• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fifa 13 DEMO is very good....

Looks-
.. The game looks amazing, the lighting and the shadows are perfect and it looks so realistic in the game.
..Also the fact we can now change the time of kick off from 12:00 all the way to 10:00 is amazing, and every half hour inbetween, so you can start your match in the day and it will finish in the night!
..The grass is also very well presented as they have added some length and given it a much better texture and I'm excited to see the worn versions.
-Players all look different and you can tell who is who buy just body shape e.g. yaya toure + kolarov runs gangly and strides, where as ox-lade + tevez is short and stumpy and runs with controlled speed and power.
-faces are ok, some good be better but EA have done an OK job at that.
- Shirts and boots looks standard and their is a lot of different hair styles going on.

game play-

- the balls runs a lot quicker in some parts, which i personally love, the game has a nice flow to it and when the style of the game changes you can feel it, if the other team is in control the feel is either slower, quicker etc.
- I love the first touch, finally a player will knock it on with his heel or with his shin/knee/thigh as long as he gets going.
-It also means when a player controls it down the wing you get a real attacking sense of determination.
Also no-one controls it perfectly which makes a good change and i'm sure bronze players will be fun but more skill will be requires.
-Dribbling is almost the exact same which annoys me kinda, it is easier to go round people if you are skilled and accurate, also if its timed well. Also skills moves are a lot better as you now have better exit channels.
Also when holding LT the players will some times hold their dribbling foot far out which allows them to cut and turn quicker.
-pace, players that are quick have a good feel to them, they run different in full sprint and focus on the balls, where as slower players are kinda quick but strain to get their.

** I had a great moment where i took the ball too the by line with walcott and zabaleta was pulling trying to get closer, he pulled and fell + rolled where as walcott stumbled and chipped the ball into the box, it felt great**

- shooting is nice and accurate for the high level players, TEVEZ IS A BEAST, give him space and he will smash it with all his might and get it on target 80% of the time.
-chipping is the same which is good as we don't want 09/10 chipping again!
-curved shots can also be drilled across the ground and not all of them go curling top corner the height vary's on a lot of factors.

-Looks.
- Intro is a little bit OTT for me, feels americany.
HOWEVER, the inside the tunnel view looks amazing and the police/camera men added make a nice change.
- Players call and shout for the ball and they make them self noticed which is nice to see, nasri is a very good example he is always calling shouting for the balls.
Also seeing defenders control and point in defense is great.

Sorry it's a read but I'm trying to make all the positive noted.

Cons would only be
-dribbling is not different, but i've noticed when i play online/UT I dribble a lot better than against the CPU who can predict moves and defend better, so its unfair to say.
- Pace is a great factor, is you have someone quick with good ball control/dribbling/strength then they will be GOD *hulk*
-Keeper AI is a bit slow and slugish and it is easy to score headers.
-IS a pain to play on keyboard+mouse....

So what do you guys think???

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
the FIFA series makes me wish I enjoyed soccer.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6

Imagine if this was on the game IMAGINE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.8GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
Cooling Zalman 9500 LED CPU Cooler
Memory 2x 2GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 DHX - 1600MH/PC3-12800
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD4870 1GB
Storage 2x Seagate 320GB Barracuda (RAID 0) 3x 1TB Samsung F3, 140GB WD Maxtor (10,000rpm)
Display(s) 2x 20" LG Flatron L204WS
Power Supply Powercool 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Thanks Razor - that was a great read. Really looking forward to this!

I have played with all demo teams now... Tevez as i mentioned is a beast there's no stopping him...
Also I found Nasri a bit TOO good(Finishing and sprint)...
Mario Gotze is very good as awinger
Van Persie is Good & Reus is exceptional...

At Expert difficulty:
1)you really need a good build-up.. if not you cannot score..(I like randomness of Goal-scorer...which was missing in the FIFA series..)
2)AI players are a bit faster than our defenders...

I am playing with Keyboard-Mouse.. It takes a lot of time to get used to these new controls..
If you use only Keyboard, you will have to use almost all of the alphabet keys and left side of special keys...

In other words people who loved to play on Keyboard will find FIFA 13 very difficult(They removed functionality of arrow keys)
Fifa 09 players who used mouse may find it easier to adapt...

But I think Buying a controller would be better....

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Processor Intel i7 2600K @4.6Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
Cooling Noctua nh-u12p se2
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
Video Card(s) POWERCOLOR HD 7970 3GB
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD / 2*320GB WDC RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 21" 1650*1080
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Professional PCI
Power Supply OCZ PC Power & Cooling 860W
Software Windows 7 x64
Not a patch on Pro Evo Soccer 2013.

Never has been and never will be.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Not saying the game isnt good, but i tried the demo on my ps3 and it feels the same as last years. A few pregame differences but thats about it

Not saying the game isnt good, but i tried the demo on my ps3 and it feels the same as last years. A few pregame differences but thats about it

As far as the presentation and game-play is considered FIFA 11 was a revolution... whereas FIFA 12 & 13 are simply improvements over FIFA 11...

I mean there is nothing more you can do to simulate natural gameplay... only thing missing was First-touch which is introduced this year..
Now all they can do for FIFA 14 is little tweaks of this years FIFA....