I am the proud owner of a Sager NP8690.
I can say that gaming on a laptop is very nice indeed. I paid about $1500 and change for mine about 2 years ago.
I purchased mine from XoticPC. You should ask to speak to either Justin or Joseph.
Here is something to give you an idea:
Sager NP9130 / Clevo P151EM1
- FREE!! Continental (U.S. Lower 48 - UPS Ground Only) Ground Shipping on ALL Sager Laptops (Enter Coupon Code: "SAGERFREESHIP" during order process)
- 15.6” FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Super Clear Matte Type Screen (SKU - S1R324)
- Standard Dead Pixel Policy
- Sager - 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3610QM (2.3GHz - 3.3GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP) (SKU - S2N224)
- - IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
- nVidia GeForce GTX 670M 1,536MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 with Optimus™ Technology (SKU - S3N501) ◘
- 16GB - DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4 SODIMMS) (SKU - S4R368)
- Sager Branding
- Standard Finish
- 750gb 7200rpm (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache) (SKU - S5R306)
- Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti DVDRW/CDRW Drive w/ Software (When selecting a Hard Drive in the Optical Bay, No Optical Drive is Included) (SKU - S7R455)
- Internal 9-in-1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD/Mini SD/SDHC/SDXC/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo)
- Bluetooth Included (See “Wireless Network” Section Below)
- Sager - Intel® Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module (SKU - S8R112)
- Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
- Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
- Smart Li-ion Battery (8-Cell)
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader
- ~Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Installed (64&32-Bit CD Included) w/ Drivers & Utilities CD's + Microsoft Office Starter 2010 - Included with OS Purchase
- Sager 3 Year Parts & LIFETIME Ltd Labor Warranty w/ Lifetime 24/7 DOMESTIC Toll Free Customer Support - Special! (SKU - S9P211)
This config totes in at about $1560 shipping included.
I have had no issues with mine.... the one thing to keep in mind though is the battery life. When I first got mine, it was about 45 mins..... how with the new CPU and GPU, I get maybe 25 mins.
That's the other beauty about any Sager/Clevo, they are modular and you can pretty much upgrade them to whatever down the road... even to "unofficial" hardware.
I started with an i5 and 460M in mine... now it has a i7 920XM and a 6970M.
I would look at some of the options that XoticPC has on their site. They are based out of Nebraska. The system should last a good while.
The friend that got me hooked on mine has had his Sager going on 6 years and it plays games decently still.
If you inquire using my order number, 24013, they might give you a discount. Worth trying.
There are 11 people in this world: Those who understand this statement, those who get laid, and the lucky bastards that do both.
Support your local stores, yeah NewEgg is awesome but people put value in dealing with someone face to face and same day delivery.
Last edited by kiddagoat; May 5, 2012 at 04:46 AM.
Reason: Adding order number