• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp! Official IC Diamond Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
I get that some people have no issues with this paste, but I thought this was a thread to discuss success and failure of a product, not for someone like me who has nothing to gain to get slammed for showing the failure I had with using this.

Why is it that someone like me who is very reputable in my opinion, is just going to come into a thread like this half cocked, or like I am just out to sully the name of something I didn't even have to pay for. No matter what this rep says, this paste damaged my base, and to make himself feel better, he wont read my posts where I am calling him on every bit of BS he is applying, like lint = previous damage.
I never once slamed ya man nor anybody else! Out of all the times you put gas into your car have you ever gat a bad tank? Im sure you have, It happens. The way ppl were talking here was giving a company a bad name just because of a few issues... Shit happens in every industry no matter what.

Lets try to work together and fix a problem instead of fight all the time.

:peace:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
then dont come off saying we are BS posting because it doesn't match your results.

As I said, this thread is for success and failure, so be respectful to those who have had issues and not write them off as a troll.

Honestly, what do I have to gain by standing my ground and saying IC Diamond damaged my cooler? Also judging by what I do for a living, I think I would know about these sort of things, and when and where my coolers got damaged;)

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
then dont come off saying we are BS posting because it doesn't match your results.

As I said, this thread is for success and failure, so be respectful to those who have had issues and not write them off as a troll.

Honestly, what do I have to gain by standing my ground and saying IC Diamond damaged my cooler? Also judging by what I do for a living, I think I would know about these sort of things, and when and where my coolers got damaged;)

I never insinuated any body or called them a troll. I have been totally respectful in my comments!

I just went back to page 13 and no where have I called anybody BS. And look at post #362,

Post #384 was an honest question because I didn't understand what you were getting at!

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
IMO some posts WERE bs just because of what others said, they followed suit... Like someone is a messiah but they themselves didn't have any issues...they just chime in to to add post counts to be heard... Comments like,, this stuff don't spread, its hard to get off, it stains.....

That to me IMO is BS... I showed in my videos, I proved it and found none to be correct FOR ME!. so I ran my own test just to show the non believers. So I'll shut up, and be the bigger man and move along as I don't click well with certain groups around hear... Kinda like what happened to ..... aww nevermind.. Good luck with your results ppl and :rockout:

PS: And Chad there is a reason why your cooler pitted but with out you answering one's post on there theory One is left guessing. I hope you can figure it out. To me it seems like a possible bad machined part you got, bad electro plating that never took straight from the factory... It could be anything. But with my results and conclusion I do support this product. It works best for me so Im continuing to use it. I however dont agree on certian posts but everyone one has there own opinion ;)

~nobody's perfect, only God's perfect... he gives us knowledge, but it's up to us on how the knowledge is used.. :respect:

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
Just in case you missed it, I will say again, that was dust from my photo booth, not damage, but I do already know you can't read so I forgive you;) Any chance you are going to be at CES, or better, your company will be there so I can talk to someone with some common sense?

@ full, take your fanboyism somewhere else.....that base is not grooved nor made by Noctua, so comparing apples to oranges really doesn't work here, although I am interested to see what reaper gets after a bit of use.

Also since you don't understand English, there is a difference between spreading TIM and compressing it.;)

Patience little grasshopper.

The micro world is a messy place and is the play ground of chaos theory with many nooks and cranny’s to be explored.

First off we have ordered several Noctua sinks as a baseline.

As you have supposedly sent me your sink on my shipping account we will compare it to never used production samples.

We will contact Noctua an acquire their base finish specification to see if all is with in spec.

It is a simple matter to visually locate and mark surface imperfections and then line them up with with the reflected light (white spots) to conclusively prove a link and have already duplicated this in with our in house sample sinks not a big deal with a microscope and a high resolution camera.

One angle may reveal 20 imperfections and another 40 it all depends upon the reflected angle move a few degrees one way or another and a different group will reveal themselves with the different reflected light angle. So a one angle shot is a tip of the iceberg view.

Machine tool chatter is a well understood issue and it is always there to some degree. In a worst case you can see it from 5 feet away in another you might need a microscope but it is always there.

A machinist will tune his spindle speed and feed rate to meet a particular spec and identical machines will produce different results, one might have a spindle speed of 8500 RPM and another might be 6500 RPM to produce the same result.

