• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Curious Explorer
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings System Specs About

• How did everything work out? Start a thread if you need help still, people will be glad to help!
    Laptop freezes up, Disk status light stays on during the freeze. Sometimes it will come out of it, sometimes I manually shut it down. HELP?
    Curious Explorer
    Curious Explorer
    However, when this "Freezing" all started, I believe I was exposed to some kind of Ransome-Ware when I visited Put-Locker
    The computer locked up and I got the message to call a number to get my computer working again.
    FordGT90Concept
    FordGT90Concept
    I've seen where a failing hard drive becomes unresponsive and anything that would use the hard drive wouldn't work (e.g. opening a program or document). Once the hard drive comes out of its funk, everything runs normal again.
    Curious Explorer
    Curious Explorer
    Yea, and I have noticed more hard drive noise as of late. Maybe I should pull the "Rip Cord" and change this drive out for another I have from another that was toasted by a spilled Martini?
    I Have 4 of these H.P. laptops. They came out of a bank upgrade. I got "Sloppy Seconds"!!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…