Originally Posted by quanta!
Issue #1: Manual fan controls will not automatically meter fan speed; fan speed remains constant despite dialog settings i.e. will not increase and decrease fan RPM to satisfy the defined GPU Temperature target(s).
Issue #2: Fan controls will also not revert changes and pass fan control back to videocard when checkbox is unchecked.
Unit: ATI Radeon AIW X800XL AGP, Catalyst 6.5
Regional Settings: Celsius
Steps to Reproduce
1. Main dialog: Create new profile with 500/500 clock/mem. Name as "X800XT"
2. 3D Detection dialog: Configure so that X800XT profile activates on 3D application start, and Default profile activates on 3D application close.
3. Fan control dialog: Check Checkbox "Override fan controls" to expose manual settings
4a. Select "Maintain GPU Temperature" (second radio button) and use default value "70C". Click Apply
4b. Select custom settings (third radio button) and use default values. Click Apply. Note how fan speed WILL decrease to match the default set value of "31%" (assuming current temperature is below the default set value of 70C).
5. Return to Main dialog and activate 3D Window
6. Note how temperature will exceed 70C yet fan speed will not increase to compensate
7. Return to Fan Controls and uncheck the fan control checkbox.
8. Note how temperature controls remain in their manual setting and are not passed back to the videocard.
I have the exact same issue. I don't have any 3D Detection or Overclocking settings at all.
I can't even get the Fan to descrease by setting it to 10% (or any value under 100%) as a manual override and hitting "apply".
My card is a X800XL AIW 256mb PCI-e 430 core