Originally Posted by W1zzard
Catalyst 10.12 DOES NOT support the HD 6900 series, they add support for the HD 6800.
AMD has told me there is a driver bug in all existing Catalyst drivers for HD 6900 that affects Battleforge. But no fix yet.
Looks like every time someone asks "omg drivers" it's someone who hasn't done his homework and is looking to grasp for straws. how long do you think it takes me to rebench a single card? how many cards do i have? how long have the drivers been out?
I understand the time constraints, etc. I wasn't meaning rebench, but rather suggesting that your future reviews on the same cards by other vendors might be more accurate if they use 10.12, which I believed to have full support. I thought that you may have benched the 6900s because you couldn't wait for 10.12 because of how long it takes. As I said, I did not mean my statement as a complaint at all.
Excuse my mistaken assumption that the drivers had full support for the 6900s, it was based on seeing:
Originally Posted by btarunr
AMD Stream 2.3 SDK release
- Performance improvements for AMD’s OpenCL toolset
- Support UVD video hardware component through OpenCL driver (Windows 7 only)
- Support for the Stream Profiler on Linux (command line version)
- Support added for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
- Support for FFT and BLAS-3 libraries
- Stream Profiler enhancements (including timeline visualization)
- Resolves a number of bug fixes from the Stream SDK 2.2 release
but I guess that just applies to AMD Stream.