Originally Posted by STCNE
How many of us frequently swap out CPUs on our boards?
I do, If i can remember just but to mention few scenarios.
1. Intel Desktop Board D945GCCR (Processors: Pentium Dual 1.6GHz & 1.8GHz transitioned with it to the next board)
2. Intel Desktop Board D945GCNL (Processors: Pentium Dual 1.8GHz & 2.0GHz transitioned with it to the next board)
3. Intel Desktop Board DG33BU (Processors: Pentium Dual 2.0GHz & 2.2GHz transitioned with it to the next board)
4. Intel Desktop Board DG35EC (Processors: Pentium Dual 2.2GHz & 2.5GHz)
5. Intel Desktop Board DG43GT (Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz)
6. Intel Desktop Board DH55HC (Processors: Core i3-530 2.93GHz & i5-760 2.8GHz)
7. Currently on Intel Desktop Board DZ68BC (Processors: Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz & i7-3770 3.4GHz)
So clearly it will have a negative Impact on me, so to speak.
Originally Posted by Binge
I would have thought this go the other way around... socket SoC CPUs with onboard ram, gpu, cpu all integrated and the motherboards would get smaller and smaller. Just drop in another CPU and there's your upgrade/replacement etc etc.
I thought so too, this could be nice if it ever happens I hope it will happen, I prefer this path more than what could happen.