My opinion on the latest TPU reviews:
Company of heroes, I don't know for sure but my guess is that this game did not sell well at all. I don't know a single gamer who owns this game and I am active on game-forums all over the planet and none of my friends ( Belgium, USA, Canada ) know or own this game. I know it's a good game and everyone that did buy it enjoyed it, but come on, that game is like two years old and I really think that nobody cares about that game anymore. So for me, a useless benchmark.
Far Cry, Cryisis got released and Far Cry 2 is on the way, and you guys still waist time bencharming in Far Cry? Come on, it was released more then 4 years ago. Yes it was a good game, but who's gonna buy a new GPU for Far cry???
Prey, beatifull game, awesome gameplay, but come on, who still plays it? I am pretty sure I finished that game with my 7600GT on 1600x1200.
Quake 4, again, nice game, but it's old and for some reason the multiplayer never got the attention it deserved.
Splinter Cell 3, I enjoyed it....more then 3 years ago.
3DMark03, 3dMark05, why?
Why don't I say anything about F.E.A.R, simply because the multiplayer is free ( and not dead yet ) and the game is one of the first multi-GPU optimized games.
Don't get me rong, I love the TPU reviews, I just wish that you guys tested in more games that are usefull for more gamers.
- World of Warcraft ( IT IS the most popular MMORPG on the planet and running it on 2560x1600 with high AA and AF settings is still not possible on all areas )
- Replace Far Cry with Far Cry 2 as soon as it gets released
- Stop running 3DMark03 and 3DMark05 and start running 3DMark Vantage ( better, stop running 3DMark
- Trackmania Nations Forever, it's free, it's new, it's becoming more popular every day and you need powerfull hardware to run it maxed out
- America's Army 3.0 as soon as its out ( free online UnrealEngine-3 FPS-game )
- Age of Conan, this game is selling like crazy in Europe, better then GTA4
- Team Fortress 2
- Mass effect
I have only played Trackmania Nations Forever, so don't think I mention these games for my personal intrest.
Replacing old, dead games by new and/or popular games would only improve the TPU reviews that are already really great. And please don't start bitching at me just because I think it's better, it's just my opinion, just one guy's opinion. ( I got banned for posts like this one on Guru3D )
One more thing, about the overclocking part. I would love to see one more 3DMark chart where the OC results are included, just so that gamers know what performance impact to expect once overclocked. Pretty sure everyone would love to know if an overclocked 4850 can beat the 3870X2.