Originally Posted by KennyT772
Newteckie you may have something wrong with your wiring. Most vaccumes are 2-3 amp, your pc pulls 3-4 amp at full load, stereo prolly 2 amp, and tv almost nothing. If I were you I would find out what all is on your circuit. You may have multiple rooms and possibly appliances on your breaker therefore creating an overload.
When motors fire up they can draw substantially more current than when running. It's quite possible that his curcuit is capable of handling the running devices, but cant handle the initial startup current needed. Vacuums are notorious for dimming lights when you start them