So night one was interesting. Basically started putting everything together.
#1 - Alphacool's + NZXT's spacing on their 140mm fans are not the same...thus some drilling had to be done to the NZXT's roof in order for it to sync up with the radiator.
#2 - The compression fittings unfortunately bump up against the case where the indentation for the motherboard I/O panel are. This is going to be solved by a 45 or 90 fitting in the area to clear the obstruction.
#3 - Lack of sleep + work the next day. I had a law exam that morning/afternoon, then went to work after, then came home and instantly started on this project...with work again in the early AM. My roommate while taking long naps during the day, also had to get up early to get makeuped...up... for the Zombie Crawl here.
Here are some pics of what all happened:
Start breaking down the case.
Strip the case even more.
Drill "custom" holes in the top to facilitate screwing in the radiator.
Moved some internal fans around and test fit the Recon and Res.
Finish mounting the Vipers on the Rad/Roof.
Install the Recon, routed wires comfortable for roof assembly to fit.
This is when we hit our main stopping point, as we set the roof, we found the compression fitting pushing against the case.
Oh well, can't win everything, just have to run to Microcenter when free and grab the fitting.
Popped the lid back off and decided to work around it for now, put the standoffs in for the mobo.
Seated the 3930K comfortably into the Extreme11.
No backplate necessary for the Raystorm, got all the screws to roughly the same tension using a pair of micro calipers.
Set Extreme11 inside the Switch 810.
Seated the Ripjaws, and turned 'er upright and set the roof on again to look at clearance for the mobo.
Not going to lie, its crazy tight, but definitely feasible. The only area of caution is the clearance for the CPU power connectors, but its basically just making sure the cables from the PSU are cleanly ran or else they are going to get chomped up by the Vipers. That's basically it...we called it a night and pushed everything off to the side.
The GTX 690 is currently installed in his active build which he needs running for school/WoW/etc. So that might be one of the last parts of the install is installing the block on it and running tubes.
Anywho, hope everyone likes the show thus far!