Machine tool pitting is closely related and commonly found on all machined pieces to one degree or another, back fill of material while cutting scores a piece so expecting perfect unbroken tool lines is unrealistic and does not happen in practice and generally partially controlled by the spec'd finish

Another issue to deal with is porosity. All aluminium and copper contains pores from casting depending on the quality of the casting will determine the frequency. It is a problem in welding and dealt with in some cases by hammering flat before welding. We have some pictured examples of this.

In any event as you want to hold us to a micro level standard we will accommodate and respond in detail.

Again the fact that pictured damage existed outside the contact contact area pretty much confirms that it existed prior to ICD application and just waiting further confirmation after receipt of the sink you have sent.

I would note that in fullinfusion's video and one moar's live video Friday night both had fine quality contact finishes and would more likely to reveal a problem than the more crude Noctua finish and both were about as good as you can get.

Semantic games aside we call our application method a "compression spread" that is, it is spread by compression and nothing is simpler or as easy as demonstrated by fullinfusion.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
There were chunks in the paste that scratched the surface of the GPU deep enough to make it non-functional.

:nutkick:

I pasted two GPUs at once, since they both had slightly different temps, and I wanted to see if they'd still perform differently as it seemed they produced slightly different amounts of heat.

I bought new cards the next day. :p

Good golly they would have to be properly deep then if it cut through the surface.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Good golly they would have to be properly deep then if it cut through the surface.

what really weird to me is that it made no noise or obvious sign it was gouging in that bad, either, until I removed the heatsink. Big chunks, easily 1mm square. One ended up getting stuck in the tip of the tube, even.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
I was tempted to put on my GPU but I guess I'll hold off now.

I have yet to check my CPU's heatsink or die but temps are still doing great.

Maybe someone could crack a tube open and examine the contents to see if they can take a picture of any solid particulates in the tube that could lead to hardware damage?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I was tempted to put on my GPU but I guess I'll hold off now.

I have yet to check my CPU's heatsink or die but temps are still doing great.

Maybe someone could crack a tube open and examine the contents to see if they can take a picture of any solid particulates in the tube that could lead to hardware damage?

Why?

My sample was from years ago, and might not have been ICD. Sneekypeet already checked his, though, since he has his issues.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Why?

My sample was from years ago, and might not have been ICD. Sneekypeet already checked his, though, since he has his issues.

"Why?" To see...

Did he find anything? Did he takes pics?

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
It was just a suggestion for others Dom :toast:

But it shouldn't be something you have to do for a paste to work like it should.... correct ?

This thread is funny imo hope they get a new rep :roll:

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
But it shouldn't be something you have to do for a paste to work like it should.... correct ?

Works fine when you have a proper cooler/backplate combo.

System Name Black Killing Machine
Processor Delidded NO IHS mount Intel i7-4770k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-OC
Cooling Swiftech DIR655 pump, Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ 79X0 Ni-Bl gpu, DT SNIPER CPU block, UT60 420 RAD
Memory Gskill Trident 2400mhz CL9 Samsung IC9
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE HD7950 OC 950mhz Edition, VaporX HD7950
Storage 2xM4 Crucial 64GB RAID 0, 1 OCZ AGILILITY 3 60GB, WDCB 500GB x2RAID0, WD Green, Hitachi 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 226BW and 24" 120hz BenQ gamer
Case SilverStone Raven rv-02
Audio Device(s) Audio Technica ATH-AD900 headphones, Topping D2 DAC/Headphone AMP
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 860
Software Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/sonda5/ Delidding is magic. http://valid.canardpc.com/2878462
@ICDiamond,

Five weeks ago, or thereabouts, you said you would make available for purchase sample sized pieces of the Prescale film.

So...?

I'd buy some more. Definitely a must have for enthusiasts.

I think the best way to apply this paste is to put a small drop in the center then put a drop of alcohol on it and gently spread it out with finger covered with clear plastic like from a zip lock bag. It's very messy. I had good results with IC diamond and dabbing it with alcohol thinly as possible. Have to do it just right so that it doesn't lose too much of its stock consistency. Thinner the better. Alcohol made it much easier to apply thinly. It may not last as long though.

I think I had my problems with my GPU die with the pea application method because I think it doesn't spread very easily and putting a drop in the middle then apply masive pressure to push the pea size flat causes damage to soft copper heat sink and bare die. I don't remember finding any hard particles like diamond chips but it did feel very course.

