Feb 21, 2013, 08:25 PM
My name is Dave
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 10,773 (4.14/day)
Thanked 5,225 Times in 3,209 Posts
Originally Posted by Ikaruga
What we "know" so far about about Orbis's CPU (from the rumors/leaks) is this:
- Orbis contains eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz, arranged as two “clusters”
- Each cluster contains 4 cores and a shared 2MB L2 cache
- 256-bit SIMD operations, 128-bit SIMD ALU
- SSE up to SSE4, as well as Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
- One hardware thread per core
- Decodes, executes and retires at up to two intructions/cycle
- Out of order execution
- Per-core dedicated L1-I and L1-D cache (32Kb each)
- Two pipes per core yield 12,8 GFlops performance
- 102.4 GFlops for system
1.6Ghz might get a little boost before the release, since they also doubled the RAM from 4GB to 8GB already.
btw a little off-toppic: anyone has any idea, how the hell are they going to deal with the insane amount of latency of the GDDR5 as main memory, this is something which puzzles me since yesterday?
Gadgets, Phones, Tablets, Cameras, TVs, HiFi...NextPowerUp
-Only real men play games THIS way.