• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS/FT] 15.6" HP DV6-6135DX Notebook - A8-3500m APU

Status
Not open for further replies.
15.6" HP DV6-6135DX Notebook - A8-3500m APU - Only $325 Shipped

Looking to sell my couple month old DV6 or trade for a cheaper notebook + cash.

The straight price is $350 $325 Shipped! I need money for books for my classes :(

My Heatware
Feedback at Overclock.net
Feel free to message me any offers or questions, I will answer them promptly.

Exact Machine Link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1306296

The A8 is a powerhouse and runs whatever I need it to with ease both stock and overclocked. This notebook is a perfect work machine or daily browser. The 6620g is plenty for light gaming, as it can handle League of Legends and Starcraft 2 on low-medium settings.

Here are some notebookcheck spec sheets:
A8-3500M
Integrated 6620g

---

The Good
This notebook is essentially new, I take good care of every laptop I get and this is no exception. The exterior is nearly flawless with no noticeable scratches on the brushed exterior and interior. As far as upgrades go this machine has been upgraded from the stock 1x4gb 1x2gb config to a 2x4gb GSkill pair. Battery life is about 2-3 hours.

The Bad
After my overly ambitious attempts to overclock and switch the 6750m to the primary adapter, the dedicated card has been bricked through bios flashing and is no longer recognized by Windows. This means the APU's 6620g is now the primary gpu instead of the hybrid crossfire setup it previously had. The original harddrive was taken out and put into an enclosure and failed for reasons I'm not sure of yet, but that would mean this laptop would come harddrive-less unless you want the 60gb backup drive I'm using right now.

---

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
System Name my rig
Processor phenom II x2 555 BE
Motherboard Asrock 880 GM-LE
Cooling Corsair H80
Memory 2x2gb Team Elite 1333mhz
Video Card(s) Unlocked Asus EAH6950 DCU II 2gb
Storage 500gb WD Blue
Display(s) Samsung 22"
Case Thermaltake V4 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) n/a
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 600W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
nice..item..if only i had the money right now...Bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.