Step by Step Rolling back BIOS
I flashed my card the Gigabyte route. Full on XT PE with 16 pipes... but, I have had a little instability now and then even if I drop the clocks down to XT speed. I want to go ahead and flash her back to the original BIOS.
To get the steps correct let me run through what I think to be the correct procedure (make sure and get it right):
1. Pull the modified flashrom files onto a bootable floppy
2. Have my "backup.bin" and "empty.bin" on the same floppy
3. Boot to created floppy
4. Run "flashrom -p -f 0 empy.bin"
5. Run "flashrom -p -f 0 backup.bin"
6. Reboot and reinstall drivers
Is this exactly, step by step the correct way to do it?
The reason I am so ultra caustious is I dont have a PCI card handy and dont want to botch a flash.
Thanks in advance!