1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Comments on Profile Post by Bo$$

1. RCoon
    RCoon
    I'm currently using an mx red corsair k95, usually they're really quite expensive, but I bought mine second hand from freedom. The steelseries basic mx black keyboards are ridiculously simplistic and nice to use though
    Mar 23, 2014
  2. Bo$$
    Bo$$
    I have bought a Corsair k90 refurb from scan... at £60 posted it isn't too bad.... trying to replace this temperamental keyboard i found on our stairwell a couple years ago. recently the Plamrest broke off, so i sort of have had enough of it....
    Mar 24, 2014
  3. RCoon
    RCoon
    Wow, nice find. What MX keys does it have? Black or red? I went from an MX blue back to rubber domes, i bought a Roccat Isku+ and then discovered that MX reds and blacks are perfect for my kind of use, just depends on how much weight you want in them.
    Mar 24, 2014
  4. Bo$$
    Bo$$
    They are reds apparently they are back ordered till the 4th. so won't have them in my hands until the 8th or 9th. never used mech before so i don't actually know what i am looking for... i have briefly used a Qpad 85 one time and it felt decent, went for red since it shouldn't be too noisy, not expecting silence though!
    Mar 24, 2014
  5. RCoon
    RCoon
    it's not silence, but my god is it quiter than blues. From what I understand, red and black perform identically, but reds require less force to press, the difference in weight is entirely down to preference.
    Mar 24, 2014
  6. RCoon
    RCoon
    I think you might find it difficult to type on for the first 10 minutes, and you'll mistype a tonne because the keys will just press without you realising. After you get attuned to it, it feels disturbingly natural!
    Mar 24, 2014
  7. Bo$$
    Bo$$
    Yeah i think it'll be a strange transition, it will probably be a problem to start using the dome keyboards in my university!
    Mar 25, 2014