Dec 7, 2011, 01:47 AM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Steeler Country
Posts: 119 (0.11/day)
Thanked 1,268 Times in 522 Posts
New Battlefield Blog Post: Back to Karkand #7: Out now on PS3, new gameplay trailer live!
Tuesday, 06 December 2011 00:05
Starting today, PlayStation 3 players can revisit the legendary maps in the Back to Karkand expansion pack! What better way to celebrate than with a new PlayStation 3 based gameplay trailer?
This is it! Back to Karkand is now out on PlayStation 3 in Europe, with North America and Asia to follow shortly. We hope you enjoy our new gameplay trailer entirely based on PlayStation 3 footage.
If you have followed the "Going Back to Karkand" blog series, you know by now that it contains four legendary Battlefield 2 maps reimagined in the Frostbite 2 engine. And you know about the vehicles, and that we have ten classic weapons brought in from Battlefield 2. These are a variety of shotguns, sniper rifles, and machine guns that were particularly popular in Battlefield 2.
What you probably didn't know is that Back to Karkand works seamlessly in conjunction with the base game. This means that you can bring these ten new weapons back to the base game. They essentially get added to your existing arsenal rather than being an either/or choice. Also, servers will have the ability to run map rotations with any mix of base game plus Back to Karkand maps. Further, the new layer of persistence with Assignments does not replace what is in the base game Ė it works in parallel with it. Since you will be able to join mixed map rotations, we will alert you if you donít own Back to Karkand and try to join a server where one or more maps require Back to Karkand.
You will be notified in-game via a pop-up window once Back to Karkand is live, and you can buy it in the in-game store and the PlayStation Store. PlayStation 3 players will be able to start playing today, while PC and Xbox 360 formats will follow on December 13th.
To start playing on the Back to Karkand maps, make sure you For a guide on how to buy, download and get started in Back to Karkand, head to this simple step by step guide.
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, we are experiencing issues with the server browser. Please use the Quick Match filter settings to pick the Back to Karkand map and mode you want to play. Going through the server browser right now will match you up with base game maps only. We are hard at work isolating and fixing this issue and will have an ETA on this later. Stay tuned for more information. In the meantime, using Quick Match will let you select and play on any map, from the base game or Back to Karkand.
Back to Karkand PlayStation 3 release timings
Europe, Australia & New Zealand: Out now!
North America: December 6th, between 2PM and 6PM PST
Japan/Asia: December 7th, around 3PM JST
Cool Reddit post: BF3 Patch: Hidden Changes log
So far I've come across a few changes that I am pretty sure were not in the changelog, post any you find here ^
-Hidden (chat does not come up ever)
- 'H' key now changes chat between the following options:
-Pop-up (old styled pop up when chat is active)
-On (always on)
- Vehicle sensitivity slider is now in options
- Joystick sensitivity slider added
- Separate inverted options for Infantry and Air added
- 'Tourettes medic' bug fixed
- Icons/names now flash when using 'Q'
- Disable threshold reduced to around 37hp for air vehicles [more info on ground vehicles needed]
- Tower on Caspian now collapses near the end of rounds
- Player pings now displayed on the scoreboard (your own is not)
- No longer spawn at main when spawn selection is unavailable [needs confirmation]
- TV guided on helicopters mostly fixed (just don't move the mouse when you fire)
- TV guided turning speed lowered
- CITV look movement tweaked
- UI.DrawEnable now enables/disables UI
- End of round scores show wrong Victory/Defeat message.
- Animations (ladder/knife) are stuttery/jumpy when the network buffer is modified
I would treat it all as unconfirmed, until you see it for yourself, though.
PS3 Sharqi footage!