• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ex-Intel Employee Charged with Stealing Sensitive Information En Route AMD

Haha nice. I would love to see what would happen to Intel if AMD got hold and used those documents. I'm off to my alternate reality traveling machine...
AMD would be hit with a law suit, they would close down for federal investigation ect ect ect
Exactly and I'm sure Intel would make sure they were hit hard. Especially with this much evidence out.

I know it happens but bad AMD. They knew it was happening, they should have known better than to allow something that stupid.

jbunch07

Processor i5-2500k
Motherboard ASRock z68 pro3-m
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory Kingston HyperX 8GB 2 x 4GB 1600mhz
Storage OCZ Agility3 60GB(boot) 2x320GB Raid0(storage)
Display(s) Samsung 24" 1920x1200
Case Custom
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling 750w
Software Win 7 x64
I don know how i missed this post. This is somewhat funny. I bet that guy really wishes he did not do that.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
Exactly and I'm sure Intel would make sure they were hit hard. Especially with this much evidence out.

I know it happens but bad AMD. They knew it was happening, they should have known better than to allow something that stupid.

they may have been told he quit working for intel, this dude may have been playing sides of the fence and i doubt AMD is going to use anything.

System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Processor E8400 @4.4 GHz - FSB @550 MHZ
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl)
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x1GB Geil BlckDrgn 800 @1158 5-5-5-18
Video Card(s) 8800GT 512MB @740/1782/2080
Storage Hitachi T7K250 250GB & 7200.10 Seagate 250GB
Display(s) Gateway FPD1975W 19" Widescreen
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) Xi-FI Xtreme Audio
Power Supply CoolerMaster IGreen 500W
Software XP Home SP3
Benchmark Scores SuperPi: 10.563 Sciencemark: 2563.14
The affidavit says that in may, Pani told his supervisors that he was unhappy with because he missed his wife who worked at an Intel facility in California.
This line does not make sense.

HAL7000

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling stock
Memory Mushkin eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Video Card(s) X1900GT
Storage SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2004C 200GB
Display(s) Acer AL2051W 20" 8ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor
Case IN WIN IW-F430.RL Red
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy gamers edition
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad - Copper
Software XP Pro w/SP3
AMD isn't that stupid, Pani's claim was he was assisting his wife prepare for her job at the Intel Hudson plant. He claims innocence....lol
AMD so far is clear based on the FBI report and investigation. We ought not blame AMD for this guys stupidity. This guy looks to be a lone asshole that wanted to capitalize on his former position once he gain headway in AMD.
For punishment he deserves the Mojave experiment torture...5 years of watching the same commercial about stupidity that he himself followed.

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
isnt this how microsoft got started basically?

75% of those documents were probably garbage, and AMD knew about them anyways.

If AMD really wanted the inside scoop on intel, they would have somebody working on the inside, which im sure they do... just like intel has somebody working on the inside of AMD....

intel could sue this guy, i guess, but intel is no different than mcdonalds.... and amd is no different than buger king.... if i quit mcdonalds, and go to burger king, i could bring with me important knowledge and blueprints for cheeseburgers... but what good would it do me, both companies already know how to make cheeseburgers--it's all in marketing anyways....

come on, what a lame story... cry, intel....

they may have been told he quit working for intel, this dude may have been playing sides of the fence and i doubt AMD is going to use anything.
Still showing up with a laptop full of Intel info that happens to have access to Intel servers as well. I guess none of it adds up enough for me to believe the lone gun idea. They may not use any of the info in their architectures but it does give them an advantage in preparing a counter before hand.
AMD isn't that stupid, Pani's claim was he was assisting his wife prepare for her job at the Intel Hudson plant. He claims innocence....lol
AMD so far is clear based on the FBI report and investigation. We ought not blame AMD for this guys stupidity. This guy looks to be a lone asshole that wanted to capitalize on his former position once he gain headway in AMD.
For punishment he deserves the Mojave experiment torture...5 years of watching the same commercial about stupidity that he himself followed.
LoL!
isnt this how microsoft got started basically?
Yes but on the same note, its also how Jobs/Apple got started (or maybe I should say successful). Xerox had GUI, mouse, printer, etc before anyone else did. Jobs just convinced them it was already out dated. . .