Originally Posted by yeba
Thank You for this hack. I was about to sell my Asus X38 to buy an SLI board. Been reading all the forums and I just want to confirm if my approach is correct :
1. Reinstall Windows 7 64b from scratch ( i prefer a clean install). At this point my two 9600GTs are already installed when windows 7 is installed.
2. Dowload the 64 bit 190.62 driver software from nvidia. Unpack the software, copy the hacked SLI driver to :\nvidia\displaydriver\190.62\english.
3. Run the nvidia driver install with the modified driver.
4. Do the SLIC thing steps 1-4 http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.30
5. Disable UAC. Reboot ( btw, what is that 'make modified driver file have certified for OS' step mentioned in step 5 in xdevs?)
6. Press F8 at boot up, go to Test Mode
Am I missing anything?
I just did a clean OS install, this was what I had to do:
Motherboard DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH (0820a)
Graphics 2 x ASUS 9800GT
OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
1 - Install Win7 x64.
2 - Install System and 190.62 Win7 x64 (WHQL) drivers.
3 - Disable UAC.
4 - Restart.
5 - Run SLI string installer as Admin select ASUS certificate.
6 - Run LHALMod as Admin
7 - Copy moded nvlddmkm.sys (rev2) Win7 x64 to C:\windows\system32\drivers\
Originally Posted by TiN
Sorry people, founded driver
Just forgot to copy it from download page to work dir , so thought that I haven't.
It's patched driver Windows 7/Vista 64bit for Forceware 190.62
You need to have ASUS valid SLIC in DSDT.
8 - Sign the nvlddmkm.sys with:
Originally Posted by sveetsnelda
Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider
Select "Sign a System File"
type in C:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
Reboot, and enable SLI.
(Make sure you are using an ASUS SLIC)