Eurocom Corporation announces support for Intel's new high performance 520 Series of Solid-State Drives inside their Mobile Workstations and Mobile Server solutions.
The addition of the Intel 520 series of SSDs to Eurocom's extensive list of storage drives gives customers an even greater choice when customizing their purpose built systems. Customers have a myriad of choices between Hard Disk Drives, Solid State Drives and Hybrid Drives.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations are built to offer unmatched performance, long lifespan and full upgradeability of the processor, memory, storage, operating system and VGA technology, and are designed with the most innovative technology and components available, including RAID 0/1/5/10 support to dual GPU support.
RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks, and is a technology that provides increased data storage abilities through redundancy. Multiple drives are arranged in units where data are distributed across the drives in different RAID levels. The ultimate goal of RAIDing ones drives is to provide increased levels of data reliability and backup as well as increased levels of read/write performance. Different levels of RAID correspond with varying levels of performance and redundancy.
Intel Solid-State Drive 520 series accelerates SATA throughput by utilizing SATA 6 gigabits per second performance and NAND based SSD technology. The Intel 520 series supports data transfers up to 550 megabytes per second (MB/s), with sequential write times up to 520 MB/s.
Intel Solid State Drive 520 series consists of 60 GB, 120 GB, 180 GB, 240 GB and 480 GB capacities.
Eurocom's usage of NAND based SSD technology and SATA 6 GB/s drives allow for super quick system responsiveness, boot times, application launches, file loads, sleep recovery and benchmarks.
The 520 drives make use of the Sandforce SF-2281 controller to offer blazing speeds.
Intel also offers an unprecedented 5 year warranty on all 520 series drives.
"The Intel 520 series SSDs gives Eurocom clients looking for the most powerful mobile workstations on the market a super fast storage option, that is rugged, efficient and performance oriented" explains Eurocom President Mark Bialic.
Intel 520 series SSDs support Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit Encryption. AES 256-bit encryption is an industry standard in data security, providing a hardware-based mechanism for encryption and decryption of user data. End-to-end data protection helps protect data from being corrupted across the data path by using cyclic redundancy check (CRC), parity, and error correction code (ECC) checks in the data path from the host interface to the NAND, and back.
Eurocom Storage Drive Options
- 80 GB MLC SSD; Intel 310 series; SATA-300
- 250 GB; G-Force Protection; SATA-300 NCQ; 7,200 rpm; 16 MB cache;
- 320 GB; SATA-300; 7,200 rpm; 16 MB cache; Seagate
- 500 GB; G-Force Protection; SATA-300 NCQ; 7,200 rpm; 16 MB cache;
- 750 GB; SSHD; Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid; 8 GB SLC NAND Flash
- 750 GB 5400 rpm SATA-300; 16 MB cache;
- 750 GB; 7200 rpm; 16 MB cache; Seagate Momentus
- 500 GB; Solid State Hybrid Drive; Seagate Momentus XT; 32 MB cache/4 GB SLC Flash
- 640 GB; 5400 rpm; 3 Gb/s; 8 MB cache; WD Scorpio Blue
- 256 GB SSD MLC; SATA-600; Marvell controller; Crucial/Micron RealSSD C300
- 128 GB MLC SSD; Micron C300 RealSSD; SATA-600
- 120 GB MLC SSD; Intel 510 series; SATA-600;
- 120 GB MLC SSD; Intel 320 series; SATA-300;
- 250 GB MLC SSD; Intel 510; SATA-600; Marvell 9174 controller
- 600 GB SSD MLC; Intel 320 series; SATA-300;
- 160 GB MLC SSD; Intel X25-M Gen2 34 nm; SSDSA2MH160G2C1
- 512 GB SSD MLC; Micron/Crucial M4;
- 240 GB MLC Solid State Drive; Solidata X8; SandForce-1200;
- 1TB; 5400 rpm; 8 MB cache; WD Scorpio Blue
Intel SSD 520 Series Specifications
- Capacity: 60 GB, 120 GB, 180 GB, 240 GB and 480 GB
Intel 25 nm NAND Flash Memory
Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- SATA 6 Gb/s
Sustained sequential read: up to 550 MB/s
Sustained sequential write: up to 520 MB/s
- Read and Write IOPS
Random 4KB reads: up to 50 000 IOPS
Random 4KN writes: up to 80 000 IOPS
- AES 256-bit Encryption
- Power Consumption (TYP)
Active 850 mW
Idle: 600 mW
- Operating Voltage
Min 4.75 V
Max 5.25 V
- Mean Time Between Failures
- Minimum Useful Life/Endurance Rating