Last edited:
System Name Black Killing Machine
Processor Delidded NO IHS mount Intel i7-4770k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-OC
Cooling Swiftech DIR655 pump, Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ 79X0 Ni-Bl gpu, DT SNIPER CPU block, UT60 420 RAD
Memory Gskill Trident 2400mhz CL9 Samsung IC9
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE HD7950 OC 950mhz Edition, VaporX HD7950
Storage 2xM4 Crucial 64GB RAID 0, 1 OCZ AGILILITY 3 60GB, WDCB 500GB x2RAID0, WD Green, Hitachi 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 226BW and 24" 120hz BenQ gamer
Case SilverStone Raven rv-02
Audio Device(s) Audio Technica ATH-AD900 headphones, Topping D2 DAC/Headphone AMP
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 860
Software Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/sonda5/ Delidding is magic. http://valid.canardpc.com/2878462
And Chad there is a reason why your cooler pitted but with out you answering one's post on there theory One is left guessing. I hope you can figure it out. To me it seems like a possible bad machined part you got, bad electro plating that never took straight from the factory... It could be anything. But with my results and conclusion I do support this product. It works best for me so Im continuing to use it. I however dont agree on certian posts but everyone one has there own opinion ;)

There is a difference between an opinion based on a factual personal incident and an opinion based on studying 3rd party information. I don't think many people have problem with IC Diamond but the facts are that there are a few people that have similar problems. Just because you didn't have any problems doesn't mean that my problem didn't happen. I do think that most people will agree that IC diamond is very course and can easily scratch the surface of a block if not carefully cleaned.

I had a block that was ruined using IC diamond as well. It was a Swiftech MCW82-7900 water block and it had an awesome perfect surface before I used IC diamond on it. The pit that was created in a short period of less than a month happend with only 1 application of IC diamond. To me the pit looked and felt like something was pushed into it. Whether it was a diamond chip or just a ball of dry diamond dust I think IC diamond caused the damage. It looked like physical damage to me. I still use IC diamond but I now mix it with alcohol an spread it as thin as possible.

Also from my testing Coollaboratory Liquid Pro cools better but is also hard to clean but doesn't cause physical damage.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
i had my post removed from this thread for stating my exp of this tim from another forum it did trials on.

that post was removed without warning or reason.

i wasnt even posting about it to be arsey, just to share my findings as icd stopped posting on the other forum.

from what i can tell with mine and others who have had issues it is because of higher mounting pressure on surfaces with high copper content, the higher mounting pressure which i was told to use by the other guy who ran the trial on the other forum as thats how to get the best from icd.

it worked fine on gpu, chipsets and vrm byw, just not on my lapped cpu/modded heatsink.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
i had my post removed from this thread for stating my exp of this tim from another forum it did trials on.

that post was removed without warning or reason.

i wasnt even posting about it to be arsey, just to share my findings as icd stopped posting on the other forum.

from what i can tell with mine and others who have had issues it is because of higher mounting pressure on surfaces with high copper content, the higher mounting pressure which i was told to use by the other guy who ran the trial on the other forum as thats how to get the best from icd.

it worked fine on gpu, chipsets and vrm byw, just not on my lapped cpu/modded heatsink.

Any reference as to where it was in this thread so I can look into why it has been removed?

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
nevermind i found it :eek:

i swear it had gone last time i went thru this thread :eek:

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
I think that the contamination angle could have some merit though as I had been using IC7 for about six months before the test and it didn't do any damage to my CPU or heatsink. After that I did 2 things:

- Sanded the heatsink to improve pressure
- Swapped 4 TIMs on a short period of time

So I think that either the sample I got had something wrong with it or ICD requires a perfectly clean surface. One thing that I noticed is that IC24 was smoother and less dark than my IC7 but that might just be aging (I've had had that IC7 tube for about 2 years).

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester

Go read your post you replied to me #388 read it before poking at me please.

Here let me help ya.... Read the bold typo oK :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullinfusion View Post
Funny how mine spreads out over the entire cpu when using a dab about this big o Did you watch my video?
but then again maybe having a good aftermarket back plate and good block mount does do wonders, also I put the cpu under full prime stress for a few min to help it move where it needs to go from the heat build up..

If ppl's coolers don't have enough locking pressure then take your tube and place it in a cup of hot water for 5 min or so... that helps.

Sure the paste is a bit tough to remove but use 99% iso alcohol and makeup removing pads.

