it looks amazing, but it is still poorly optimised IMO.. especially once the ice kicks in, my fps dropped by almost 50%... there's no reason for tha whatsoever. I also had to even reduce the settings and resolution to make the last level play smoothly.

Also, the game is kinda... well... boring. There's nothing terribly new about it. The suit gives some good gameplay elements but they should have had more indoor environments (i.e. the ship looked FANTASTIC inside.) Wandering through the jungle killing koreans is fun, but repetitive. I also HATED the zero-gravity mission.. I absolutely hated it.

Needs more weapons and a better weapon balance. Why have the SCAR since ammo runs out after about the first level? Why have that stupid disposable rocket launcher than only holds 3 shots? Why does the silencer turn a rifle into a pea shooter?

Also needs more bad guys. The korean guys are pretty dumb, with bad AI.. a lot of the time they just stand there getting shot... even on the hardest difficulty. The ninja guys are annoying but there are only about 5 in the whole game. They're not smart and don't do anything special.. they just soak up more bullets. The aliens are annoying too and not fun to battle at all.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Thing is, I enjoyed Crysis while I played it. But then I played COD4 and realised just how much better COD4 is.

Crysis has lots of problems - poor performance and optimisation. I agree it looks amazing, but it is still poorly optimised IMO.. especially once the ice kicks in, my fps dropped by almost 50%... there's no reason for tha whatsoever. I also had to even reduce the settings and resolution to make the last level play smoothly.

Also, the game is kinda... well... boring. There's nothing terribly new about it. The suit gives some good gameplay elements but they should have had more indoor environments (i.e. the ship looked FANTASTIC inside.) Wandering through the jungle killing koreans is fun, but repetitive. I also HATED the zero-gravity mission.. I absolutely hated it.

Needs more weapons and a better weapon balance. Why have the SCAR since ammo runs out after about the first level? Why have that stupid disposable rocket launcher than only holds 3 shots? Why does the silencer turn a rifle into a pea shooter?

Also needs more bad guys. The korean guys are pretty dumb, with bad AI.. a lot of the time they just stand there getting shot... even on the hardest difficulty. The ninja guys are annoying but there are only about 5 in the whole game. They're not smart and don't do anything special.. they just soak up more bullets. The aliens are annoying too and not fun to battle at all.

I agree, although, the one thing that I did find enjoyable about Crysis was that you could challenge yourself further by use of the suit modes.

For example - all stealth . . . you can keep the SCAR without ever having to ditch it until well into/after Ascention. Grab Jester's ammo at the beginning of Recovery and you're good until the beginning of Assault, where you can max out your ammo right after climbing off the VTOL with Psycho. TBH, I think the SCAR is probably the best sniper-esque weapon in the game. If you take the time to plan your attacks and stealthfully snipe one guy at a time, the ammo will last forever . . . unless you happen across an AI spawn point and don't realize it . . .

I'm halfway considering starting another game just to see how far I can go with just the SCAR and two pistols :D

As to the rocket launcher - the only useful purpose I really had for it was downing AI choppers - two direct hits will pull them birds from the sky. They're leathal if the spot you or have a vague idea of where you're camping.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
They're leathal if the spot you or have a vague idea of where you're camping.

I outran one lol. The game got really confused and was messing up haha. It tried relentlessly to kill me b/c I wasn't following the story/paths and I was eventually able to get away after many reloads. I got back into the linear story and was able to move on to the next level.

I ran until I hit a lake and then took a boat over a big water fall, if that helps out with the point in the game I was at. I'm surprised it let me survive the fall, but that suit does wonders haha.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
I outran one lol. The game got really confused and was messing up haha. It tried relentlessly to kill me b/c I wasn't following the story/paths and I was eventually able to get away after many reloads. I got back into the linear story and was able to move on to the next level.

I ran until I hit a lake and then took a boat over a big water fall, if that helps out with the point in the game I was at. I'm surprised it let me survive the fall, but that suit does wonders haha.

LOL! I know exactly where you're talking about - I did the same thing, gunned the boat over the falls to escape the copter - jumped in mid air turning stealth mode on, and once under water I swam underneath the boat as it drifted down the stream

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
LOL! I know exactly where you're talking about - I did the same thing, gunned the boat over the falls to escape the copter - jumped in mid air turning stealth mode on, and once under water I swam underneath the boat as it drifted down the stream

Did it feel like it was messing up to you? B/c I don't think you're ever supposed to get away from the choppers and I'm pretty sure that wasn't the right path to take haha.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Did it feel like it was messing up to you? B/c I don't think you're ever supposed to get away from the choppers and I'm pretty sure that wasn't the right path to take haha.

when I went through that, it seemed alright - but this was when I was already supposed to be headed down river, anyhow, towards extraction.

The first time through that little area, when headed towards excavation, I had a hell of a time taking down a chopper. Even hiding in stealth mode, I kept taking a friggin RPG from it and having to reload - it's like it could see me even though I was cloaked, and the alert status at the lower left of the HUD was green with no AI alert.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
when I went through that, it seemed alright - but this was when I was already supposed to be headed down river, anyhow, towards extraction.

The first time through that little area, when headed towards excavation, I had a hell of a time taking down a chopper. Even hiding in stealth mode, I kept taking a friggin RPG from it and having to reload - it's like it could see me even though I was cloaked, and the alert status at the lower left of the HUD was green with no AI alert.

Yeah, I had that same problem towards extraction. I attracted a chopper right away and it pissed me off, so that's when I ran the whole way to the boat and it started acting funny. I guess there was just an AI glitch in that area of the map/game.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Yeah, I had that same problem towards extraction. I attracted a chopper right away and it pissed me off, so that's when I ran the whole way to the boat and it started acting funny. I guess there was just an AI glitch in that area of the map/game.

possible - I don't think the AI was coded all that well in the game

and many reactions don't seem reasonable - my favorite AI reaction . . . driving a vehicle with cloak mode on into a group of AI and they stand their like "Dude! WTF is up with that Hummer?! You think I should fire some rounds at it and see if it'll stop? Like, OMG! Possed or something!!"

You might get one AI to fire at you, while the rest are stoopified.

Processor AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.825ghz 1.36v
Motherboard ASRock x370 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-C14s
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti
Display(s) LG 4k IPS
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 + more fans
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA P2 750w
Mouse G900
Keyboard G810
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hey guys not sure if this has already been posted, but if not, then your forgetting a important point. Now about if Cryteks complaint about piracy is correct and it truly is to blame for all this, and if the PC gaming industry is really doomed, why then is Valve laughing?. If it was like this for the whole industry I would be inclined to believe Crytek, but thats not what is happening. EA is holding back developers from getting in on the trend of Steam and at this point Steam is almost a standard.

EA needs to quit trying to host their own lame system and join up with Steam to make a brighter future for both developers AND gamers.