1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

£300 build, need questions answered and opinions :)

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by xfxrising, Apr 13, 2013.

1. xfxrising

xfxrising New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh wow, that's a very helpful list. Thanks!

Edit: Never in a million years did i think that picking a motherboard would be the most complicated and troublesome thing when picking parts for a pc lol. Everytime i pick a board it turns out its not good enough or a lot of people are having troubles with it. Might just go with the Asus m5a99x and call it a day xD
    Edit update (Lol): Remembered that tpu had a review for the asus board and it seems to be good enough (And cheaper) so ill just go with that :)

yeah in know about that :) Not gonna get a gaming card till my birthday next year when ill get a card in the £120-£160 price range so its not a problem at this time :)

£180? O.O Why do you need something that expensive? aha!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/compu...-buy-a-pc-for-editing-video-and-photos-718647

just reading this, youre spot on with the 8core. however the APU's do quite well

with that board youll have to add a graphics card. then ram etc etc etc

because i had a cheap thing (£40 NOOOB mistake) and wanted high end to power high end stuff, when it comes to psu's its quality not quantity. read reviews (johnny guru google it)
  3. xfxrising

xfxrising New Member

Thanks Received:
    The apus seem great and i would probably get one instead of an fx if editing wasn't my #1 priority aha.

Do you need your gts 450 at all? After i buy the other parts and work out how much money i have left, i could probably buy it from you and pay for postage and all that ofc (Assuming you live in England like your profile says) if i cant buy it from you then ill just get a 5450 for £23 :p
  4. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  5. xfxrising

xfxrising New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gonna be getting a fx 8350 not an apu tho

edit: why is everyone recommending that i get a 9 series board? Because i really don't want to gey one if i dont need too
    £20 to get better board, £20 to upgrade case(t2 only supports micro-atx) and £20 to get a video card. That's a lot of money for something that may not be that much of an upgrade :/ only thing i can see being useful is the better overclocking
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  6. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    If you do not intend to push it hard in overclocking terms then IMO you don't need a 9 series, after all this is a budget build, however with motherboards you really do get what you pay for so at least get one that has sufficient power phases etc
  7. xfxrising

xfxrising New Member

Thanks Received:
    In that case ill just go for a 7 series board and get an additional 4gb of ram. as it'll be cheaper than getting a better case, board and gpu :p and would it be fine to overclock the 8320 to 3850 speeds on the stock cooler?

Edit: Probably just gonna get the board i originally intended to get. Motherboard only supports up to 1330mhz+ speeds but ill still be able to overclock ram higher than that right? If i can't then i don't mind
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  8. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Where are you buying these parts from? It'd be a good idea to shop around, as various places have different deals.
    Overclockers UK have daily deals as well as this week only deal every wednesday
    Scan have today only deals every day
    Ebuyer have occasionally some cheaper standard stock than other places
    I find Dabs to be the cheapest for GPU's at the moment
    CCL Online has a lot of cheap stock, and the last time i bought an 8350, they price matched the lowest costing store i compared it to when i called them up.

If you're going to OC, you need a better board along with that H60. If you're not going to OC, you can stick with your current board ideas, and get a cheaper CPU cooler.
    If you're lucky on the daily deals, you can pick up 8Gb of 1600mhz ram for £35
    xfxrising says thanks.
  9. xfxrising

xfxrising New Member

Thanks Received:
    Getting everything from aria but the ram is on overclockers uk =) Defiantly going to save this in a note pad aha
  10. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    It's become part of my weekly rituals to check eat site on each day :D
    I forgot about aria, and also novatech, though ive not bought from them often since the release of the Phenom II's as they had some good bundles.
    d1nky says thanks.
  11. xfxrising

xfxrising New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol, I'll probably start doing that too because I won't have all the money till around the end of April so ill keep an eye out for any good deals :) I've heard about novatech, never went to their website before but I'll make sure to check them out!
  12. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    They are my No1 retailer, best RMA support out there IMO.
  13. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013