These ones work the best and dont leave cotton bunnies behind.

http://img.techpowerup.org/130105/cotton_pads.jpg

next

I dont find, nor have a problem of the rep. Sure he made a few honest and regretted remarks but do you blame him? no, I sure the hell dont!!! but Others did! and believe me if I had the knowledge and background and a firm belief in something Id be the biggest fukn @$#% around (but's that me so be clear on that) so ppl understand there is alot of testing upon testing that goes on in the back ground. Sure Sneekypeats cooler pitted but I betcha the cooler was faulty IMHO and if the paste did damage the surface then its one in 50 thousand! It just takes one complaint to start the ball rolling in checking mixture/ machines/all the equipment that goes into the making of a product... but to poke at ya DOM, Mabey it was your girlfriends boy friend that got pissed off and tossed a chunk into the batch as a pay back... ;) One never knows till all the variables and tests are sorted out.... and please take what I said with a grain of salt!

Picking away at Andrew is so disrespectful and Id feel humiliated on making comments about I'M NEVER GOING TO USE THAT PRODUCT rant rant rant.... but in turn that person/ people never had a single problem with the product... Thats just a follower and not a leader! :cool:

cdawall quoted:

Works fine when you have a proper cooler/backplate combo.

Thank you cdawall :respect: Someone who understands the process!!! There is only a few ppl here in all of TPU I trust and believe in and never fucks with cropping and pasting to make things not as they seem... and it's CDAWALL!

And just to comment on that dude that posted a picture of his cpu and that big gouge out of it!!! LMAO give me a break! I've sampled and sampled and looked and looked but I'll let the rep here explaine whats what :toast:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
finished my testing images will be posted soon. and Full give it a break it could be contaimination could have been a bad batch, essentially shit happens. i need to compare pictures however to see if theres any changes altho i didnt notice anything to the naked eye.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

After comparing the images and my cooler itself before and after i have no pitting or damage, all scratches and scraps etc are from previous use. IC Diamond did not cause any damage in my testing and during hot and cold cycles i saw a minor temp drop at load on the Noctua. If anything the only thing i noticed was some staining which eventually with some careful buffing was removed with Artic clean. I did not see the same outcome or damage that sneaky peet did with the same cooler brand. However considering the fact this isnt a hit or miss issue and has been raised before in other forums and here as well, a Quality control problem could be at fault. With that said i would wager a guess its no worse than a DOA part in that it comes down to the simple explanation of shit happens. Overall it seems someone further up the food chain needs to be taking a closer look at how the paste is being made to see if there are any issues. As far as the smell that brandon talks about my tube does not smell out of the ordinary has the same smell i would attribute to thermal paste in general no foul odor was detected.

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I took the rest of my tube last night and squirted it out over a sheet of paper. I noticed it did have some types of chunks that could be broken up with a razer blade and the stench of this paste smell like bigfoot took a shit in it LOL. Temps have been good though especially with my H50 on AMD.

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
And just to comment on that dude that posted a picture of his cpu and that big gouge out of it!!! LMAO give me a break! I've sampled and sampled and looked and looked but I'll let the rep here explaine whats what :toast:

Whoa whoa, where that did come from? Dude I did not pick on you or any of your comments (although, frankly, some seemed heavy handed). Just because you don't have problems doesn't mean that nobody has. Sonda also got similar damage on his water block.

And if you had read my posts instead of just giving a pacing glance over the pictures you'd know that I've used IC for a lot of time. That particular CPU had IC7 applied for 6 months BEFORE the test and it didn't even left a mark, that's why I tend to agree with IC on the contamination angle. Is either that or the tube I got had something wrong.

What I'd want IC to do is to replicate the issue and find a way to prevent it. That's it. I'm not claiming that they owe me a CPU or anything (CPU is working fine, if anyone is wondering).

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Well I've been monitoring this thread from start to finish, and I have discerned three things.

1. I will not be using IC Diamond
2. FullInfusion is horribly horribly biased and condescending
3. Company Reps finally grew balls and stopped pretending "the customer is always right", but in doing so, became incredibly condescending in themselves.

Honestly, he could have just said, "Yeah man, bad sample, my bad, heres some free tubes of paste for you troubles", even if it was user error. But now he looks like a douchebag and has probably lost more customers over the last 17 pages than gained by explaining details.
"We are sorry, here is a free token for your troubles, we will look into the problem." It aint hard, even if you're lying

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Full, I think that if a handful of people ARE having issues then there is something wrong in the QC department of IC. Yes you may have gotten a good sample but as peet mentioned some people didn't and it did some damage some how. I know my sample didn't damage anything but did have small chunks (looked like dried parts) in it and smelled of sewage (This could be due to chemicals used). Your posts seem to be attacking the ones that are having issues. I don't think the people that had issues are demanding anything other than IC figure out what is going on and try to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.