Right guys, Im looking to build an mATX / ATX dedicated folding rig to go alongside my 260 and Q6600 in my main rig (folding + crunching on this). Ill be running it open - box, so no need for a case. What am I looking for?
1. A motherboard - not too fussed about the socket type / chipset.
2. A processor - obviously if im going to be crunching on it I need a processor with a bit of guts - looking at something like an E2140 or similar, if AMD then a 4200+ or similar.
3. Some ram - be it a low specced DDR2 kit. Aslong as it passes memtest and wont crap out on me.
4. A power supply. 400W or so should be enough.
5. A graphics card. This is the main part so to speak. If I cant get anything off here, ill probably invest in a 9600GSO or similar.
6. A Harddrive. 80GB should be enough, ill be putting XP on it.
So, if you have any parts you arent using, or would be willing to part with fairly cheap, then please, let me know. Bear in mind that if you accept to send me something for free, ill cover postage costs and give you heatware feedback / a good rep afterwards. If you want to sell me something, please be mindful that the rig is on a very tight budget, so dont go asking if I want to buy a Q9650 or a 260, because I cannot afford it.
Cheers guys, and remember, all it takes is installing a program - if you havent already, why not try donating your spare clock cycles to a damn good cause - be it if you decide to crunch and / or fold, your making a huge difference either way.