On Aug 22 I posted this in our Folding@Home forum:
Yesterday I got a windows dialog that said my FahCore_a3.exe stopped working on one of my rigs while loading a 6068. I closed the program with the dialog and it picked up another WU. When that one completed I got the same dialog three times at which time I shut down the rig.
This morning I got up before the sun came up and just got home around 2:30 PM CST to find that another rig now has the same dialog but this time it's a 6071.
I closed the dialog and it pick up another 6071 and gave me the same error. I've closed the client for now.
Is there anything on the folding forum that I've missed yesterday or today? Suggestions?
No one here had any suggestions but luckily this morning I found posts on Stanford's Forum for both of these WUs. Below are the answers to those posts:
Re: Project: 6068 (Run 1, Clone 38, Gen 253)
New postby bruce » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:36 pm
Thanks for the report. It was, indeed, a bad WU. I've reported it and it will be stopped at 8am. In the 11 days it has been in circulation, a LOT of people received it but you're the first to report it.
Re: Project 6071 (Run 0, Clone 171, Gen 384)
New postby bruce » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 am
Thank you for the report. Many people have had trouble with this WU. The WU (P6071,R0,C171,G384) has been reported as a bad WU. Note that the list of reported WUs are stopped daily at 8am pacific time.
From these replies I've come to the following conclusions:
1. If you get a bad WU and the server won't give you a different WU then the only option you have is to shut down until after 8am pacific time.
2. Even my first point won't work if the bad WU is not reported so don't do what I did and report it. If you're not a member of that forum then post it here so it can be passed on.
I'd suggest you add a quote from your FAHlog showing your problem such as I've added below.
[19:50:42] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[19:50:42] Cleaning up work directory
[19:50:42] + Attempting to get work packet
[19:50:42] Passkey found
[19:50:42] - Connecting to assignment server
[19:50:43] - Successful: assigned to (220.127.116.11).
[19:50:43] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[19:50:43] Loaded queue successfully.
[19:50:47] + Closed connections
[19:50:52] + Processing work unit
[19:50:52] Core required: FahCore_a3.exe
[19:50:52] Core found.
[19:50:52] Working on queue slot 09 [August 22 19:50:52 UTC]
[19:50:52] + Working ...
[19:50:52] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[19:50:52] Version 2.27 (Dec. 15, 2010)
[19:50:52] Preparing to commence simulation
[19:50:52] - Looking at optimizations...
[19:50:52] - Created dyn
[19:50:52] - Files status OK
[19:50:52] - Expanded 1761754 -> 2246261 (decompressed 127.5 percent)
[19:50:52] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=1761754 data_size=2246261, decompressed_data_size=2246261 diff=0
[19:50:52] - Digital signature verified
[19:50:52] Project: 6071 (Run 0, Clone 171, Gen 384)
[19:50:52] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[19:50:52] Entering M.D.
[19:50:58] Mapping NT from 12 to 12
[19:50:58] Completed 0 out of 500000 steps (0%)
[19:51:40] CoreStatus = C0000029 (-1073741783)
[19:51:40] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000029
[19:51:40] Deleting current work unit & continuing...
I now have both of these rigs back up running different WUs on there summer schedule.