I'm thinking of upgrading my current desktop (vaio ra104) with this great sounding mATX board. I'm not that au fait with tech terms (getting there thanks to this site).
My only concern is I want the following to work with my board:
1. BlackGold BGT3600 Dual DVB-T2/DVB-C, Dual DVB-S2, Analogue, Composite/S-video/Component video PCIe product
2. My existing power supply
3. WiFi & BT capability, don't really want to use USB's. I have quite a few BT products I link with, this is a real problem with my current set up & I don't want this with the new set up.
4. My current pentium 4 is water cooled, can I still use this? Is fitting an alternative/new cooler easy?
5. I want to keep my front panel access ports can they be linked to the motherboard & TV card?
L & R channel inputs
3 No USB's
Various card readers - XD, CF, SD, MS Pro
6. Is this board reviewed the same as the Maximus IV Gene-Z GEN3? If not what's the difference?
7. I currently use my PC through the combined TV, video, gaming screen. It's a 5 year old 38" LED Samsung. Will the HDMI output improve viewing & will HDTV work well through the TV card & mobo I mentioned above?
8. Finally. By using the same hard disks I have through the new mobo, will my windowsXP Pro software work ok. I plan to upgrade to Win7, which version would you recommend? which processor would you recommend.
The PC is really a home PC, not used for gaming, but mainly for audio, TV, video & mundane PC work, quite a few apps running at the same time