• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting annoyed with afterburner/precision

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
I with precision and my friend with afterburner both have very similar problems with these two programs, despite different card brands. Sometimes your keyboard shortcuts don't work period, other times we're typing and the speed profiles switch due to undocumented keyboard shortcuts. Afterburner has the additional problem of not always applying the OC at startup. I just don't get it; precision has had tons of updates and yet they still haven't fixed this stuff. All I can do is think these are problems with the base programming as I think they're both based on rivatuner, but that shouldn't prevent it from being corrected.

Last edited:
I've complained about it already and i was called flamer/idiot/moron/whatever. Just the author and support did not want to admit it that several things are seriously flawed or badly designed.
Oh well, if they say everything is fine, then so be it. I call that ignorance.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
Are you guys sure it isn't device conflicts. I had to unplug or disable built in Infrared devices in device manager to get some programs running fully functional. Not sure why and I can't remember what programs that required it TBH. It is a common problem when I googled it though.

Unwinder

RivaTuner Creator
I've complained about it already and i was called flamer/idiot/moron/whatever. Just the author and support did not want to admit it that several things are seriously flawed or badly designed.
Oh well, if they say everything is fine, then so be it. I call that ignorance.

Can I ask you to stop spreading endless flow of lie and misinformation and my products? You're deadly predictable as well as your childish attempts to revenge for ban warnings in Guru3D forums because of your similar behaviors there,
Oh well, if you say it is seriously flawed and badly designed, then so be it. Hope your trolling activity here makes you happier.