||Jun 23, 2006 11:57 PM
Creatives introduces new Media player - the Zen V
Creative (Nasdaq: CREAF) the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products, today introduces a new small & beautiful way to FIND YOUR ZEN - the ZEN V Plus MP3, photo and video player with built-in FM radio.
Amazingly small and lightweight, the ZEN V Plus is ergonomically designed to put music, pictures and video right at the user's fingertips. So compact it can even fit the coin pocket of a pair of jeans, the ZEN V Plus has such great curves and contours and is so lightweight that people will almost forget it's there - except for its phenomenal sound quality! Its beautiful 1.5-inch colour OLED screen displays stunning digital photos, video and colour menus.
“We designed the ZEN V Plus to provide an incredible user experience - it's a player that you don't want to put down once you hold it in your hand,” says Sim Wong Hoo, chairman and CEO of Creative. “We developed the ZEN V Plus with a look and a user experience that create the true feeling of ZEN. Photos and videos and our patented ZEN user interface look so vivid on the stunning colour screen and the sound quality is awesome, it's surprising for such a tiny player.”
The ZEN V Plus supports music subscription services such as Napster To Go and Audible audio books. It also includes a line-in port for direct recording from a CD player or other audio device, and a voice recorder for capturing notes on the go.
The ZEN V Plus includes all of the following features:
- Its smooth contours and tiny size enable it to fit naturally in the fingertips. It can be tucked away easily in a small pocket or purse. Available in scratch-resistant glossy black with colour accents, it looks as great as it feels.
- Special coating on the entire player to help prevent scratching.
- Vibrant 1.5-inch OLED screen for stunning video, photos and album art.
- Support for music subscription services and Audible audio books.
- Built-in FM radio with 32 station presets.
- A voice recorder for capturing notes or lectures.
- Syncs with Microsoft Outlook - includes a built-in organiser with calendar, contacts and tasks.
- Direct CD recording with line-in connection and a Sync Track button to separate different songs recorded from an entire CD.
- ZEN patented user interface for intuitively accessing music, photos, video and colour menus and displaying album art.
In addition to a soon-to-be announced custom docking speaker system, a variety of optional accessories will be available in August, including:
- Black or white armband, ideal for exercising.
- Multi-coloured silicone skins to personalize the cool design.
- Closed cases to protect the players.
- Wired remote and power adapters for expanded versatility.
The ZEN V Plus will be available in August with the 4GB model in glossy black with blue accents, the 2GB model in glossy black with green accents, and the 1GB model in glossy black with orange accents.
ZEN V model
Creative has also introduced the ZEN V, with all of the features of the ZEN V Plus except video and FM playback. Also available in August the Zen V 4GB model will be glossy black with blue accents, the 2GB model in glossy black with green accents and the 1GB model in glossy black with orange accents.