Creative Launches the HN-900 and Aurvana X-Fi 2 Active Noise-Canceling Headphones
Creative Technology Ltd today announced the new Creative HN-900 headphones, which utilize active noise cancellation to reduce ambient noise by up to 85 percent. The Creative HN-900 headphones also feature an in-line microphone and switch for convenient one-click voice communication on the iPhone, and 40 mm Neodymium drivers and gold-plated plugs for outstanding audio playback. Dual-mode usage allows active noise-cancellation for up to 40 hours by a single AAA alkaline battery or in passive mode without power.
Creative today also introduced the Aurvana X-Fi 2 Noise-Canceling Headphones, which utilize active noise cancellation to reduce ambient noise by up to 90 percent, and feature X-Fi audio technology for improved sound quality and a virtual surround sound effect that is ideal for watching in-flight entertainment.
The Creative X-Fi Crystalizer utilizes algorithms to make any digital audio sound better by intelligently and selectively restoring the highs and lows that were lost during MP3 or other compression. The Creative X-Fi CMSS-3D virtually transforms stereo headphone playback into the more immersive listening experience of a surround sound speaker system. Users can independently select noise cancellation, X-Fi Crystalizer, X-Fi CMSS-3D and volume with convenient controls on the headphones. All of the technologies can be enjoyed together for up to nine hours from two AAA batteries. The headphones can also be used without audio technologies in passive mode.
Technical Specifications of the Creative HN-900
- 40 mm Neodymium magnet drivers
- Frequency Response of 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Noise Reduction Level of -18 dB (85%)
- Impedance of 290 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz of 100 dB/mW
- Frequency Response of 100 Hz ~ 10 kHz
- Impedance of <2.2 kohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz of -38 dBV/Pa
- Cable length of 1.5m detachable with inline microphone
- Approximate battery life of up to 40 hours from 1 x AAA alkaline battery.
- Product weight of 168 grams
Technical Specifications of the Creative Aurvana X-Fi 2
- 40 mm Neodymium magnet drivers
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Noise Reduction Level: 20 dB
- Impedance: 450 ohms (on), 72 ohms (off)
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 105 dB/mW (on), 95 dB/mW (off)
- Oxygen-Free Copper cables
- Gold-plated connectors, including airline adapter
- 1.5m (5 ft) standard cable and 1.5m (5 ft) extension (iPhone compatible)
The Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones are now available at creative.com and InMotion Entertainment at the suggested retail price of US$99.99. The Creative Aurvana X-Fi noise-canceling headphones will be available in February 2012 at the suggested retail price of US$199.99.
If it's Creative it's more than likely junk in a nice package!! Their customer support blows and their wireless headphones usually don't last more than a year, battery wise. Trying to get a replacement is painful, spend a little more and get a quality product elsewhere. Just my .02 cents. :toast:
Believe or not my creative Fatality headset is still working after more than 3 years of service, and despite some reservations about Creative's build quality I think that headset has served me well enough for me to consider another Creative device.
Creative's build quality definatly is'nt the best. But damn the sound they produce is great.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.