Originally Posted by TheMailMan78
Well here's what i think of some of the said stuff there.
* Singleplayer mode with emphasis on resource management and RPG elements, the player commands a squad through a story full of twists and surprises
Arma 1 SP is not were the funs at maybe they can add more life to it.
* Cooperative multiplayer and team-based large scale multiplayer over entire map for 50 live players
Well i thought it was 64 ppl in arma 1 and before but 50 ppl is plenty lol. All though a COOP 20 ish requires a REAL decent server.
* Built-in mission editor allowing player to expand the game beyond original content
Like holly crap the editor is crazy already and allows you to do so much you might feel a little over whelmed at 1st. Would be nice if they have made it easier to deal with as there is so many things you can do.
* Complex weapons simulation based on technologies used in military training and real-world data:
- material penetration
- glowing tracer rounds* Autonomous AI providing them ability to react dynamically depending on player's action: AI-controlled soldiers and vehicles maneuver, flank, take cover and surprise player in many ways
Mostly done if not all dome already by the community all though bullet deflection is there already as i know of only when a bullet hits the floor can deflect of the ground and hit you or them done it plenty of times with a 107 mosty. Flanking i have always enjoyed in OFP \ Arma with the area being so big makes it even more crazy. I hope your own AI don't push you out of cover lol.
* AI where squads navigate in realistic fashion, soldiers can find proper cover with millimeter precision, lean from cover and return fire
Not 100% sure what to think with this and could be real bad in some cases. Al though there be mods like in OFP\Arma were the AI can be a bad aim at longer distances as we humans are not computer accurate lol.
* Advanced dynamic conversation system, integrating preset conversations and dynamic queries about the game environment
* Gestures and combat communication of units: Soldiers shout and use same communication means as in real combat situations
Sounds cool but normally have there voices turned off or even more often the AI are turned of when we play. But maybe they will not be so annoying.
* Comprehensive library of over 60 fully simulated modern firearms
Like dam there's a lot in arma 1 already but not all modern.
225KM map is crazy thats over 4 times bigger than arma's which was 50KM. One thing that bothers me with this game is when the game starts to run good one systems they tend to add a little to much. I am surprised they said nothing about the game using more than one core or SM.
Anyways i'll get it on the day it's out even if it's in CZ 1st like i did in Arma 1 as the community with make English patches for it
. I got my Arma 6-7 months before US release.