|Jan 18, 2010, 10:15 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 13,764 (4.18/day)
Thanked 10,209 Times in 3,157 Posts
PowerColor Announces the ''DirectX 11 Experience'' Contest
PowerColor today announced the "How was your first time? DX11 Experience!" contest in collaboration with media partners. Participating online publications' online communities including members of TechPowerUp Forums will be able to participate in the contest. The objective is to take an artistic picture of yourself at your "First time DX11 experience" as PowerColor puts it, your reaction to the visual realism DirectX 11 shows, etc.
Entries collected in this community will be put to a vote by its members. The best entry from the community will win a PowerColor HD 5770 PCS+ graphics card. Winning entries from the various participating publications will make it to a larger selection where a worldwide winner will be announced.
The fine-print of this contest follows after the break.
SHARE YOUR MOMENT AND WIN PRIZES!
The rules of this competition are simple, just submit a picture of your first DX11 experience moment, you’re reaction, or you’re cat reaction to your reaction, anything that might relate to your first DX11 Experience! You just have to hope that others will vote for you as the most original.
This competition has five communities as partners where you can submit your picture, later the community you submitted your picture will vote for the most original one to represent their community. The winner of each community will get brand new PowerColor PCS+ 5770.
When each community has found its winner will then go on direct competition with the other communities winners in a voting that will be held here to find the craziest picture of all. The global winner will receive a brand new PowerColor PCS+ 5870.
Click on one community logo below and show them why you had to close you’re room when you got your first DX11 ready card.
1. You must be 16 years or older to participate.
2. You must own the submitted picture / have the rights to use it.
3. Participants are required to upload their pictures both in the main competition page and the community they choose to participate.
4. No plagiarism of any kind. If you copy you will be disqualified and publicly humiliated
5. It’s a open to creativity competition, you can post pictures of anything that might relate to your first DX11 Experience, your reaction, your room’s door scratched from your dog that wanted to go for a walk and you were too entertained to remember, well anything original just be creative!
6. Pictures can include artwork and be modified.
7. No pornography, nudity, profanity, nor any kind of material that might be offensive.
8. In case of tie, each community administrator will ultimately choose the winner
9. Only one participation per user/person allowed.
10. PowerColor will do everything in their power to ensure a speedy delivery of all of the prizes.
11. PowerColor and its partners reserves the right to refuse entry into the competition, and any entrant found cheating, plagiarizing, or generally following un-sportsmanlike behavior will be instantly disqualified.
12. No responsibility will be taken for lost entries.
13. These rules may change at any time and you must accept these changes.
14. By submitting your first entry, you have confirmed your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The contest is open to TechPowerUp Forums community members from all over the world. To participate in the contest from TechPowerUp Forums, visit this page.
Last edited by W1zzard; Jan 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM.
|Jan 18, 2010, 10:38 AM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,159 (1.88/day)
Thanked 652 Times in 533 Posts
|Jan 18, 2010, 11:31 AM||#4|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SouthERN Africa
Posts: 880 (0.63/day)
Thanked 118 Times in 93 Posts
This would be a cool competition to join, but:
1) Powercolor contests suck IMO; &
2) There's no use showing them my first time with a 5850 coz they'd just say I plagiarised Lonely Island's J*zz in my Pants!
CPU-Z validation sig pics temporarily blocked
|Jan 18, 2010, 06:12 PM||#7|
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,963 (1.26/day)
Thanked 752 Times in 540 Posts
That's kinda funny. Why they want to ask us the experience with DX11 and then give us a DX11 card as a prize? I mean ok, if i know the experience with DX11 i already own HD5750 or better.
So, what's the point of getting another one (apart from CrossfireX)? It would make more sense for anything else related to sub-DX11 card and then get the latest DX11 tech as a prize.
RejZoR's Little Secrets @ rejzor dot tk
|Jan 19, 2010, 04:34 AM||#8|
Eligible for custom title
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,567 (2.02/day)
Thanked 979 Times in 729 Posts
What if I was so immersed that my home burned down and I almost died? Could I sue them for realness infrengement as the graphics were so good? Woud I still win the card if I were to submit a picture?
So we win a card that does DX11 but only after we buy a card that does it?
Perhaps this wasn't the most thought out contest. If I already had for example a 5870, why would I want a 5770? Could I sell it? Do we get a trip to Bora Bora as a alternate prize?
How about a gift certificate good for XXX to your card of choice? Then if you have a 5870, and get this you can get it at a rebate price? Or you could use this to trade up?
“it would have been perfect....its got trains and the line"tech your kids not to do what iv done"(or similar) because i had obviously done something to warrent 2 e-thugs to come 4000miles out of their way and kill me.” -Solaris17
“yeah i failed. i noticed the "coming soon" part after i posted.” -Mussels
“people are just stupid.” -W1zzardYes I am evil, yes you can have some.
Last edited by Steevo; Jan 19, 2010 at 04:42 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PowerColor DirectX 11 Experience Contest||W1zzard||Contests||76||Feb 2, 2010 08:01 AM|
|PowerColor Announces ''The Best of 2008'' Contest||btarunr||News||33||Dec 7, 2008 04:33 AM|
|Calling all Gamers, OCZ Announces the “Win with the nia” Contest for Case and Prizes||malware||News||13||Aug 1, 2008 01:14 PM|
|Turbine Announces DirectX 10 Support for The Lord of the Rings Online||malware||News||8||Jan 8, 2008 01:39 PM|