Originally Posted by KieX
Asuming nothing has changed on your computer recently I'd say start with running the BOINC CPU benchmark again, as that forms part of how points are calculated. I normally do that whenever I notice a dip on a rig's output and seems to work.
They do try to balance the points/time but in reality there are some projects which run more efficiently than others. My farm can fluctuate from 26K to 34K depending on projects (i cycle through them nowadays)
Originally Posted by BinaryMage
Very true. Chaotic stated a drastic drop, which led me to believe more than could be caused by switching projects, but you could be right. I would suggest going through this order until the problem is fixed:
1. Check Free-DC machine stats to figure out which computer is causing the drop.
2. Check BOINC log. (Advanced->Event Log or Ctrl-Shift-E) Look for error messages or other strange notifications.
3. Check projects on the WCG site. I'd suggest running multiple ones, single projects can run out of work occasionally.
4. Reboot your cruncher.
5. Rebenchmark CPU from within BOINC.
6. Reset the project from within BOINC.
7. Reinstall BOINC.
Thanks guys. I think running the bench's is a good idea. I'l try that first then I'll try the 7 step program.