• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp Forums

Chomiq
Chomiq
I guess you can't walk away from this. Good luck.
infrared
infrared
lol! cheers Chomiq.. on my hands maybe :D
Reactions: Chomiq
Hope the surgery and recovery go well for you. I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones. I've never had full recovery from any of my surgeries and the numerous broken bones have come back to haunt me now that I'm getting older.
lexluthermiester
lexluthermiester
Wow, didn't know. Wish you the best results!
FreedomEclipse
FreedomEclipse
We gotta get erocker to hotrod the wheels you're gonna be rollin around on. weld a few pipes together, throw in a two stroke and a big fuckin exhaust to make it sound like a mustang while you roll around town and a box of angry bees when you open up the throttle.
R-T-B
R-T-B
As a frog, losing my legs would be awful.

As a human, I imagine you will make it through losing those pathetic immitation versions. Best wishes.
infrared
infrared
cheers guys :)
If my friend can do it in time I'm going to get her to tattoo a 'warranty void if removed' sticker on my leg before surgery :p
infrared
infrared
Saw the Psychiatrist today, all went well. Next step is to see Physio department, and finally surgeon again for final preparations. The reality is starting to sink in, kinda scared but it's gonna be worth it I'm sure.
R-T-B
R-T-B
Have them install stack seperators like in kerbal space program, so you can just walk into a room and jettison your legs when they start to hurt.

I know, it's not a thing, but it should be.
FreedomEclipse
FreedomEclipse
Just Remember, If you see Kobe Bryant. Tell him you can jump higher.
infrared
infrared
@R-T-B You've missed your calling mate, you should be a prosthetic technician :D Frogs legs that can be jettisoned would be nuts!
Reactions: R-T-B
R-T-B
R-T-B
I believe some lizzards and geckos can lose their tails, but that's just novice material.
lexluthermiester
lexluthermiester
You seem in good spirits, all things considered. That's a good sign that you are ready for what's coming. What kind of prosthetic's are you going to have?
infrared
infrared
Thanks lex, I'm excited to be making progress at last!
Since I'm a paraplegic I'd be pretty hopeless on prosthetic legs, I don't have enough feeling or control so I probably won't bother. Planning to use my wheelchair as normal at first, and when my upper body is strong enough hopefully I'll be able to get around the house walking on my hands! :D
R-T-B
R-T-B
Maybe you need to take a trip to the huge arms dimension, this guy from it looks like he manages:

In the real world, I had an older friend who was confined to a wheelchair towards the end. He told me and I quote "wheelchair makes your arms ripped"
infrared
infrared
We must be in the weirdest dimension if that product exists :laugh: huge arms would be quite useful tho..