1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

“Merged” CPU-GPU in 2008, Says AMD Chief Technologist

Discussion in 'News' started by D_o_S, Sep 26, 2006.

1. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    it doesn't have to be top gaming, an ahton 3000+ and a x1600 won't get too hot :)

2. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
    65w+85w= 150w TDP.

Not gonna fly on air cooling. However, you will never reach dedicated GPU speeds because it would have to utilize the cpu's memory- in this case, low end DDR2. Maybe DDR3.

GPU's are moving on to GDDR4 already...

they cannot push high end GPU's onto cpu's simply because of performance, even if they do manage to keep the heat down. its just not there!

4. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Nah, I'm only 34. I told you I had a crappy job and was looking to get a good one. Just backing up the knowledge I've obtained over the years with a piece of paper.

As to everyone else that's saying this will be a piece of junk, just remember that gaming drives the industry. I don't think they will do anything to jeopardize that. Besides, what kind of internal bus system will be used on this? It is probably going to be something fast, with a whole lot of bandwidth, and have very low latency between the two. How many people are out there running a top of the line CPU and a crappy video card? How many are running a great vid card and a slow-ass CPU? I don't think either company would want to risk upsetting the gaming community by putting out junk ...

Crunching for Team TPU